- » Wholemeal Flour Cake
Wholemeal Flour Cake Recipes
Enjoy our collection of wholemeal flour cake recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for wholemeal flour cake recipes.
Wholemeal Whole Wheat Date And Ginger Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Butter a deep 8-inch cake tin. Use non-stick parchment or greased greaseproof paper to line it.
3) In a bowl, out the sugar and butter. Beat together till the mixture is light and fluffy.... - 45.0599
1. Place flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Using fingertips rub in margarine. Stir in raisins and apples, then gradually add egg and enough milk to make a thick dough.
2. Drop large spoonfuls of mixture onto lightly greased baking trays and bake for 12-15... - 34.4129
Wholemeal Corn Bread
Sift flour and baking powder into bowl, return husks from sifter to bowl, rub in butter.
Add egg and corn; mix well.
With floured hands, roll mixture into 12 rounds and place close together in a greased deep 23cm round cake tin.
Brush with milk, sprinkle with... - 31.4114
Connie's Fruit Cake
1) In a saucepan, mix all ingredients and bring to boil stirring constantly. Simmer for 15 minutes.
2) Cool the mixture and add grated rind of an orange, salt, bicarbonate of soda and wholemeal flour. Mix well.
3) Take a non-stick or well-lined 8-inch... - 45.5793
Perfect Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Put 125 g./ 4 oz.of the melted butter in a flameproof baking dish, then add 225 g./ 8 oz.of the sugar.
Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
Remove from the heat and arrange the pineapple rings in the dish.
Sift the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg into a... - 36.2292
Honey Upside Down Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Melt the butter and honey together and pour the mixture into a shallow ovenproof casserole of 10-inches.
3) Core the apples and cut them into rings of 1/2-inch.
4) For a few minutes, cook... - 48.534
Eve's Fruit Cake
1) Beat together sugar and margarine.
2) Sift together flour, cream of tartar, bicarbonate of soda and cake spice and slowly add it to the creamed mixture.
3) Now, add fruit, dissolve agar-agar in a little water and mix in, adding water just enough.... - 46.8751
Kathleen's Rich Fruit Cake
1) Wash fruits and mix together with water, oil, treacle, spice, grated rinds.
2) Make a thin mixture of arrowroot and 2 tablespoons of water.
3) Add flour and arrowroot mixture to fruit mixture and mix well.
4) Take a large cake tin and grease it.... - 45.81
Eggless Fruit Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
2. Grease a cake tin and line it with greaseproof paper to come an inch (2.5 cm) above the sides of the tin.
3. Brush the paper with melted fat.
4. In a bowl sift together the flour,... - 48.5884
Hazelnut And Honey Cake
Cream the butter with the sugar and honey.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
Fold in the flour, salt and chopped hazel nuts alternately with the milk.
Line the base of an 8 inch (20 cm) souffle dish with non-stick parchment (greaseproof paper).
Spoon in the... - 34.637
Rhubarb Gingerbread Upside Down Cake
1) In a 23 cm (9 inch) glass pie plate, melt butter by microwaving it for 45 seconds on high.
2) Spread it to coat evenly over the bottom of the plate and then dust with brown sugar.
3) Sprinkle rhubarb over the sugar.
4) Take a large bowl and mix... - 48.0506
Date And Apple Cake
1) First, lightly oil a 1 1/2 pint loaf dish.
2) Then, with non-stick vegetable parchment, line the base.
3) In a bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence until the mix becomes thick.
4) To this, add the oil and... - 45.8955
Spiced Date And Walnut Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Grease and line a 900 g / 2 lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift together the flour and spice, adding back any bran from the sieve. Stir in the dates and walnuts.
3. Mix the oil, sugar and milk, then stir... - 37.4605
1.Combine rice bran, dried fruit, brown sugar, orange rind, orange juice, 4 tablespoons of stout, and water in a bowl.
Cool slightly, cover and stand overnight.
2.Stir in margarine, flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cardamom.
Spoon mixture into a lightly... - 41.7055
Judi Spiers' Carrot Cake
1) Preheat the oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Butter and line the base of a 7-inch cake tin.
3) Beat together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl till the mixture is creamy.
4) Whisk in the oil very gradually.
5) Fold in the... - 47.3621
Crispy Sugar Topped Blackberry And Apple Cake
1)Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C or Gas Mark 5.
