- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Four Bean Chili Recipe Video
|Kidney bean||1 1⁄2 Can (15 oz)|
|Pinto beans||1 1⁄2 Can (15 oz)|
|Red bean||1 1⁄2 Can (15 oz)|
|Black bean||1 1⁄2 Can (15 oz)|
|Diced tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 can)|
|Crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 can)|
|Vegan sausage||2 Medium (Soyrizo brand, 1 pack)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Cumin||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Red chili||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (this is to taste)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (this is for frying)|
Calories 799 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 765.5 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.2%
Dietary Fiber 33.6 g134.4%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 46 g92.9%
Vitamin A 52.9% Vitamin C 91.9%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 84.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, take the beans and cover it with an inch of water above it.
2. Cover with a lid and bring it to a boil.
3. Remove from flame and let the beans soak. This soaking softens the beans and reduces the cooking time.
4. Meanwhile, dice the vegetables, crush garlic and ready the spices.
5. Heat a skillet and pour vegetable oil over it. Let it warm over medium flame.
6. Add the diced celery, red onion, garlic, bell pepper and spices. Sauté for two minutes.
7. Add one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, the zucchini, corn and Soyrizo vegan sausage to the frying pan and continue to cook until the Soyrizo is browned.
8. Drain the beans into a colander.
9. Place beans back into the pot and add the cans of diced and crushed tomatoes.
10. Add the Soyrizo and veggies and the remaining vinegar to the pot and mix it well.
11. Add salt to taste.
12. Turn stove to a medium heat and bring chili to a boil till it bubbles.
13. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes or longer, stirring occasionally to keep the chili from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
14. Serve Four Beans Chili with corn bread, tortilla or corn chips.