Preparation time: 35 min |
Cooking time: 15 min |
Semolina- 1 lb.
Butter or Margarine- 1 lb. or - ghee is preferred
Sugar- 1/2 lb.
Baking Powder- 1/2 teaspoonful
Cardamoms- 3 whole, crushed
Almonds- as desired, finely sliced
1) Lightly grease a baking tray.
2) In a pan, heat the ghee to smoking point, stir in cardamom.
3) Take the pan away from heat and allow to cool.
4) Mix in sugar and eggs and beat vigorously until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is whitish.
5) Stir in the baking powder and mix well.
6) Fold in semolina to make a soft dough.
7) Make I-inch balls of the dough and flatten each to a round flat shape (about 2 inches.
8) Arrange these on a baking tray.
9) Bake in a slow oven till well risen and light golden in colour.
10) Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
11) Serve as desired, preferably with t