2)Take a loaf tin of 900g or 2 lb. Grease and line it with baking parchment.
3)In a pan, place peeled, deseeded and diced apples. Add in lemon juice and boil. Let simmer... - 49.3094
Carrot Cake With Cinnamon Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas before baking.
2. Take a bowl, add sultanas, mix in orange juice and orange zest.
3. Place in the microwave on medium temperature for 1 to 2 min.
4. Take a 2 lb loaf pan, grease and line the tin base... - 48.2615
Rich Fruit Cake
1)Preheat oven to 325 degrees F or 170 degrees C or Gas Mark 3.
2)Take a round cake tin of 8 inch. Smear with low fat butter and line with baking parchment.
3)In a pan, place chopped prunes and dates. Add in orange juice and boil.... - 47.1874
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) Grease two flat tins of 8-inches each.
3) Into a bowl, sift the baking powder, flour and salt. Run in the butter till coarse crumbs are formed. Mix in the sugar.
4) In the center, make a... - 47.7737
Grease and flour a 20 cm (8 inch) cake tin. Sift the flours, spice and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Rub the fat into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, fruit and peel. Make a well in the centre and pour in... - 26.7835
Whole Meal Apple Cake
1. Wash, peel and core apples and cut in fine slices.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F, 190°C,
3. In a large bowl sieve the flour and salt.In another bowl, mix the sugar and butter to form a light and fluffy creamy paste. Then gradually... - 41.2881
Plain Honey Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In the milk, dissolve the honey and sugar. If required, the milk can be warmed a bit.
3) Into the mixture, mix the flour and transfer the entire concoction to a properly greased tin.
4)... - 36.1422
Coconut Carrot Cake
1. Grease an 18 cm (7 inch) diameter ovenproof ring mould.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until they are very soft, pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat in the lemon rind and juice, spices, coconut... - 39.213
Grease and flour or line a 20 cm (8 inch) deep cake tin.
Cream the butter or margarine and sugar until soft and light.
Beat the eggs and gradually blend them into the creamed mixture.
Fold in the flour, or flour and baking powder, with the ground almonds.
Add... - 43.0214
Cider Crumble Cake
1 Grease a 23 cm (9 in) square cake tin and line with greaseproof (parchment) paper.
2 Preheat the oven to 170Â°C, 325Â°F,gas3.
3 Sieve the flour and salt into a basin.
Add the wholemeal flour and baking powder.
Add the sugar and chopped dates.
Warm the... - 45.3374
Small Fruit Cakes
1) Sift together flours and wheatgerm.
2) Beat together fat and fruit sugar well.
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine flours and fruit and all remaining ingredients along with water (or vegetable milk) until the batter just soft enough to beat. Beat... - 45.6046
Basic Nut Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) In a bowl, cream together the fat and sugar. Break the eggs into the mixture, one at a time. With each egg, add a tablespoon of flour.
3) Finely chop the nuts and add them to the mixture.... - 39.3161
1. Line a 1 kg (2 lb) loaf tin with nonstick baking paper.
2. Sift the flours and baking powder into a large bowl. Mix in the sugar, peanut butter, butter, eggs, vanilla extract and apple juice. Stir through the chocolate chips and apple.
3. Spoon the mixture... - 33.8028
Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas 3.
Lightly grease a 20cm (8in) deep cake tin and line it with baking parchment.
In a large bowl, beat together the curd cheese, sugar, and eggs.
Add the remaining cake ingredients and stir well to combine.
Spoon the... - 42.9069
1) Mix all ingredients in order given and beat them nicely.
2) Take a well-lined, greased 9-inch (23 cm) cake tin and pour the batter in it.
3) Bake for 2 hours at 300 degrees and then decrease heat to 250 degrees. Cover the cake with greaseproof... - 41.3868
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Separate the egg yolks from the whites and beat them separately.
3) Cream the sugar and butter together. Add the egg yolks and stir.
4) Sift together all the dry ingredients and gradually... - 45.6707
1. Grease and line the base of a 20.5 cm (8 inch) round cake dish or souffle dish.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and cocoa and fold in using a... - 38.9137
1. Preheat the oven at 325°F/170°C (Gas Mark 3).
2. Grease and line a 7-inch (18 cm) round deep cake tin with greased greaseproof paper.
3. Chop the dates.
4. In a pan bring to simmering point placing the chopped dates with mixed dried... - 49.3444
Eggless Christmas Cake
1. Place the sultanas, raisins, currants, cherries and peel in a bowl and stir in the apple juice. Cover and leave to soak overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/ Gas 2. Grease and line an 18 cm / 7 in square cake tin.
