- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
A Chicken Dinner Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Leeks/1 onion, finely chopped||4 , sliced|
|Carrots||2 , sliced|
|Freshly cooked peas and carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sauteed in 1 tablespoon butter (For Garnish)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced (For Garnish)|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.6%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122 mg
Sodium 275.6 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 37 g74%
Vitamin A 93.9% Vitamin C 28.6%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large frying pan, brown chicken using hot oil and butter.
2) Remove and keep the chicken aside.
3) In the same fat, fry the onions or leeks, carrots, celery for about 3 minutes.
4) Take a glass or ceramic baking dish and transfer the above mixture after mixing some flour.
5) In the above dish with vegetable mixture, arrange the chicken breast pieces in the centre of the dish and the remaining chicken pieces on top of the vegetables.
6) Pour the broth and wine and sprinkle with marjoram.
7) Cook without lid on "roast" mode for 20 minutes in the microwave.
8) Remove from the microwave and add required salt and pepper.
9) Add the peas, carrots, and mushrooms in the dish and transfer the dish back to the microwave.
10) Continue cooking without lid on high for 3 more minutes.
11) Garnish with parsley.