- » Winter Appetizer
Winter Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of winter appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for winter appetizer recipes.
Winter Special Natto Jiru Soup
Looking for some great winter recipes? Here's an oriental delicacy that is an absolute bliss in winters. Watch the chef prepare this Winter Special Natto Jiru Soup which is also extremely healthy. Watch the video now and treat your family to a bowl full of... - 145.674
Lala Cooks - Leek & Potato Soup
Is your meal incomplete without an appetizer? This video is a must watch for you. Chef Leslie demonstrates a step by step procedure to make her favorite Classic Leek and Potato Soup. Treat your family today to this European delight. - 142.453
Easy Winter Soup
If you crave for soups on every winter evening, here is what you can make easily and treat your taste buds. The winter vegetable soup is a perfect soup which is made by combining the goodness of vegetables and is flavored with seasoning and fresh chopped... - 117.628
Cook Along Winter Bean Soup
Wish you could make the winters warm with a special bean soup? Follow this recipe to prepare a very tasty bean soup at home. This one's sure to appease your taste buds and ticker. - 117.204
Winter Miso Mushroom Soup
Nothing could be more comforting than a warm bowl of mushroom soup on a cold winter night . The Chef gives an American twist to the classic Japanese miso soup. This nourishing Japanese soup takes only minutes to prepare and can be served for breakfast, lunch,... - 110.453
Winter Curried Parsnip Soup
This is an ideal winter soup for carb metabolic types. It is healthy and so delicious that it is almost addictive! If you have never used parsnips before then this is a great way to introduce them into your diet. Everyone loves soup on a cold winter day and... - 107.267
The Greek Cook:greek Winter Salad
Winter is a season to warm up with plenty of food and here is one such recipe. Watch the video showing how to make a colorful Winter salad with lots of vegetables and simple common seasonings. The seasons best offerings! - 106.268
Appalachian Winter Roasted Squash Soup
What can be more comforting than a bowl of creamy soup on a cold day? A spicy and warming soup, great for autumn, it is rich yet light—butternut and acorn squash is roasted and pureed and blended into a creamy broth seasoned with spices that make it smell... - 104.547
Chicken Soup- شوربة دجاج
Next time you need a recipe for a simple and rustic soup try out this Chicken and Vegetable Soup. It is easy to make at home and has subtle flavors. A perfect way to warm up your belly on a winter night. Get the recipe details from the video. - 104.313
Once A Week Kitchen - How To Make Hearty Bean Soup
On a chilly winter night, all you need is a large bowl of hearty bean soup to warm your toes and satisfy your screaming tummy. The soup looks so hearty and healthy with the veggies rice and beans! That slice of bread at the end there makes this the perfect... - 103.759
Hearty Winter Salad
Summer is not the only tome for fresh salads. This hearty, tossed, salad elevates the best of winter ingredients. This salad has all wonderful balance of texture and flavors; the crispness of baby spinach, the pungent red onion, sweetness of pear, crunchy... - 102.156
Raw Food Recipe To Stay Warm In The Winter
1. Break one coconut and take water out of it. Put the water in the blending jar.
2. Scoop out coconut flesh from the shell.
3. Chop coconut into small pieces.
4. In hot water put pau dárco, cats claw, catuaba, muira puama tea leaves, reishi... - 91.613
Winter Hamburger Part 1 – Introduction
For all those whose winter season is incomplete without a healthy hamburger, this video series is a must watch. Here the chef has divided the videos in 2 parts – In this part she provides ingredient details and gets started with the initial preparation.... - 87.9803
Vegetarian Winter Barley Soup
Finally there is some variety in hearty soups for vegetarians as well. Watch this recipe video for Vegetarian Winter Barley Soup. The chilies and mushrooms really warm you up. So try it out this winter, you can try it even if you are not a vegetarian; it... - 86.9071
Guacamole And Winter Salsa
This is just the thing that you can make when you are snowed in and don’t have any sauce in your pantry cupboard to make tacos. Join Steve Gainey, who now owns Taco Del Mar, and learn how to make fresh, authentic guacamole, while Colin digs through the... - 86.4177
Winter Hamburger Part 2 – Preparing The Dish
Here is part 2 of winter hamburger video series. Watch the video to see the complete dish, this video is in Filipino language. All said, but entire preparation in one video could have had a greater impact! - 82.3694
Honey Curry Oven Chicken
Baked chicken in honey and curry flavor is a delicate choice of meal. If you are wondering what to serve for any special dinner occasion, go for this. In this video, chef demonstrates the step-by-step process to bake the chicken. Follow this to serve a real... - 82.256
