- » Yeast
Yeast belongs to the fungus kingdom. It is a single celled organism that is responsible for fermentation i.e. converting sugars and starch into CO2 and alcohol. For over thousands of years, this magical ingredient ... More »
Homemade Yeast Free Pan Pizza
If you're looking for a different way of making pizza, then you must try this recipe. Chef Madhura shows how to make pizza in a pan, in case you don't have an oven. It tastes so crispy and yummy. I'm sure your family and guests will love it. - 122.115
Freshly Baked White Yeast Bread - Part 1, Making The Dough
Tasty and versatile, there's nothing quite like freshly baked white bread. In this video, Betty shares with her viewers how to make fresh baked white bread. A great recipe for beginners, this easy and sumptuous recipe is a real delight. Stream the video... - 110.538
Freshly Baked White Yeast Bread - Part 2, Baking The Dough
Homemade breads are the ultimate comfort food. Betty's version of this tasty yeasty delight is a pleasure to bake and eat. Follow this simple step-by-step method for a homemade loaf. It's so simple and quick that you are likely to be hooked to it for good. - 106.607
Yeast Spoon Rolls
If you have forever wanted to make tasty yeast rolls just like the way your mum or grandma made, here's your turn to master the art of making yummy yeasty spoon rolls. Betty's version of these homemade rolls is so easy, elegant, and sumptuous that you really... - 104.201
#1081 How To Make Natural Yeast
Would you like to make your own yeast at home? Then take your cues from this recipe presented in the video. Natural yeasts tastes slightly different from store-bought ones, nevertheless, makes for a delicious addition to your regular bread recipes. Try it to... - 82.9697
Easy Natural Yeast Bread
Nothing could be more easy and rewarding than learning how to make your own yeast dough treats at home. In this video, Sarah shows you how to bake irresistible natural yeast bread at home. Soft, steamy and slightly sticky, natural yeast breads makes for a... - 69.6104
Cornbread Yeast Rising
1) In a bowl, add the yeast in lukewarm water to dissolve.
2) Let stand for 10 minutes.
3) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4) In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, oat and soy flours, powdered skim milk and sea salt.
5) To this, add honey,... - 48.4248
Chocolate Yeast Bread
In a mixing bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups flour, cocoa, sugar, yeast, salt and baking soda.
In a saucepan, heat the water, milk, chocolate chips and butter; stir until chocolate is melted.
Cool to 120°-130°.
Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed for 2... - 47.1037
Oatmeal Herb Yeast Bread
1.Preheat the oven to 375F.
2.Oil 9 x 5 inch baking pan and keep aside.
3.Take a mixer bowl and put oil, brown sugar, milk, salt, basil, caraway seeds, tarragon leaves and yeast in it and mix.
4.Allow the mixture to settle for 5... - 46.1983
Large Chocolate Layer Yeast Cake
Sift flour and salt together.
Cream sugar and butter, beating until light and fluffy.
Add egg yolks, beat well.
Add melted chocolate, milk, and yeast (which has been mixed in lukewarm water).
Add flour and salt.
Blend ingredients thoroughly, then fold in... - 45.8633
Yeast Fruit Dumplings
1) Add yeast and a pinch of sugar over the lukewarm water (110Â° to 115Â°).
2) Allow the mixture to stand for 2 or 3 minutes and then dissolve the yeast by stirring well.
3) Place the container in a warm, draft-free place for 2 or 3 minutes, such... - 45.4896
Yeast Plum Squares
1 To make the sponge: In a medium bowl, crumble the yeast over the milk.
2 Let stand for 3 minutes.
3 Add the flour and sugar and whisk until smooth.
4 Cover tightly with a plastic wrap.
5 Let stand in a warm place until bubbly and... - 45.402
Cornmeal Yeast Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, with warm water dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar.
3. In a small saucepan, combine whisking milk, butter, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and salt over medium heat until butter melts and... - 45.3275
Yeast Corn Bread
Yeast corn bread is a very well browned tasty bread. Often served as snack or side dish. This read is very soft and easy to slice. Enjoy yeast corn bread!!! - 45.2548
Fried Yeast Biscuits
1. Into a small bowl pour the lukewarm water and add the yeast and 1 teaspoon of the sugar, rest for 2 or 3 minutes and then mix well.
