- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
10 lbs in 1 week Cabbage Soup Diet AKA Wonder Soup Recipe Video
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|White onions/Yellow onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Green bell pepper||1 , seeded, diced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 can with basil, oregano, garlic)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1039.9 mg43.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 131.1% Vitamin C 117.4%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add celery, onions, bell peppers, and carrots. Saute until slightly tender.
3. Stir in garlic. Pour in chicken broth.
4. Put canned tomatoes and cabbage.
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cook until cabbage is tender.
6. Stir in oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt (if using)
7. Taste broth and adjust seasoning if needed.
8. In a serving bowl, serve the soup garnished with celery leaves.