- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
20 Minute Pesto Pasta Recipe Video
|Fresh basil||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly grated|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon ((to taste))|
|Pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon ((to taste))|
|Pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked as directed|
Calories 746 Calories from Fat 404
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.9%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 891.3 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 23 g45.1%
Vitamin A 54.8% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 41.3% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, boil water and cook pasta as directed.
2. In a blender or food processor, take chopped basil, garlic, cheese, walnuts and olive oil; process until a smooth paste is formed.
3. When the pasta is cooked, drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl.
4. Add the basil pesto and mix well.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.