2. Set in a warm, draft-free place such as an unlighted oven for about 10 minutes, until the yeast bubbles up... - 45.2227
1 For the sponge: In a medium bowl, crumble the yeast into the milk and add the sugar.
2 Let stand for 3 minutes.
3 Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
4 Cover with a plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place until bubbly and doubled... - 43.8449
Ground Beef Yeast Knishes
Ground Beef Yeast Knishes is a mouth watering recipe. Try this Ground Beef Yeast Knishes; I am sure you will get a lot of compliments for this one! - 43.2595
Zucchini Yeast Bread
Over medium heat, warm the water, orange juice, or soybean milk.
Add oil and honey.
Dissolve yeast in the 2 tablespoons warm water.
Let sit 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the oil mixture and the yeast.
Blend together flours, wheat germ, orange rind,... - 42.507
Rich Chocolate Yeast Bread
In small saucepan, heat milk and water until warm (105 to 115°F.).
Dissolve yeast in liquid.
Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, cocoa and salt; blend well.
Add warm liquid, eggs, melted margarine,... - 42.3652
German Yeast Crown
1 Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast, lemon peel, and aniseeds in mixing bowl.
2 Heat milk, butter, sugar, and salt to hot (120°-130°F). Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Mix thoroughly.
3 Add eggs, raisins, and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
4... - 42.3399
Fish In Yeast Batter
1. Wash the fish fillets and pat dry on paper toweling.
2. Using a sharp knife cut away the dark skin underneath, holding the fish from the tail end with salted fingers.
3. Slice the fillets into strips, removing the bones Set aside until ready... - 42.2022
Iced Ring (with Yeast)
This gorgeous iced-ring is a wonderful decorative partner to go with ant crust. Try it out and surprise your dear ones on a special day. - 42.0706
Easy Poppy Seed Yeast Bread
Easy Poppy Seed Yeast Bread has a fine taste. Easy Poppy Seed Yeast Bread gets its taste from four mixed with eggs and poppy seeds. Easy Poppy Seed Yeast Bread is cherished by many people. - 41.9204
Swiss Yeast Cake
Cream the yeast with the water.
Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl.
Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre.
Pour in the milk, butter, egg yolks and the yeast liquid.
With one hand or a spatula, draw the flour into the liquid and beat until the... - 41.5678
Raisin Yeast Cake
Mix yeast, water, and 1 teaspoon honey together and let stand for 15 minutes.
Mix flour and salt together; stir into the yeast mixture.
Cover the bowl with a towel, leave in a warm place (80°) for 1 1/2 hours to rise.
Stir into the dough the additional... - 41.3872
Cornmeal Yeast Rolls
Scald milk, cool to 105Â° to 115Â°.
Combine cornmeal and 1 cup boiling water in a large mixing bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water in medium mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
Add scalded milk, butter, sugar, egg yolks, and... - 41.1349
Yeast Doughnuts Drop Batter
1) In a little warm water, add the yeast to soften.
2) In a large bowl, add the milk, honey, nutmeg, stir in half the flour, beat inthe eggs and softened yeast, the remaining flour and blend well until... - 40.8626
Quick And Easy Yeast Rolls
1) In a 2 1/2-quart bowl dissolve yeast in water.
2) Grease square 9-inch pan.
3) Preheat oven hot to 425Â°.
4) Mix sugar, oil, salt and egg.
5) Mix to dissolve sugar and salt.
6) Add 1-cup flour and stir until smooth.
7) Warp with a... - 40.5605
Easy Yeast Rolls
Combine 1 cup hot water, shortening, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl, stir until shortening melts.
Cool the mixture until lukewarm (105Â° to 115Â°).
Dissolve yeast in 2 tablespoons warm water, add to shortening mixture, stirring well.
Add egg and 1... - 40.3866
Zucchini Yeast Rolls
Combine squash, sugar, salt, and shortening with milk; heat to lukewarm.
Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water and add to milk mixture.
Add flour and mix well.
Dough will be soft.
Let rise until double in bulk.
Knead and shape into rolis and let rise again.
