Poached Fish In Orange Pineapple Sauce
Preparation time: 10 min |
Cooking time: 15 min |
1 cup orange-pineapple or orange juice
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
4 ounces halibut or perch steaks (about 4 ounces each)
2 large carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced or 4 small clusters of green grapes (optional)
1) In a large nonstick skillet, over moderate heat, bring orange-pineapple juice, orange zest, mustard, and tarragon to a boil.
2) Add in fish steaks and poach, covered for about 10 minutes until the fish crumbles easily when tested with a fork.
3) To a large platter, transfer the fish steaks and keep warm by covering with aluminum foil.
4) To the skillet, return the cooking liquid after straining.
5) Stir in carrot strips and simmer for about 3 minutes until carrot strips are tender-crisp.
6) Take a small bowl and mix together 2 tablespoons water with cornstarch until smooth.
7) Thicken the cooking liquid by mixing in the cornstarch mixture and stir cooking for about 2 minutes.
8) Add seasonings and then simmer again for about 1 minute.
9) Pour the sauce over the fish.
10) Serve hot garnished with the kiwi slices or grapes, if wished.