Warming Winter Gruel
1. Peel the marrow. Cut it into 4 pieces.
2. Slice each piece further into half. Scoop out the core and seeds. Cut them to large pieces.
3. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut it into large pieces.
4. Chop 1 cabbage leaf finely. Keep the rest as it... - 78.7673
Soups Galore, My Favorite Soups Part 2
If you are craving for a sip of Indian soup, here it comes! Straight from India, Bhal Dave's style of healthy soups prepared with mung dal to be served with toast. When you want to energise yourself, now you know where to go! - 74.2895
Soups Galore For Summer Or Winter Part 1
Hot and spicy soups are always a favorite. If you love those perfect tasting soups, you will also enjoy cooking it with as much passion with Bhal Dave. He details out each step on how make these variety of soups of different style for lunch or dinner! - 74.1751
Winter Melon Soup
In a deep saucepan combine the consomme, pork, winter melon, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
Mix well and bring to the boiling point.
Lower the heat.
Simmer without a cover for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the melon pieces are... - 48.7203
Quick Winter Salad
Mix garbanzos, radishes, and olive oil together.
In separate bowl, mix kidney beans, celery, and wine vinegar.
In third bowl mix together lima beans, green pepper, mushrooms, and lemon juice.
Sprinkle paprika on top.
Chill bowls for about 1 hour.
Taste each;... - 48.6416
Winter Vegetable Soup
Combine the leek, onion, garlic, celery, and carrots in a nonstick stockpot.
Cook for about 20 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables look dry.
Add the parsnips and potato.
Mix in the bay leaf, parsley, basil, sage, and cayenne... - 48.593
Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup
Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup has a great taste. Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup is an easy to prepare dish. Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup must be tried by vegetarians. - 48.2358
Winter Cabbage Chicken Soup
1) In a large saucepan, cover and saute the onion over a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until golden.
2) Stir in the stewed tomatoes and their juices, water, sugar, paprika, and potatoes.
3) Allow to boil over a high heat, then simmer and cook,... - 48.15
Winter Tuna Nicoise
1) Pre-heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6.
2) In a large baking tray, toss the potatoes with 2 tsp oil and some seasoning.
3) In the oven, roast the potatoes for 20 mins until they are crisp, golden and cooked through. Stir once... - 47.8195
Winter Melon Soup
This Winter melon Soup is a terrific meal starter !Try this chicken, mushroom and winter melon appetizer and tell me if you've enjoyed it ! Your suggestions for this winter melon soup are welcome ! - 47.7136
Winter Vegetable Salad
Bring a large kettle of salted water to a boil.
Drop broccoli into boiling water, let water return to the boil, and cook for 1 minute.
Lift from water with a slotted spoon or skimmer and drop immediately into a bowl of ice water.
Keep kettle over heat.
Drop... - 47.5608
Warm Salad Of Winter Vegetables
1) Heat separate bowls with lightly salted water.
2) Add the Brussels sprouts, carrots, and potatoes in those individual pots until they are tender but not mushy.
3) Take a medium bowl and mix egg, mustard, vinegar, and celery seeds.
4) Blend... - 47.3145
Asian Style Winter Melon Soup
Winter Melon Soup has an amazing taste. Winter Melon Soup gets its taste from chicken mixed with vegetable and flavored with sherry. Winter Melon Soup is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 47.0776
Winter Melon Soup
Choose a winter melon that will hold at least 6 cups (1.5 litres) liquid.
Cut off the top or, if the melon is very large, slice it in half.
Carve the skin decoratively.
