Almond Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce
Preparation time: 10 min |
Cooking time: 30 min |
1 cup Atkins Quick Quisine Bake Mix
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon satt
2 1/2 tablespoons granular sugar substitute
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, divided
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups unsweetened soymilk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 (1-ounce) Atkins Endulge
Chocolate Candy Bars, broken in small pieces
1. Combine bake mix, baking powder, salt, sugar substitute, and 1/4 cup of the almonds in a bowl; make a well in the center.
2. Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl; whisk in vanilla and almond extract, soymilk, and butter. Pour into well and mix until smooth. Let batter stand 5 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 200°F. Heat a nonstick skillet or seasoned griddle over medium-high heat; lightly coat with cooking spray. Pour on 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until edges are dry and the top is bubbling, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until browned, 1 minute longer. Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat until all batter is used.
4. Put 1/4 cup of the cream in a 1-cup microwavable glass bowl and microwave on high 40 seconds. Add the candy bar pieces. Let stand for 30 seconds, then stir until melted. If pieces do not melt completely, microwave on low 20 seconds longer.
5. Whip remaining 1/4 cup cream. To serve, top pancakes with whipped cream; drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with remaining Va cup almonds.