Preparation time: 30 min |
Eggs - 2
Egg yolks - 2
Sugar - 12 Tablespoon , divided
Mascarpone cheese - 16 Ounce , softened
Heavy whipping cream - 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Salt - 1 Pinch
Marsala wine - 10 Tablespoon , divided
Espresso - 2 Cup (32 tbs) (or strong coffee)
Italian lady finger - 42
Semisweet chocolate - 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) , grated
1. Place 2 eggs and 2 whole egg yolks in an electric mixer bowl and add 8 Tablespoons of sugar. With whisk attachment, beat until the mixture forms a good ribbon. It should increase in volume about 4 times and have soft peaks. Once the correct consistency is achieved, whisk in the Mascarpone cheese.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the cream along with 2 Tablespoons sugar and a pinch of salt.
3. Once hard peaks form, add the whipped cream to the egg and Mascarpone mixture and beat until smooth, adding 2 Tablespoons of Marsala to the mixture. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, pour the espresso, 2 Tablespoons sugar and 8 Tablespoons Marsala.
5. To assemble: One at a time, quickly dip each Lady Finger in the espresso mixture and then place on the bottom of a 9 x 13" baking dish. Continue until you have an entire layer of Lady Fingers on the bottom of the pan.
6. Using a spatula spread half of the Mascarpone cream over the Lady Fingers. Repeat the process to make a second layer. This should fill the pan. Grate the chocolate over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 hours or overnight.
7. Serve Tiramisu with your favorite fruits and enjoy!