Remove central fibre and seeds.
Scrape out some of the flesh, leaving about 2 cm (3/4 in)... - 46.956
Winter Melon Soup
Winter Melon Soup is a mouth watering appetizer recipe. Try this Winter Melon Soup; I am sure you will get a lot of compliments for this one! - 46.7055
Winter Vegetable Potage
1.Take a saucpan or casserole and put butter in it.
2.eat the butter on medium low flame and stir in onion, celery, leek, garlic and jalapeno in the pan.
3.Put the pan's lid on and cook for 30 minutes by stirring in between.
4.Put cabbage, carrots,... - 46.6317
Winter Fruit Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Take a saucepan and put cranberries and apples with some water, in it.
3) Cook the fruits for about 5 minutes or until the skins of cranberries pop out. Blend in sugar and mix well.
4) Place a lid over... - 46.488
Heat oil in a 5 quart kettle over medium heat; add onion, celery, garlic, basil, rosemary, oregano, and thyme; cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
Add barley, potatoes, carrots, and stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for... - 46.4834
Winter Pork And Fruit Ragout
In a large bowl combine pork, apricots, raisins, red wine, vinegar, dill, mint, cuminseed, pepper, thyme, and salt to taste.
Cover and marinate, refrigerated, for 24 hours.
Remove pork and fruit from marinade.
Reserve fruit in a small... - 46.3638
Winter Green Minestrone
In an 8- to 10-quart pan, combine water and ham hocks.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until meat is tender when pierced (about 2 hours).
Then lift out ham hocks and let stand until cool enough to handle.
Pull meat from bones in... - 46.1506
Winter Melon Soup
In bowl, add enough hot water to dried mushrooms to cover.
Soak 30 minutes.
Squeeze to drain well.
Meanwhile, in small bowl or casserole, cook chicken breast, covered, at HIGH for 3 to 5 minutes.
Remove skin and bones.
Cut chicken meat into small strips.
Set... - 45.8954
Winter Salad Mold
1) In a medium saucepan, add in cold water. Sprinkle gelatin into the water. Allow the gelatin to soften for a few minutes.
2) Cook the gelatin over a low flame till the gelatin has dissolved completely. Keep stirring constantly.
3) Take the pan off... - 45.8399
Winter-style Veal Stew
Winter-Style Veal Stew is a very eay to make recipe. Winter-Style Veal Stew gets its taste from veal mixed with flour and flavored with white wine. Winter-Style Veal Stew is inspired by many food joints around the world. - 45.6559
Winter's Night Beef Soup
1. In a skillet, brown beef cubes in oil.
2. In the bottom of slow cooker place vegetables and add beef.
3. In a separate bowl combine all other ingredients except couscous and pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
4. With cover, cook on low for 6... - 45.6123
Place the milk and chicken stock in a saucepan with the bay leaf, peppercorns, cloves and peeled and quartered onion.
Bring very slowly to the boil; remove from the heat and allow to infuse for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make up the meat balls by mixing the... - 45.2778
Winter Root Salad
1) Slice celeriac and carrots into julienne strips.
2) In a medium bowl add orange juice, vinegar and oil.
3) Add salt, pepper, and raisins. Stir the mixture.
4) Add strips of celeriac and carrots into orange dressing.
5) Stir the... - 45.2662
Authentic Winter Melon Soup
Cover the stewing chicken and pork hock with the water; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 45 minutes.
Add the whole chicken breast and simmer 15 minutes longer.
Cut the breast from the stewing chicken and remove it and the other breast from the... - 44.8685
Mixed Winter Fruit Salad
With a sharp knife, cut stems from persimmons and peel fruit.
Hold persimmons over a bowl; cut into wedges, dropping fruit into bowl.
Also cut peel and all white membrane from tangerines and grapefruit.
