Cognac Flavored Tiramisu
Preparation time: 10 min |
Cooking time: 30 min |
Ladyfingers - 40
Cold brewed espresso - 1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed To Soak Ladyfingers)
Egg whites - 3
Egg yolks - 6
Sugar - 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Cognac - 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Mascarpone - 1 Pound
Powdered cocoa - 1 Tablespoon
1. Take a shallow dish, place ladyfingers. Add cold espresso enough to soak ladyfingers to moisten.
2. Take a 1.5 quart bowl, arrange few ladyfingers as a single layer to its bottom and sides and keep aside.
3. Take another bowl, add egg whites and whisk till stiff peaks appear and keep aside.
4. Take a bow, add egg yolks and sugar and using an electric mixture, beat to a light consistency.
5. Slowly add mascarpone and cognac and beat to a fluffy light mixture.
6. Fold in egg whites.
7. Add 1/3rd of the mixture to the bowl lined with ladyfingers, top with few more ladyfingers. Continue the process till all the ladyfingers and cheese mixture are used up.
8. Top with cocoa, and refrigerate, covered, till served.
9. Serve in shallow bowls.