Preparation time: 30 min |
Cooking time: 45 min |
Dried lentils - 1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Onion - 1 Medium , sliced
Salt - 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Bay leaf - 1
Celery - 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped
Chopped dill pickle - 3 Tablespoon
Sliced green onion - 2 Tablespoon
Italian salad dressing - 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Lettuce - 4
Snipped parsley - 1 Tablespoon
Tomato wedges - 2
1. In large saucepan, cover the lentils with water.
2. Add onion, salt, and bay leaf.
3. Simmer covered, on a medium flame for 45 minutes until lentils are tender.
4. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
5. Drain in a colander and cool lentils
6. Turn into a bowl and keep aside until required.
7. Combine cooked lentils with celery, pickle, and green onion.
8. Pour the Italian salad dressing into the bowl.
9. Toss everything to mix well.
10. Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
11. Place lettuce on plates.
12. Heap salad on the lettuce.
13. Garnish with snipped parsley and tomato wedges.