Then, holding fruit over bowl with persimmons, cut... - 44.8681
Winter Warming Soup
Winter Warming Soup is a filling and delicious vegetable soup. One spoon of this and I am sure you will not be able to resist it anymore. Try this brilliant Winter Warming Soup recipe! - 44.7288
Warming Winter Soup
Warming Winter Soup!! For all those who love sipping on a hot well flavored soup in winters, the Warming Winter Soup is meant for you! I just know that you re gonna get hooked to this tasty and nutritious Warming Winter Soup with the first sip! Try it! - 44.6364
Winter Vegetable Beef Soup
Heat oil in 5-quart (5 liter) Dutch oven.
Over medium heat; add meat and brown on both sides.
Turn heat to low; add warm water, salt, and bay leaf.
Simmer covered until meat is fork tender (about 1 1/2 hours).
Remove meat and trim, discarding bone; shred meat... - 44.6001
Wisconsin Blue Cheese Balls With Winter Fruit
Place the apricots in a sauce pan.
Add water barely to cover.
Stir in vanilla.
Bring the apricots to a boil, uncovered, and simmer until tender, 1-4 minutes, depending on the dryness of the apricots.
Test with a fork.
The apricots should be tender but not... - 44.1433
Winter Squash Soup
Pierce the squash deeply in several places with a sharp knife.
Place on a double layer of paper towels and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
Turn the squash over.
Microwave on high for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the squash is easily pierced with a knife and... - 43.7525
Healthy Winter Fruit Salad
Winter Fruit Salad as the name suggests works great for winter. I also took along Winter Fruit Salad when my family got together for a picnic and it went over well. Do not wait for winter to try it! - 43.7473
Winter Vegetable Soup
Melt butter in a large saucepan.
Saute onions until tender.
Add carrots, celery, turnips and artichokes.
Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes.
Add the beans, enough stock to cover, bouquet garni and seasonings.
Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Stir in cabbage.
Simmer... - 43.7006
Glazed Winter Squash
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. If using butternut or acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
3. In shallow roasting pan place whichever variety is used cut side down and pour water to 1/2-inch depth around squash.
4. Bake... - 43.6799
Fruity Winter Chicken Salad
Spread almonds in a shallow baking pan and toast in a 350° oven until golden (about 8 minutes).
In a medium-size bowl, stir together lemon juice, oil, poppy seeds, honey, mustard, and lemon peel.
Add apricots and stir to coat, then cover and let... - 43.4419
Put beets in a soup pot and add cold water to cover.
Set over medium heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until beets are tender, about 20 minutes.
Skim off any scum that may form.
When beets are done, reserve them and their... - 43.366
Chase The Chills Winter Chowder
Rinse dried lima beans and soak in 6 cups water for 6 hours or overnight.
Drain and cook beans for about 1 hour in large pot with 6 cups fresh water.
In large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until slightly tender.
Thoroughly blend in flour, salt... - 42.8784
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil, and fry the onion for about 3 minutes at low heat and stir in vegetables.
2. Cook the vegetables for 5 minutes at low heat and then stir in the remaining ingredients and cook at low heat for about 45-60 minutes. (If... - 42.876
Curried Winter Squash Soup
In a large saucepan over low heat melt margarine.
Add onions and curry powder.
Simmer for 20 minutes or until onions are soft.
Peel, seed and chop squash.
Add squash, broth and apple to saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce... - 42.5026
Cream Of Winter Squash Soup
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) Bake whole squash about 1 hour, or until fork-tender
3) Let squash cool slightly.
4) Cut the squash lengthwise in half and discard seeds.
5) Using a spoon, scoop squash pulp from the skin.
6) In electric... - 42.3921
Winter Apple Salad
1) In a bowl, add diced apple and some lemon juice, toss it.
2) Then, mix in grapes, chopped celery and walnut halves.
3) Take a shallow serving bowl and arrange all ingredients in it.
4) Coat apple slices with remaining lemon juice and make a star... - 42.1482
Winter Pear Pate
1) Wash the chicken lovers and cut each lover into 2 or 3 pieces. Discard the fat, if any.
