- » Yeast Starter
Yeast Starter Recipes
Enjoy our collection of yeast starter recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for yeast starter recipes.
1. Wash and dry a 300ml or ½ pint soda bottle.
2. In a saucepan, combine water, malt extract, sugar and citric acid.
3. Place the pan on a medium flame and bring to a boil.
4. Take pan off the heat and cool slightly before pouring it... - 36.6962
Liquid Starter Or Potato Yeast
1.In a boiler, pour 4 cups of water and cook potatoes in it
2.Take a strainer and put the potatoes through a coarse sieve into a bowl, cool to lukewarm
3.In a bowl, pour water and soften the yeast in it
4.Also beat in the remaining ingredients
5.Cover... - 36.6036
Bread Yeast Starter
Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, salt and undissolved yeast in a bowl.
Add 2 1/2 cups warm water gradually and beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
Cover and let stand at room temperature for 4 days,... - 25.9451
Potato Yeast Rolls
Soften yeast in very warm water; set aside.
Pour boiling hot milk into large mixing bowl over shortening, sugar and salt.
Stir until shortening melts.
Stir in potatoes and eggs; cool to lukewarm.
Stir in yeast; then half the flour.
Beat until batter is smooth... - 45.2925
Sourdough Bread With Yeast
1. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a large bowl. ("Very warm water" should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist.) Then stir in starter, sugar and salt.
2. Beat in 2 cups of the flour until smooth. Beat in enough of the remaining flour to make a... - 42.8051
You May Also Like!
This Sourdough starter is amazing! The Sourdough bread made with this sourdough starter feels so soft and tastes incredible! Don't believe me? Try out and tell me if you agree with me ! - 27.8937
Soften yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
Stir in flour, 2 cups warm water, and sugar.
Beat till smooth.
Cover with cheesecloth; let stand at room temperature till bubbly, 5 to 10 days, stirring 2 or 3 times a day.
Store Starter, covered, in the refrigerator.
To... - 25.7888
1. Mix all ingredients in a crock or glass container. DO NOT USE METAL. Leave overnight at room temperature.
2. In the morning, add 1 cup flour and enough water to make a thick batter.
3. Repeat second step for 2 or 3 days.
4. Allow the starter to sit for 1... - 26.8909
In mixing bowl soften yeast in warm water.
Blend in 1 cup Starter, 2 1/2 cups of the flour, sugar, and 2 teaspoons salt.
Mix 2 1/2 cups of the flour and the soda; stir into flour-yeast mixture.
Stir in enough remaining flour to make a stiff... - 37.3206
For all those who love to whip up something very different as party starter, this Sourdough Starter is gonna be a favorite. Very simple and made using very less ingredients, this Sourdough Starter serves as a great appetizer for any get-togethers! - 29.5002
1. In large glass or ceramic bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and honey; stir to dissolve. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Gradually stir in flour. Cover bowl with clean kitchen towel and let stand in warm place (80° to 85°F) until starter stops... - 24.034
The sourdough starter is a natural leaven that can be made in many different ways... this recipe has been tested by Giallozafferano. - 123.599
Quick And Easy Sourdough Starter
Dissolve yeast in warm water, using a stoneware crock or jar.
Add sugar, then flour slowly, mixing well.
Cover loosely and set in a warm place; let ferment for 48 hours.
Use a closed glass jar to store in refrigerator for future use. - 19.6667
1) In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, set aside.
2) In a pot, cook potatoes 3 cups of water until tender.
3) Pour off the cooking liquid, reserving 2 cups of liquid.
4) Allow to cool the potato liquid to lukewarm.
5) Stir in the yeast,... - 39.4322
In glass or crockery container, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup lukewarm water.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well with a wooden or plastic spoon until smooth.
Cover with a towel and let stand for 3 to 5 days at room temperature.
Stir 2 or 3 times daily.
To... - 25.5661
Dissolve yeast in the warm water.
Add next 4 ingredients.
Then add enough potato water to make a creamy batter (about 2 cups).
Put in a stone crock or bowl, cover and let stand in a warm place for 2 to 3 days to ferment.
It will become bubbly and have a sour... - 33.3095
Yeast Starter Recipes By Category
Yeast Starter Ingredient: