- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
A Better Oatmeal Cookie.mpg Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Dark brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), firmly packed|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried cranberries/Raisin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnut||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.9 mg
Sodium 251 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 37 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Line a baking sheet with the parchment paper.
3. Beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
4. Add in the eggs and vanilla; beat well.
5. In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add it to the egg mixture.
6. Stir in the oats, cranberries and nuts; mix well.
7. Scoop out the cookie mixture onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
10. Serve cookies with tea or coffee.