Preparation time: 10 min |
Cooking time: 10 min |
Ladyfingers (sponge cakes) - 1 package
Strong black coffee or espresso - 1/2 cup
Coffee liqueur (kahlua) - 2 ounces (shots)
Mascarpone cheese (available in specialty cheese aisle) - 2 cups
Confectioners' sugar - 1/2 cup, powdered
Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
Cinnamon - 1/4 teaspoon, ground
1. Open the ladyfingers, separate them and using pastry brush paint them with coffee combined with the coffee liqueur.
2. With a single layer of ladyfingers line 4 martini glasses, letting the cakes overlap a bit at the stem.
3. Fit the lines of the glass by pressing the cakes down.
4. In a bowl or container beat the Mascarpone and sugar together for 2 or 3 minutes and spoon the mixture into the glasses.
5. With a cap of coffee and liqueur-soaked ladyfingers top the glasses off.
6. With cocoa powder combined with a touch of cinnamon dust each completed dessert and serve.