- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
129 Cal Pumpkin Fettuccine Recipe Video
|Tofu shirataki||1 Bag (1 kg) (House Foods, Fettuccine Shaped Noodle Substitute)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (The Laughing Cow, Light Original Swiss)|
|Light plain soymilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs), canned|
|Fat-free chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Reduced-fat parmesan-style topping||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (add more as per taste if desired)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (use as per taste) (Optional)|
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.2 mg
Sodium 1053.3 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 14 g28.8%
Vitamin A 52.8% Vitamin C 14.4%
Calcium 59.1% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse and drain Shirataki noodles well.
2. Pat dry, place in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
3. Drain excess liquid from noodles and pat them until thoroughly dry.
4. Cut noodles up a bit using a knife or kitchen shears and then set aside.
To make the pumpkin sauce :
5. In a separate dish, mix well combining soymilk, pumpkin, garlic powder, salt and pepper and set aside.
6. Bring a small saucepan to high heat.
7. Add chicken broth, onions, chopped garlic and the cheese wedge half.
8. Stirring occasionally to break up the cheese cook until broth has mostly evaporated (2 - 4 minutes).
9. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for just a minute or so until onions and garlic begin to brown.
10. Add the pumpkin mixture and stir until sauce is thoroughly blended and hot.
11. Add the sauce to your noodles and stir well.
12. If desired season to taste with more salt and pepper, top with the parm-style topping and serve.