Feta cheese is a type of fresh and unripe cheese that is mostly made up of cow’s, goat’s and sheep’s milk. Apart from knowing how to make feta cheese, it is also very important that you know how to store feta cheese. So, we bring to you the easy and simple process of how to store feta cheese. Proper storing arrangements will avoid drying out of the feta cheese.
How to Store Feta Cheese
1. First and foremost, you have to put the fresh feta cheese in an air tight container or jar. Always make sure that the container is sealed properly.
2. After that, you will have to add some accompanying liquid such as brine on the top of the container with feta cheese. After adding brine in the container, close the lid firmly.
3. Then, put the tightly sealed container with feta cheese inside the refrigerator.
4. Although, it is always suggested that feta cheese should be consumed within two to three days, you can keep it fresh for a little longer by following these instructions. So, it is advisable that you store feta cheese properly in the refrigerator.
5. You can also coat the feta cheese with olive oil, so that it can be stored for a longer period of time.
Tips and Warnings on How to Store Feta Cheese
While putting the cheese into a container, always make sure that you are using a glass container instead of plastic. Plastic containers can transfer odors to the cheese.
So, just follow the above mentioned steps and tips on how to store feta cheese, and keep the cheese fresh for a longer period of time.
Image Credit @ Google.com