Pork A La Crème
Preparation time: 20 min |
Cooking time: 20 min |
100g unsalted butter
450g pork fillet, trimmed of sinew and cut into bite-size pieces
1 large onion, finely chopped
100g button mushrooms, sliced
Good pinch dried oregano or Herbes de Provence, or to taste
1/2 a 75cl bottle dry white wine
200g tub soft cheese
1) In large frying pan, saute the pork for 6-7 minutes in the melted butter, then remove from the pan and keep aside.
2) Saute the onion until brown, stir in the mushrooms, herbs and wine. Allow to boil, until reduced by half.
3) In a bowl, mix and soften the soft cheese. Stir in a little reduced cooking liquor and blend into a creamy sauce.
4) Return to the pan, stir in the sauteed pork and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Serve immediately with steamed new potatoes and a green salad.