Chocolate Chip Tiramisu Cheesecake
Preparation time: 20 min |
Cooking time: 70 min |
Ladyfingers - 7 Ounce , ground (Italian style)
Unsalted butter - 6 Tablespoon
Espresso - 1 Tablespoon
Cream cheese - 24 Ounce
Mascarpone cheese - 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Granulated sugar - 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Vanilla extract - 1 Teaspoon
Salt - 1⁄4 Teaspoon
Egg - 3
Mini chocolate chips - 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Mini chocolate chips - 3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Cover the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with foil and spray the pan with cooking spray.
3. Using a food processor, grind the ladyfingers, add butter and espresso, pulse for another few seconds.
4. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press well in the bottom using clean hands. Place the pan inside oven to bake at 350F for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
5. Lower the oven temperature to 325F.
6. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on high speed for about 2 minutes until it turns fluffy. Slowly beat in the sugar at high speed until incorporated. Add mascarpone, vanilla and salt.
7. Add the eggs, one at a time, beat after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips( 1/2 cup).
8. Set the springform pan in the roasting pan. Pour the prepared mixture into the baked crust, place the roasting pan in the oven.
9. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
10. Bake at 325F for about 1 hour. Allow to cool in the water bath for 15 minutes, transfer to a rack and allow to cool completely. Refrigerate for 6 hours or up to 2 days.
11. In a small heatproof bowl, melt chocolate chips (3/4 cup) in the microwave at low, stirring until smooth.
12. Pour the melted chocolate to a plastic bag, snip a hole in the corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the cake.
13. Use a hot, wet knife to slice the cheesecake. Keep refrigerated.
14. Served chilled.