2) In a medium-sized frying pan, combine together the livers, onions, 2 stick of the margarine or butter, Worcestershire sauce and the chicken broth. Slowly cook... - 42.0723
Winter Vegetable Soup
1. In a 12-cup (3 liter) casserole, combine butter, onion, garlic, curry powder, cumin and gingerroot and microwave, uncovered, at High for 2 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
2. Stir in stock, carrots, potato and tomato juice well.
3. With lid or... - 42.0444
Winter Squash Souffle
Peel and seed the winter squash.
Cook until soft in just enough boiling salted water to cover.
Mash as you would potatoes.
Mix the squash with the salt, pepper, thyme, butter, cream and cheese.
Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time.
Beat the egg whites until... - 41.9093
1) Dice apples with skin and sprinkle lemon juice.
2) Chop nuts, celery and raisins coarsely.
3) In a bowl, add apples, nuts and raisins.
4) Add mayonnaise and mix well.
5) Serve winter salad immediately. - 41.5717
Winter Vegetable Soup
In a stockpot, combine all ingredients except peas.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes.
Add peas and simmer an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
Makes 8 to 10 servings. - 41.0067
Winter Beef And Vegetable Soup
1. Place the pearl barley in a large saucepan. Pour over the stock and add the mixed herbs. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Trim any fin from the beef and cut the meat into thin strips.
3. Skim away any scum that has risen to the top of... - 40.1455
In a soup kettle, cook onions in butter until tender.
Add meat and cook until brown.
Add garlic, then rest of ingredients.
Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. - 39.801
Homemade Winter Melon Soup
In bowl add enough hot water to dried mushrooms to cover.
Soak 30 minutes; squeeze to drain well.
Cut up mushrooms, discarding stems.
In large saucepan combine winter melon, the 2 cups water, chicken broth, and the drained dried mushrooms.
Cover and simmer... - 39.7517
Baked Winter Pear Halves
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Peel, halve and core the pears.
3) In a 8 x 14 x 2 inches baking pan, arrange the pear halves with the cut side up.
4) Mix the sugar, flour, and nutmeg together and sprinkle evenly over the pears.
5) Add... - 39.6768
Winter Salad Bowl
1) Wash and dry endive and lettuce.
2) Break into bite-size pieces.
3) On top of the greens, arrange orange sections and onion rings.
4) Add garlic dressing and toss lightly, before serving. - 38.6254
Oriental Winter Melon Soup
Discard mushroom stems and slice.
Remove melon skin and discard seeds; cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
Combine all ingredients except parsley in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
Ladle into small bo - 38.2428
Winter Squash Apple And Walnut Soup
If you were looking for a delicious and quick soup then Winter Squash Apple And Walnut Soup is what you need! I serve this often for weekday nights when I am really pressed for time. Try this Winter Squash Apple And Walnut Soup recipe for yourself. - 37.8827
Winter Squash Soup
In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter for a few minutes.
Add tomato, pepper or cayenne and garlic and saute 5 minutes longer.
Then add squash, stock and seasonings.
Bring mixture to a boil and simmer, covered, for approximately 20 minutes or until squash... - 37.8419
Winter Tomato Soup
Saute the celery in butter or bacon drippings until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add all remaining ingredients (except croutons); blend well.
Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Garnish with cheese croutons. - 37.5352
Winter Warmed Red Lentil Soup
1. Put the lentils, onion, vegetables, garlic, stock, and paprika into a large pan. Bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
2. Let the soup cool... - 37.1448
1) Make a dry paste by crushing salt, garlic and basil.
2) Now add the Italian plum tomatoes broken up, and the oil, and continue folding to form a paste.
3) Cover and chill.
4) Rewarm before serving. - 37.0935
Winter Vegetable Soup
1. In large saucepan, heat oil; add onion, carrot, parsnip and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Crumble in bouillon cubes and marjoram. Add 5 cups water; bring to a boil. Add penne and... - 36.9628
Winter Squash Soup
ln a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
Add onion, curry powder, and ginger.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Stir in squash, chicken broth, apple juice, and salt.
Top each serving with yogurt. - 36.8661
Diced Winter Melon Soup
Combine broth, winter melon, mushrooms, tangerine peel, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots in large kettle; cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer gently 1 hour, adding chicken last 10 minutes.