Bake... - 39.851
Plain Yeast Rolls
Heat milk as described under Mixing, Kneading, and Raising add butter cut into pieces, sugar, and salt.
Stir until lukewarm.
Sprinkle or crumble yeast into water.
Use very warm water (105°F to 115°F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F to 90°F.) for... - 39.719
Yeast Cinnamon Loaves
Grease two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
Combine muffin mix, contents of crumb topping from Mix, flour and yeast in large bowl; set aside.
Combine contents of swirl packet from Mix, eggs, 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup hot water in medium bowl.
Add... - 39.6304
White Yeast Bread
This White Yeast Bread makes a delicious meal. Try this out with some salad greens and let me know if you like it . Your suggestions for this White Yeast Bread are welcome ! - 39.5852
Yeast Corn Bread
Stir the cornmeal into boiling water in a saucepan and cook, stirring, for several minutes or until consistency of mush.
Remove from heat.
Add the molasses, sugar, lard and salt and cool.
Dissolve the yeast in warm water, then stir into cornmeal mixture.
Add... - 39.2443
Yeast Cookie Butterfingers
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
Dissolve yeast in water and add with egg yolks, to creamed mixture.
Gradually beat in flour, mixing thoroughly.
Chill dough for easier handling.
To form cookies, roll about 1 tablespoon dough into a finger shape.
Dip in... - 39.1475
Buttery Yeast Rolls
Mix butter, boiling water, salt, and sugar in a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
Cool to warm.
Soften yeast in the warm water.
Blend in the eggs and cold water.
Beat into warm mixture in large bowl.
Add 3 cups flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating vigorously... - 39.1279
Easy Yeast Crescent Rolls
Add butter and sugar to milk; stir until dissolved.
Cool to lukewarm.
Sprinkle in yeast; let soak for 5 minutes.
Combine flour and salt in mixing bowl; add yeast mixture, blending well.
Add eggs; cover.
Divide dough into 4 equal parts;... - 38.4689
Whole Wheat Yeast Biscuits
Dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
Combine whole wheat flour and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in margarine with a pastry blender until flour mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add yeast mixture and buttermilk to flour... - 38.1077
Orange Yeast Buns
Mash the yeast and water together to make a smooth paste.
Leave in a warm, draught-free place for 15 minutes or until frothy.
Meanwhile, scald the milk in a saucepan.
Remove from the heat and add the butter.
When the butter has melted, leave to cool to... - 37.8785
Soften yeast in 1/8-cup of the lukewarm liquid with honey, oil and salt.
Let it froth up for 10 minutes.
Add the rest of the liquid and all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Place in an oiled bowl and cover.
Let the mix- ture rise for 1 hour in a warm... - 37.7782
Plain Yeast Kuchen Dough
To make the dough, dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water.
In a bowl, combine the scalded milk, sugar replacement, margarine, butter, lemon peel, and salt; stir and cool to lukewarm.
When cooled, beat in the egg.
Stir in the yeast mixture.
Add enough flour to... - 37.443
Liquid Hop Yeast
Dissolve yeast cake in lukewarm water, in which 1/4 teaspoon sugar has been dissolved.
Add malt extract to boiling water.
Scrub potatoes (do not peel).
Cut into small pieces and add to boiling water.
Boil 10 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup sugar, mash, and... - 37.3246
Raisin Yeast Cookies
In a small bowl, soften yeast in water.
Combine flour, salt, and butter or margarine in Bosch bowl.
Blend until mixture has the appearance of cornmeal.
Add the yeast mixture, sour cream, egg yolks, and almond extract.
Blend until flour is moistened.
Remove... - 37.13
Sweet Yeast Dough
Combine milk, sugar, salt and shortening in saucepan.
Heat just until shortening is melted; cool until lukewarm.
Sprinkle the yeast into very warm water.
Put into large bowl.
Add lukewarm milk mixture, eggs & 2 cups flour.
Beat until smooth.
Add just enough... - 36.8952
Pizza Crust With Yeast
1) Into a large bowl, measure the water and crumble the yeast into it. Stir till smooth.
2) Add the olive oil and stir well.
3) Over the yeast mixture, sift the salt, pepper and flour.