3. Add the hazelnuts, pumpkin... - 40.9082
1. Heat oven to 160C.
2. Thinly grate thin zest from the orange squeezing in 3 tablespoon of juice.
3. In a bowl pour the juice over the raisins, stiring in zest and let it soak for at least 20 minutes.
4. Oil and line a deep 20cm square cake... - 48.7067
Herb Potato Cakes
1. Boil the potatoes, then mash with a generous knob of butter. Season with salt, pepper and finely chopped herbs.
2. From the mashed potato into flat cakes and leave to cool.
3. When reasonably firm dust with flour, dip in the beaten egg and milk mixture and... - 33.5535
Alans Potato Cakes
1. Skin the cooked potatoes
2. Hot and bear in the pate, margarine and breadcrumbs
3. Add the flour and form into small flat cakes
4. Shallow fry both the sides lightly in oil
5. Can be served with salads
6. Can be served witha... - 38.6072
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and cheese together to form a smooth paste
2. Add the beaten eggs one at a time and mix well
3. Add the flour a little at a time and mix well
4. Add the spices and the seasoning
5. The paste should now be... - 45.3037
Fruitcake With Carob
1) Mix and beat together all the ingredients
2) Pour the batter in a greased cake tin and bake for an hour at 350 degrees.
4) Let the cake cool, slice and serve. - 35.1573
1. Sieve the flour and the baking powder
2. Return the sieved bran to the mix
3. In a large bowl, tip in the sieved flour and add butter to the bowl
4. Rub the butter into the flour until a uniform mix is achieved
5. Mash and sieve the... - 40.8037
Mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Line a 20 cm./ 8 in.cake tin with a double thickness of greased greaseproof paper.
Put half the flour mixture on the bottom.
Beat the egg, nutmeg and... - 36.2197
Spiced Carrot Cake
Grease and bottom-line a 20 cm (8 inch) cake tin. Mix together the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and spices in a large bowl. Rub in the butter, then stir in the carrots. Warm the sugar, honey and treacle together over a low heat. Pour into a well in the... - 30.6141
Simple Honey Cake
1. Grease 7-in. square tin, and scatter almonds in the bottom.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F, 180°C, Gas Mark 4,
3. In a large bowl, tip in the butter and sugar and cream till white and smooth. Then gradually work in honey to form a... - 43.1271
Twelfth Night Cake
1) Take a mixing bowl and beat together fat and sugar.
2) Take another bowl and mix together soya flour, whole-meal flour, mixed spice and oatmeal.
3) Gradually and slowly add dry ingredients to the fat and sugar mixture. Alternate by stirring creamed... - 45.5674
Sticky Date Cake
1 Preheat the oven.
2 Lightly grease a baking tin.
3 In a saucepan, place all the fruits together with the margarine, water and condensed milk.
4 Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
5 Simmer the mixture... - 43.9897
Ginger Cup Cakes
1) First, prepare 12 double-thickness paper cases.
2) Into a large bowl, put the molasses, honey, oil, milk and sugar.
3) With a wire whisk, beat thoroughly.
4) On high power, cook for 1 minute, stirring once in between. The sugar should... - 46.2859
Mushroom Risotto Cakes
1. Melt butter and oil together in saucepan over a medium heat, add garlic and bacon and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Add leek and cook for 3 minutes or until leek is golden. Add rice and mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring, for 3... - 36.8452
Melt the honey and butter in the microwave oven for 2 minutes on HIGH.
Add the 2 flours, and the egg and milk, whisking continuously.
Sift the yeast over the mixture.
Add the grated nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, powdered cloves, 3 grinds of the pepper-mill... - 47.3004
Cream fat and sugar; add egg yolk, sifted flour and salt.
Add the almonds.
Knead all together to a stiff dough.
Make into a cake as for Shortbread (Scottish) and bake in a warm to cool oven (335°-310° F., Gas 3-2).
