- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
A Sunday Dinner Recipe
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (for cooking)|
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||3 , halved|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Fresh plum tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, washed and cut into eighths|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped|
|Confectioners' sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lady fingers||3 Ounce (1 package)|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, grated (6 tablespoons)|
|Romaine head||1 , washed and crisped|
|Prepared salad dressing||To Taste (as required)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Pound (for serving, 1 stick)|
Calories 870 Calories from Fat 355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.6%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g112%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.6 mg
Sodium 1087.8 mg45.3%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 28.3 g
Protein 36 g72.8%
Vitamin A 184% Vitamin C 57.4%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and slice peaches into small bowl.
2. Add the granulated sugar and lemon juice and toss. Set aside.
3. Lightly oil a 1-quart mold for the polenta.
4. Tear romaine into large pieces and arrange in a salad bowl.
5. Wash and thinly slice cucumber. Mound over lettuce in salad bowl.
6. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve, about 30 minutes.
7. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter
8. Arrange the chicken breast halves and brown them for 5 minutes on each side.
9. Add onion, tomatoes, basil, oregano and salt to chicken and sautÃ©.
10. Cover the skillet and let the chicken simmer for about 15 minutes until it is tender.
11. In the meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
12. While the water is boiling prepare the dessert, by blending whipped heavy cream with confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
13. Reserve several peach slices for garnish and arrange half of the remaining on bottom or flat dessert dish.
14. Top with half of ladyfingers and drizzle with juice from the peaches.
15. Top with half of flavored cream.
16. Repeat layering remaining peaches, ladyfingers and cream.
17. Garnish with reserved peach slices and chopped nuts.
18. Chill in the freezer until serving time.
19. To the boiling water add salt and gradually add the cornmeal, stirring constantly.
20. Over low heat, allow the cornmeal to cook and thicken, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes until it resembles mush.
21. Stir 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese into polenta
22. Turn into greased mold and pack firmly.
23. When chicken is cooked, remove to serving platter and keep warm.
24. Blend flour in ¼ cup water to make a paste and stir into the cooking liquid of the chicken.
25. Allow the sauce to thicken, stirring constantly.
26. Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
27. Dress the chilled salad with dressing and toss well.
28. Unmold the Polenta onto a serving platter and garnish it with remaining Parmesan.
29. Accompany meal with hard rolls and butter.
30. Just before serving the dessert, remove from the freezer, cut into squares and serve on dessert plates.
31. Serve beverage of your choice at end of the meal.