Veal Bavarian Style
Preparation time: 20 min |
Cooking time: 130 min |
Veal (breast, shoulder, riblets) - 1 1/2 lb., diced
Onion - 1, chopped
Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
Stock - 1 cup
Flour - 1 tablespoon
Butter - 2 tablespoons
Carrot - 1, chopped
Asparagus - 1 lb., washed and scraped
Parsley - 1/2 tablespoon, chopped
Salt - To taste
Pepper - To taste
1) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
2) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3) In a frying pan, heat butter.
4) In the hot butter, quickly brown the onion, carrot, parsley and the diced meat.
5) To the soaked Romertopf, transfer the fried vegetables and meat.
6) Add salt, pepper and lemon juice.
7) In a small bowl, combine the flour and stock.
8) Over the meat, pour this mixture.
9) In the hot oven, cook covered for about two hours.
10) Meanwhile, in a pan, boil the asparagus.
11) From the oven, remove the Romertopf and to this, add the boiled asparagus.
12) Adjust the seasonings to taste.
13) Finally, stir in a little butter.
14) Transfer the veal and vegetables to individual serving dishes and serve hot, with rice.