The dough may be cut into fingers or other... - 30.5361
Date Oatmeal Scones
This delicious Date Oatmeal Scones should not be missed. The flavors of this wonderful dessert leaves a wonderful taste in your mouth that you just cant get enough off. Try this addictive Date Oatmeal Scones! - 47.0699
Currant Walnut Loaf
1) Preheat oven at 160C.
1) In a bowl sift salt, flour, baking agents and spice together.
2) In a small bowl, cream butter with sugar and golden syrup until light.
3) Beat in egg yolks and add 2 tbsp flour and mix well
4) Gently fold in... - 48.2431
Crumbly Apricot & Apple Bars
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
Lightly grease a 23 x 28cm (9 x 11.in) shallow cake tin.
Put the apricots and apples in a saucepan with the apple juice and the orange zest.
Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Cool the mixture slightly and transfer it to a... - 44.5385
Baked Blackberry Cheesecake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Lightly grease and line the base of an 18 cm / 7 in cake tin.
2. Whizz the cottage cheese in a food processor or blender until smooth, or rub it through a sieve.
3. Add the yogurt, flour, sugar, egg and egg white,... - 39.5113
1. Sift the flours and salt into a bowl, adding any bran left in the sieve to the bowl at the end.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the egg white. Gradually beat in the milk and water, whisking hard until all the liquid is incorporated and... - 43.045
Sauteed Lentil Croquettes
1. Pick the lentils over and remove any impurities that might be present
2. Wash the lentils well
3. Soak the lentils in double the amount of water overnight or for 3-6 hours
4. In a large pan, boil water and add the lentils to the... - 44.2211
Fig And Blue Cheese Tart
1. First make the pastry. Tip the flours into a food processor with 1/2 tsp salt and the diced butter. Pulse until you can't feel any lumps, then tip in the walnuts. Mix the egg yolks with 3 tbsp cold water, then dribble this into the machine while you pulse... - 38.0748
Place the flour and oats in a mixing bowl and sift in the soda, salt and ginger.
Place the butter, treacle, syrup and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently.
Cool slightly, then add to the dry ingredients, together with the milk; mix thoroughly.
Pour into a... - 40.9799
In a small saucepan, simmer the dates in the water until the dates are soft.
Mash together with a fork until it's like a pulp then cool completely.
In a medium sized bowl, put the oats, the sifted flour and butter.
Using your finger tips rub the butter until... - 41.3494
Eva's Vegan Parkin
1. Pre-heat oven at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
2. Grease a flat shallow tin.
3. In a heavy saucepan, take the treacle and warm it over a low flame.
4. Mix vegan margarine and wholemeal flour well.
5. Add barbados sugar, cake spice... - 42.1817
Date And Apple Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°f/ Gas 6. Arrange 12 paper cake cases in a deep muffin tin. Put the wholemeal flour in a mixing bowl. Sift in the white flour with the cinnamon and baking powder. Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs,... - 38.4084
Olive And Walnut Loaf
Sieve the flour, salt and yeast into a bowl.
Stir the eggs into the flour.
Add the oil, white wine and yogurt.
Add the walnuts to the mixture and stir well.
Put the mixture in a Pyrex cake mold (mould).
Sprinkle the olives on top.
Do not... - 44.2808
Parmesan And Basil Rolls
1. Sift the white bread flour into the bowl of a food mixer and stir in the wholemeal bread flour, salt, sugar, yeast, Parmesan and basil. Make a well in the centre. Add the warm milk and oil, set the mixer to low and work the ingredients together to form a... - 33.3277
Apple And Cinnamon Muffins
1) Take a 12-hole muffin tin and line with deep paper cake cases.
2) Prehet the oven.
3) In a bowl, mix the flours, baking powder and cinnamon.
4) Lightly rub in the low-fat spread.
5) In the centre of the flour mixture, make a well.
6)... - 42.5531
Chocolate Carob Roulade
1) First, shape a large sheet of non-stick vegetable parchment to form a 10X6 inches rectangular tray.
2) In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks until frothy.
3) To this, add the sugar and whisk until thick.
4) To this, add the flour, carob... - 42.7473
Whole Wheat Splits
Cream the yeast with 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the liquid.
Mix the flours and salt together in a warmed bowl and make a well in the centre.
Pour in the yeast, lard and remaining liquid.
Draw enough flour into the liquid to form a thick batter.
