- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
32 Calorie Apricot Pinwheels Recipe
|Apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||10 Tablespoon, softened|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar substitute||1⁄8 Tablespoon (To Equal 4 Tablespoon Sugar)|
|Cold water||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.2%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g97%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.6 mg26.9%
Sodium 61.8 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 9 g17.9%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour and baking powder into mixing bowl.
3. Beat butter or margarine, brown sugar, sugar substitute and water until well blended; add to flour mixture. Blend with fork until mixture forms a ball.
4. Place dough on wax paper; flatten slightly. Wrap in the wax paper; chill in freezer 20 minutes.
5. Roll out dough on a floured surface to form 24x10-inch rectangle. Spread drained apricots over dough. Roll up dough from the longer side to form a 24-inch long roll; cut in half. Wrap each roll in wax paper. Chill 3 hours or overnight.
6. Cut rolls into 3/8-inch-thick slices. Place on nonstick cooky sheets.
7. Bake in a moderate oven (375°) for 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on paper toweling.