- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
A Rich Meat Sauce For Spaghetti Recipe
|Streaky bacon rashers||2|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Pigs kidney||1 Small|
|Beef mince||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1⁄2 Pint (150 To 300 Milliliter)|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Whole-wheat flour/Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 360 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.6 mg
Sodium 244.1 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 25 g50.6%
Vitamin A 51.5% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 2% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a meat board, use a sharp meat knife to slice the rind of the bacon. Dice the bacon into small uniform pieces. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
2. Wash and clean kidney. Chop the kidney into small dices. Transfer to a plate or bowl and keep aside.
3. On a vegetable board, use a paring knife to peel and finely chop the onion. Crush the garlic with the flat surface of the knife blade.
4. Use a vegetable grater to grate the carrot into a bowl. You can grate the in a food processor as well.
5. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
6. When the oil is hot, add the chopped bacon and sauté until crisp and brown.
7. To the bacon, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the chopped kidney to the pan sauté for 5 minutes.
9. When meat is browned, add grated carrot.
10. Stir in the tomato puree and stock.
11. Add herbs and seasonings to the pan and allow the sauce to come to a boil.
12. Reduce the flame to low, cover the pan and allow the sauce to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the sauce is sticking to the pan, add a little more stock or water.
13. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring salted water to a boil on high flame.
14. Add the spaghetti and boil until al dente. The spaghetti should be firm but not under cooked. Drain spaghetti in a colander, reserving ½ cup of the starch water.
15. Combine flour and spaghetti water to make a slurry
16. Thicken the prepared sauce with the flour slurry and simmer, stirring continuously until thick.
17. Dish out spaghetti into 4 large pasta plates or soup plates.
18. Top the spaghetti generously with the prepared sauce
19. Grind some fresh pepper over the pasta if desired.