Best Ever Tiramisu
Preparation time: 40 min |
568ml pot double cream
250 g tub mascarpone
75 ml/2 1/2 fl oz Marsala
5 tbsp golden caster sugar
300 ml/1/2pt strong coffee, made with 2 tbsp coffee granules and 300 ml boiling water
175 g pack sponge fingers
25 g/1 oz chunk dark chocolate
2 tsp cocoa powder
1) Take a large bowl. Add in the cream, mascarpone, Marsala and sugar.
2) Using a hand blender, whisk the cream and mascarpone to make a nicely thick whipped cream.
3) In a shallow dish, Add in the coffee and dip in a few sponge fingers at a time. Stir for a few seconds until they are nicely soaked, but not drippy and soggy.
4) Take a serving dish. Layer this mixture into the dish until you have used half the biscuits. Then spread half of the whipped cream over it.
5) Take a grater. Use the coarser side of the grater and grate most of the chocolate over the creamy layer.
6) Repeat the process and make some more layers till you have used up all the coffee. Finish the dish by topping the layer
7) Cover the dish and chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. You can store the Tiramisu in the fridge for up to 2 days.
8) Dust a little cocoa powder and grate the remaining chocolate and serve in individual plates.