- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Recipe Video
|Rice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cleaned, washed|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (or more)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.56 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 82.1 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 2.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, put rice and 2 1/3 cups of water.
2. Heat it on medium high and bring it to boil.
3. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or till the water evaporates.
4. Remove the cover; fluff the rice using a fork or spoon to mix the rice.
5. Pour more water if required; reduce the heat to medium low, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes of the rice is cooked and fluff it up with spoon or fork.
7. Check if the rice is cooked, if it is dry add more water and 1 tablespoon of oil (optional) and continue cooking for 10 more minutes or till the rice is cooked.
8. In a serving plate, serve the rice with choice of main dish.