- » Yellow Split Pea
Yellow Split Pea Recipes
Enjoy our collection of yellow split pea recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for yellow split pea recipes.
Puree Of Yellow Split Peas
1. In a saucepan, add the bacon.
2. Cook the bacon over moderate heat for about 3 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the fat comes out.
3. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Keep aside.
4. In the same... - 46.1603
Rice With Yellow Split Peas
Soak split peas in 1 1/2 cups cold water and leave for an hour, then drain.
Bring 3 cups of water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil.
When the water is boiling rapidly, drain the split peas and put them in.
Boil rapidly for 6 to 7 minutes, and drain.
In a 4-quart... - 40.3181
Yellow Split Peas With Tomatoes
1. Bring the water and peas to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; skim off any foam that floats to the surface. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the peas are tender, about 25 minutes. Do not drain; the peas should be a... - 34.6528
Yellow Split Peas
Wash peas until water runs clear and place in pan with water, salt, pepper, turmeric.
Bring to boil over low heat and cook until tender.
Add more water if peas go dry, but do not make it too thin.
Saute sliced onion, chopped green pepper and minced garlic in... - 29.2663
You May Also Like!
Yellow Split Pea Soup
Heat water and peas to boiling in Dutch oven; boil 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour.
Add salt pork, onions, marjoram and pepper.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 1 hour.
Skim fat if necessary.
Add carrots and celery.
Heat... - 38.6767
Yellow Split Pea Spread
In a bowl, stir together cooked split peas, butter or margarine, salt, ginger, turmeric and cayenne. Add remaining ingredients ad bled to paste.
Chill before using. - 28.3854
Fava Middle Eastern Yellow Split Peas
1. In a mesh colander rinse the yellow split pease.
2. In a heavy pot add water and place please. Cover with 3 inches of water.
3. Simmer for an till the peas are tender. Add water if needed so that the mixture does not stick.
4. In a large skillet add... - 44.6036
Yellow Split Pea Dal
Rinse and drain split peas. Combine with water in a 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer covered for about 45 minutes or until peas are soft and have reached the consistency of mashed potatoes.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer... - 27.0067
Curried Yellow Split Pea Soup
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes, or until tender.
Add the curry powder and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
Stir in the water and split peas and bring to... - 40.5498
French Canadian Yellow Split Pea Soup
Cool weather means you need a hearty filling soup from Canada's north country... and this French Canadian Yellow Split Pea Soup hits the spot. - 109.432
Split Yellow Pea Soup
Heat bacon fat in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes.
Stir in celery and carrot; cover and cook 4 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Stir in drained soaked peas. Add chicken stock and all seasonings including bay leaf. Add ham;... - 33.031
Yellow Split Pea Fritters
Baya Kyaw is Indian in origin and is a popular street food in Yangon, eaten as a snack throughout the day. This recipe is my sister’s version and works particularly well as a starter, simply served with a dip or my personal favourite, eaten like falafel,... - 39.0109
Pumpkin And Yellow Split Pea Soup
1. In a large pot, melt the butter. Add the red onion, garlic and chili and cook over moderately high heat until the onion is softened, 4 minutes. Add the cumin and cayenne and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the split peas and the water, then whisk... - 30.0229
Yellow Split Pea Dip With Raw Vegetables
Drain the soaked split peas and put into a saucepan with fresh cold water.
Add the bicarbonate of soda -no more than 1/16th of a teaspoon - and bring to the boil.
Drain and rinse them.
Cover again with cold water and bring to the boil.
Add the onion and 4... - 46.2418