- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
A Supper From the Sea Recipe
|For the dessert:|
|Whole strawberries||6 , washed|
|Strawberry ice cream||1 Pint|
|Ladyfinger||200 Gram (1 Package)|
|Pineapple chunks in juice||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Apricot jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the seafood soup:|
|Stewed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed separately|
|Frozen lobster tail||8 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Sole fillet/Flounder fillet||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh)|
|French bread rolls/Hero roll||8 Inch|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|For the salad:|
|Escarole||3 Cup (48 tbs), broken in pieces|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄8 Pound (1 Single Piece)|
|Prepared salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||250 Gram (1 Package)|
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.4 mg44.1%
Sodium 702.7 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g65%
Sugars 62.5 g
Protein 38 g75.8%
Vitamin A 127.3% Vitamin C 113.8%
Calcium 45.6% Iron 40%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, add 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil. Add in 1/2 packet of frozen peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain and chill. Wrap the remaining packet and freeze.
2) Using a paring knife, slice around the bottom of the ice-cream box. Let cold water run on the sides of the carton. Take the lid off. From below push the ice cream out onto a platter. Freeze.
3) Slice 5 ladyfingers lengthwise. Place them on a waxed paper with their cut side up. Sprinkle the ladyfingers with 3 tablespoons of pinepapple juice.
4) In a small bowl, add apricot jam and 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice. Drain the pineapple.
5) In a large saucepan, add sliced onions, stewed tomatoes, white wine, salt, 1/4 teaspoon basil, pepper and 1 pressed garlic clove. Boil the mixture.
6) If using mussels, scrub them. Slice the lobster tail through its shell into four pieces. Clean the flounder fillet and slice them into four pieces.
7) Add in the frozen lobster and mussels into the stewing mixture. Let it boil once, before turning down the flame. The lobster must become tender and the mussels must open in about 15 minutes. Add in the fish fillets 7 minutes before the stew is thoroughly cooked.
8) Arrange the ladyfingers around the ice cream. Place the pineapple chunks around the edge of a dish. Place 3 pineapple chunks on top. Brush apricot mixture over the ladyfingers and pineapples. Set in the freezer.
9) Slice the French Bread Loaf. Place on a cookie sheet with cut side up.
Brush with a mixture of soft butter, pressed garlic and 1/8 teaspoon basil. Broil the bread till soft golden brown.
10) Add in the escarole pieces into a salad bowl alongwith cheese cubes and peas. Drizzle in the salad dressing and toss well to mix all.
11) Serve the seafood soup hot, garnished with chopped parsley. Serve the broiled bread on the side.
12) Serve the escarole salad with extra salad dressing on the side.
13) Serve the pineapple and ladyfingers dessert with strawberries.