Sprinkle some... - 36.4561
Spiced Date And Walnut Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/ Gas 4. Grease and line a 2 lb (900 g) loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift together the flour and spice, adding back any bran from the sieve. Stir in the dates and walnuts.
3. Mix the oil, sugar and milk, then stir... - 38.3092
Broad Windsor Bean Cutlet With Sour Cream Sauce
1. Wash the Windsor beans and then shell them. This should get you about half the unshelled weight of the beans
2. In a large pot, heat water and add the beans to the salted water
3. Boil the beans for 25 minutes
4. Check the beans for doneness.... - 43.7561
Banana Orange Loaf
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/Gas 4. Brush a 1 1/2 pint (750 ml) loaf tin with sunflower oil and line the base with non-stick baking paper.
2. Sift the flours with the baking powder and spice into a large bowl, adding any bran that is caught in the... - 38.7935
Almond Bread With Kirsch
1) Preheat oven at 375°F/190°C
2) Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cake tin, 2 inches (5 cm) deep with 1 ounce (25 g) butter.
3) Place a non-stick baking paper on it and grease with 1 ounce (25 g) butter.
4) Sprinkle 1/2 ounce (15 g) flour... - 37.9264
Orange Tea Loaf
1. Place the raisins in a bowl, add the tea, orange rind and orange juice, cover with a cloth and soak overnight.
2. Grease a 1 kg (2 lb) loaf tin with butter and dust it with flour, or line with nonstick baking paper. Sift the flours, baking powder,... - 30.925
Streusel Fruit Bars
Grease a 33 X 23 cm/13 X 9 inch square tin.
In a small saucepan combine the chopped fruits, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ginger.
Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from the heat, stir in the bananas and cool.
Beat the sugar and butter until light... - 43.4646
Dried Fruit Tea Bread
1. Soak the dried fruits in the tea for several hours or overnight. Drain and reserve the liquid.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/ Gas 4. Grease a 7 in (18 cm) round cake tin and line the base with nonstick baking paper.
3. Sift the flour into a bowl... - 35.644
1. Place margarine and honey in a bowl and beat to combine. Gradually mix in yogurt and eggs, then stir in ricotta cheese, flour, raisins, coconut, almonds and sesame seeds.
2. Pour mixture into a lightly greased and lined shallow 18 x 28 cm/7 x 11 in cake... - 34.6681
Heat milk for 30 seconds on HIGH (or until lukewarm).
Mix yeast with 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and add to milk.
Set aside until yeast is frothy.
2.Sift the flours and salt into a bowl, tip the husks left in the sifter into the bowl, and remaining brown... - 43.1754
Cream the yeast with the water.
Place the flours and salt in a warmed bowl.
Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast liquid, milk and beaten egg.
With one hand or a spatula, gradually draw all the ingredients together and beat for 5 minutes.
Cover the... - 42.9972
1) In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the base to prepare a soft dough.
2) Onto a sheet of non-stick baking parchment, turn the dough out and shape to a 6-inch square. Let it chill for a while.
3) Then, on the parchment in the microwave, place... - 46.9861
Spiced Banana Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Line a muffin tin with 12 large paper cake cases. Sift together both flours, the baking powder, salt and mixed spice into a bowl, then tip the bran remaining in the sieve into the bowl. Stir in the sugar.
2. Melt... - 39.4308
Oat Shortbread Biscuits
Oaty Shortbread Biscuits is simply irresistible. Try this amazingly delicious biscuit recipe; I am sure you will always tempt to prepare this for every party! - 38.6676
Sticky Date And Apple Bars
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line an 18-20 cm / 7-8 in square or rectangular loose-based cake tin. In a large pan heat the margarine, sugar, syrup and dates, stirring until the dates soften completely.
2. Gradually work in the oats, flour,... - 35.6433
Gingerbread Upside Down Pudding
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F/ Gas 4. For the topping, brush the base and sides of a 23 cm / 9 in round springform cake tin with oil. Sprinkle the sugar over the base.
2. Arrange the peaches cut-side down -in the tin with a walnut half in each.
3. For... - 39.7876
Plum Crumble Pie
1. To make the pastry, mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the egg, olive oil and chilled water to form a dough.
2. Grease a 23cm/9in springform cake tin. Press two-thirds of... - 42.1176