4) Use a wooden spoon to blend properly.
5) Onto a lightly floured... - 36.8559
Fresh Yeast Bridge Rolls
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F, 230°C, Gas Mark 8,
2. Prepare the bread dough as for any other White Bread but remember to whisk the eggs into the milk before adding to the flour.
3. Shape the dough into small sausage shapes and set... - 36.7591
Quick Yeast Muffins
1. In a large pan of hot water, place the yeast and set aside to prove.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°
3. In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar and eggs and beat well
4. Add the yeast mixture and gradually blend in the flour to ensure a... - 36.6051
Oatmeal Yeast Bread
An easy to make healthy oatmeal yeast bread recipe. This recipe was given to my mother by one of her friends. She makes this bread very frequently, so that we all get a healthy diet. It is very nutritious. If you also wish to give your family a healthy... - 36.4792
White Yeast Bread
Combine milk, sugar and butter in a saucepan.
Cook until scalded.
Butter does not have to melt.
Set off and cool.
Put yeast in warm water and dissolve.
Combine all ingredients with egg.
Add flour and knead.
Let rise until double in size.
Knead again and let... - 36.3998
1. Wash and dry a 300ml or ½ pint soda bottle.
2. In a saucepan, combine water, malt extract, sugar and citric acid.
3. Place the pan on a medium flame and bring to a boil.
4. Take pan off the heat and cool slightly before pouring it... - 36.3833
Yeast Extract Gravy
This Yeast Extract Gravy adds subtle flavors to your dishes. Quick and easy to cook, keep Yeast Extract Gravy ready to whip up a dish in minutes. - 36.0979
Quick White Yeast Bread
1. Sprinkle the bread board lightly with flour. Grease 3 small loaf pans.
2. Soften the yeast in the lukewarm water and add the 1 teaspoon of sugar.
3. Combine the scalded milk with the salt and 1/3 cup sugar, and let it cool to lukewarm. When cooled, stir in... - 35.2406
Liquid Starter Or Potato Yeast
1.In a boiler, pour 4 cups of water and cook potatoes in it
2.Take a strainer and put the potatoes through a coarse sieve into a bowl, cool to lukewarm
3.In a bowl, pour water and soften the yeast in it
4.Also beat in the remaining ingredients
5.Cover... - 35.0082
Whole Grain Yeast Muffins
Start preparation the night before.
Soften cake or dried yeast in potato water.
Add egg, oil, nutritional yeast, honey, salt and milk.
Let mixture set for 10 minutes, until bubbly.
Gradually blend in flour.
Knead until smooth and elastic.
Place, in... - 34.829
Combine cake mix, egg white, yeast, and warm water in a mixing bowl.
Beat on low for 1 minute.
Continue beating on high 5 minutes more.
Batter will be very thick.
Grease and flour a 9 in. (23 cm) round cake pan.
Cut a piece of wax paper the size of the bottom... - 34.7922
Yeast Raised Whole Wheat Doughnuts
1. Sprinkle the yeast over 1/2 cup water and stir in the sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes, or until the yeast is bubbling actively.
2. Stir in the remaining water, the honey, oil, eggs, salt, and dry milk. Mix well. Stir in enough of the sifted flour to make a... - 34.5109
Sweet Yeast Dough
1. Combine milk, sugar, salt and shortening in saucepan. Heat just until shortening is melted; cool to lukewarm.
2. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a large bowl. ("Very warm water" should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist.) Add lukewarm milk... - 33.3186
Bisquick Yeast Rolls
Dissolve yeast in water.
Stir in sugar, shortening, and Bisquick; beat vigorously.
Turn dough onto surface well dusted with Bisquick.
Knead until smooth, about 20 times.
Shape as desired, into crescents, rolls, etc.
Place on lightly greased baking... - 32.9239
Yeast Rising Cornbread
Soften yeast in milk.
Let stand for 10 minutes.
Blend in other ingredients.
Turn into oiled 8- x 8-inch pan.
Set in warm place and let rise at least 30 minutes.
Bake at 350Â° F. for 30 minutes.
Cool slightly and cut into squares. - 32.6826
If using an electric mixer, stir together 2 1/2 cups flour, cornmeal, salt, and yeast.
