- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
3 Way Gold Cake Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Mint jelly/Raspberry jam||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Confectioners' sugar||To Taste (as required)|
|Pink frosting||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4397 Calories from Fat 1337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 151 g232.2%
Saturated Fat 79.4 g396.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2300.5 mg766.8%
Sodium 1542 mg64.2%
Total Carbohydrates 711 g236.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.5%
Sugars 451.3 g
Protein 60 g120.5%
Vitamin A 108.5% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 128.3% Iron 160.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with salt until thickened.
3) Gradually beat in sugar, until the mixture is thick and puffy.
4) Stir in the hot milk and blend thoroughly.
5) In a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together.
6) Stir into the egg mixture along with the lemon extract, vanilla and butter.
7) In a greased 9x13x2 inch or 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x l inch baking pan, turn the mixture.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
9) Remove the cake from pan, cool and slice in 1/3 and wrap separately for freezer.
10) Frost one cake section in dainty pink and slice into small diamond shapes.
11) Slice the second cake section horizontally, spread with mint jelly or raspberry jam in between the two layers and sprinkle with the confectioners sugar on top.
13) Slice the third cake section in fingers.
14) Place the cake sections on a platter and serve the cake fingers with fruit compote .