Citrus Marinated Carrots
Preparation time: 5 min |
Cooking time: 15 min |
Carrots - 1 pound
Onion - 1 no, thinly sliced rings
Vinegar - 3 cups
Orange Juice - 1 no, fresh
Lemon Juice - 1 no, fresh
Lime Juice - 1 no, fresh
Low-Sodium Soy Sauce - 1 tablespoon
Sesame Oil - 2 teaspoons
Black Peppercorns - 1/2 teaspoon
1) Slice the carrots into 3-inch long sticks.
2) In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the carrots till they turn crisp yet slightly tender.
3) Drain the carrots and put into a large glass jar.
4) In a bowl, mix vinegar, orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, soy sauce oil, and peppercorns.
5) Add the dressing into the glass jar. Shake well.
6) Let the jar refrigerate covered for a minimum of four hours.
7) Drain the liquid from the Citrus Marinated Carrots and serve chilled.