In another bowl, stir together hot water, butter, and honey.
Stirring, add water mixture to flour.
Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
Stir in another 1/2 cup flour; beat... - 32.6256
Yeast Whole Wheat Pancakes
Measure 1/2 cup water into large mixing bowl.
Sprinkle in sugar and stir until dissolved.
Sprinkle yeast over water and let stand 10 minutes.
Stir in 2 cups water and egg.
Sift flour and salt together into the mixture, add whole wheat flour and - 32.1076
Yeast Pie Crust With Potatoes
Soften yeast in potato water.
Add honey and potatoes; let rise for 1 hour.
Blend in oil, eggs and salt.
Add enough flour to make stiff dough.
Turn into oiled bowl.
Set in warm place until doubled in bulk.
Roll out in two... - 31.7574
Kamut Bread Ii - No Yeast - No Eggs
Kamut Bread Ii - No Yeast - No Eggs has been the staple food in my house for many yeas now as my husband does not like eggs. I cannot quite describe the taste of this Kamut Bread Ii - No Yeast - No Eggs. You will have to try it! - 31.7118
Bisquick Yeast Rolls
Dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
Add Bisquick and mix well.
Turn onto floured surface and khcad until smooth.
Form into rolls and place in greased baking pan.
Cover; let rise 1 hour.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. - 31.5708
Whole Wheat Yeast Biscuits
1. Combine yeast and warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
2. Combine whole wheat flour and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in margarine with a pastry blender until flour mixture resembles coarse meal. Add yeast mixture and buttermilk to... - 30.2306
Sweet Yeast Dough
1. Heat milk with sugar, salt and butter or margarine in a small saucepan; cool to lukewarm.
2. Sprinkle yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar into very warm water in a large bowl. ("Very warm" water should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist.) Stir until yeast... - 29.433
Yeast Based Dough
1. Place yeast, sugar and water in a large bowl (a) and mix to dissolve. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 5 minutes or until foamy (b).
2. Place flour and salt in a food processor and pulse once or twice to sift. With machine running, slowly pour... - 28.8845
Sweet Yeast Dough
1. Combine shortening, milk, sugar and salt in saucepan. Heat just until shortening is melted; cool to lukewarm.
2. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a large bowl. (Very warm water should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist.) Add lukewarm milk... - 28.6234
Quick Yeast Muffins
Dissolve yeast in warm water, and set mixture aside.
Combine butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl; beat well.
Stir in yeast mixture.
Gradually add flour, stirring well.
Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to bake.
(Mixture may be stored in the... - 27.9592
Doughnuts Without Yeast
Mix flour and salt, rub in fat.
Add other dry ingredients and mix to a light dough with egg and milk.
Roll out on a floured board 1/2 in thick, cut out and fry as for yeast doughnuts. - 26.2461
Sweet Yeast Dough
In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand 3 minutes. Add milk, sugar or honey, salt, butter and half of the flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in enough remaining flour to make the dough easy to handle.
Turn dough onto a floured surface.... - 24.4275
Typical Chinese Yeast Dough
1. Combine 3 cups flour and lard in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with clean hands.
2. In a separate bowl, combine yeast, sugar, 1/2 cup lukewarm waster and remaining flour. Mix well.
3. Add yeast mixture to the flour-lard mixture. Blend well and slowly add... - 24.2678
Bread Yeast Starter
Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, salt and undissolved yeast in a bowl.
Add 2 1/2 cups warm water gradually and beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
Cover and let stand at room temperature for 4 days,... - 23.6978
1 In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together.
2 Cover and set aside in a warm place, for atleast 1 day.
3 Use as desired. - 23.6624
Date Yeast Cookies
Cook 2 cups chopped dates in 1 cup water until thick.
Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
Use in place of Raisin Filling.
Prepare cookies as directed. - 15.451
Butter Fingers (yeast)
Thaw dough until soft enough to be malleable, 2 to 4 hours. Cut loaf lengthwise into 16 strips (half, then each half into 8 strips). With hands, roll each strip between palms to form an even rope, pencil thin. Roll each rope in butter melted in shallow baking... - 10.3536
Yeast Recipes By Category