Discard tangerine peel and adjust seasonings with... - 36.5936
Winter Cauliflower Cabbage And Apple Salad
1. Prepare cauliflower florets breaking.
2. Core the seeds of the apple and dice. Place in orange juice to prevent discoloration.
3. In a mixing bowl, add cauliflower florets, diced apples, grated carrot, shredded cabbage. Simultaneously... - 35.9408
Winter Pear Crunch
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place pears and apple juice in a casserole and sprinkle with lemon juice and spices.
Drizzle with honey.
Combine nuts and seeds and spread evenly over the pears.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until pears are tender. - 35.9374
Winter Squash Soup
1. Bring the water and salt to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the squash and garlic, and simmer for 25 minutes, covered, or until the squash is very tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the bread, pepper, and basil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered,... - 35.5851
Winter Vegetable Soup
Cut off and discard peel from squash.
Cut squash into 1/2-inch cubes, place in a 2- to 3-quart pan, and add broth and ginger.
Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until squash is tender when pierced (about 10 minutes).
Add mustard... - 35.5337
Pork And Winter Melon Soup
My family of pork lovers fell head over heels in love with this Pork and Winter Melon Soup. What I would say is that you need not necessarily be a pork lover to like this Pork And Winter Melon Soup. It has all what it takes to make a perfect soup! - 35.4836
Carrot Leek And Apple Soup With Winter Savory
In a saucepan heat the butter over moderate heat until it is hot, add the carrots, the leek, and salt and pepper, and cook the vegetables, stirring occasionally, until they are softened.
Add the apple and cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 3... - 34.4802
Winter Vegetable Soup
In a medium saucepan, saute the onions in oil until tender.
Add the next four ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Add the broccoli, salt if desired and pepper; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until vegetables are... - 33.7087
Easy Winter Melon And Ham Soup
Cut the wintermelon into 1 x 2-inch-long strips.
In a saucepan, heat chicken stock.
Add melon, ham, salt, and pepper.
Simmer for 30 minutes or until the melon is tender. - 33.032
Winter Squash Soup With Lime Cream
1. Puree the squash, broth, and garlic in a blender in two batches; transfer to a large saucepan. Stir in the cumin and salt; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer gently until the flavors are blended, about 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile,... - 32.9465
Spicy Winter Squash Soup
1. Preheat the oven to 400°
2. Line a medium-size baking pan with foil.
3. Halve the squash, remove the seeds and place the squash cut side down in the pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the squash is tender when pierced with a knife. Set aside to cool... - 32.2867
Winter Melon And Ham Soup
1. Take the wintermelon and cut it lengthwise into 1 by 2 inch strips.
2. Add chicken stock to a saucepan and heat well. Mix in ham and melon and season with salt and pepper. On low heat, allow the mixture to simmer for half an hour or till melon... - 31.9685
Gingered Winter Squash And Root Vegetable Soup
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and next 8 ingredients (onion through red pepper),- saute 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low,-cover and cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add squash, sweet potato, parsnip, water, and broth,- bring... - 31.8819
Venison With Winter Vegetables
1. Mix the sherry, soy, hoisin and plum sauces, vinegar and ginger together, then rub well into the cutlets. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Drain, reserving the marinade.
2. Blend the marinade with the stock or water and... - 31.7169
Once you make this Winter Salad, you will for sure be doing it again. Winter Salad is a very versatile recipe. You will wait for winter to make this one! - 31.4181
White Winter Soup
Melt the butter and add chopped vegetables.
Cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Pour on stock, season, and simmer till vegetables are soft.
Pass through a sieve, return to the saucepan and add milk.
Reheat, and serve with... - 29.8539
1. Place the turkey, onions, and garlic in a large stockpot. Add water to cover plus 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, partially cover, and cook for about 45 minutes.
2. Add the beets, sugar, and citric acid or lemon juice. Raise heat to high and... - 28.8246
Winter Soup: Marcel Vigneron
Top Chef contestant Marcel Vigneron describes his favorite winter soup at the 2008 F&W Classic in Aspen - 14.9011