- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Perfect Brown Rice Recipe Video
|Brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
Calories 538 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 975.1 mg40.6%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.8% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Lay the brown rice in a dish.
3. Add the water.
4. In a pan, heat butter.
5. Add the salt and mix.
6. Add this butter mix to the rice dish.
7. Cover with aluminium foil and pop into the oven for an hour.
8. Remove from the oven and run fork through.
9. Cover the dish with a cloth for 5 minutes.
10. Let the rice cool for 5 minutes
11. Serve the rice along with curries.