Ruthie's Hearty Veal Stew
Preparation time: 10 min |
Cooking time: 30 min |
Veal heart - 1 large
Veal neck bones - 1 pound
Onion - 1 medium
Carrots - 2
Potatoes - 2
Yam - 1
Bay leaf - 1/2
Oregano, marjoram, thyme, pepper
Brewer's yeast - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 1 tablespoon
1) Clean potatoes and yam.
2) Peel carrots and slice in quarter.
3) Rinse heart with water and pat dry.
4) Using poultry utility scissors cut into stew size pieces.
5) Peel and dice onion.
6) In a skillet heat oil and saute onion in it.
7) Add meat and brown on all sides.
8) Stir in water and cover.
9) Add seasonings and mix.
10) Bring to a boil and simmer for about 2 hours.
11) Mix vegetables and simmer for 1 hour or more until everything is tender.
12) Add yeast to thicken gravy.
13) Serve hot.