- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
24 Hour Salad Recipe
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Pineapple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned pitted white cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
|Drained canned pineapple tidbits||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange segments||2 Can (20 oz), drained|
|Miniature marshmallows||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
Calories 649 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.1%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.7 mg
Sodium 96.9 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g39.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 91.1 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In top of double boiler combine egg yolks, sugar, vinegar, pineapple syrup, butter and salt and cook over hot, not boiling water, till thick, stirring constantly.
2. Let it cool and stir in cherries, pineapple tidbits, orange pieces and marshmallows.
3. Fold in whipped cream and spoon gently into serving bowl.
4. Chill 24 hours in fridge to let the flavors to blend.
5. Trim salad with orange sections, maraschino cherries and green grapes and serve.