- » Wholemeal
Enjoy our collection of wholemeal recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for wholemeal recipes.
Wholemeal Chicken Pie
The whole meal chicken pie is prepared with a pastry crust and filled with chicken along with vegetables. Filling and wholesome, the wholemeal chicken pie is made with chicken along with mushrooms, asparagus soup and eggs flavored with mustard, salt and... - 48.3991
Wholemeal Vegetarian Pie
1) Preheat oven to 425 degree, Gas Mark 7.
2) In a pan, melt butter and saute onion, carrot, and pepper until onion is tender.
3) Stir in the remaining vegetables, pour stock or water, cover, and let it cook for 10 minutes.
4) Remove pan... - 46.4232
Wholemeal Oat Bread
Prepare to be astounded by the mouthwatering flavor and aroma of the Wholemeal Oat Bread. A very tasty and healthy bread the Wholemeal Oat Bread is a good choice for your family meals!! - 46.0662
Wholemeal Whole-wheat Pepper Quiche
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl, shift the flour and salt.
3) Place the butter, and using the fingers rub into the flour until the mixture gets grainy texture.
4) Blend in enough water to make stiff dough.
5) Cover the dough in foil... - 45.9813
Wholemeal &oat Spiced Pancakes
These whole meal and oat spiced pancakes are flavorful and filling pancakes prepared with rolled oats and whole wheat flour. Cooked on a pan with a batter of flour, oats, spices, milk and fruit salt, the spiced whole wheat and oat pancakes are served hot.This... - 45.8996
Wholemeal Pizza With Green Pepper And Mushrooms
1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.(200°c/Gas Mark 6)
2 Grease two baking sheets with oil.
3 In a bowl, mix the yeast and the sugar with half the water.
4 Set aside in a warm place until frothy, for about 10-15... - 45.2251
Wholemeal Malt Loaf
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Mix together the salt and flour and then rub in the margarine till a crumbly texture is achieved.
3) In a different bowl, mix together the molasses, warm water and malt extract. Stir till... - 45.1743
Wholemeal Whole Wheat Date And Ginger Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Butter a deep 8-inch cake tin. Use non-stick parchment or greased greaseproof paper to line it.
3) In a bowl, out the sugar and butter. Beat together till the mixture is light and fluffy.... - 45.0599
1. Preheat oven
2. Prepare loaf tin by greasing it and covering it with flour.
3. In a large bowl, mix the yeast with sugar and beat till light. Add the warm water and set aside to become light and frothy.
4. Sift whole wheat flour into... - 44.6704
Maple Syrup And Walnut Wholemeal Scones
1. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas
2. Take two baking sheets and butter them lightly.
3. Combine together the self-raising flour, porridge oats, wholemeal flour, caster sugar, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
4. Run the butter through... - 43.4001
Country Wholemeal Whole Wheat Bread
1. In a cup, blend the yeast into about 4 fl oz (120 ml / 1/2 cup) of the water
2. Grease two loaf tins with the vegetable fat
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C (Gas Mark 7)
4. Place the flour in a heap on a large pastry board
5.... - 42.9551
Wholemeal Anchovy Pizza
Wholemeal Pizza! This is one of my favorite homemade Pizza recipes. My stress buster on a weekend is to cook some homemade Wholemeal Pizza with my husband and enjoy it with him while watching a movie!! Try doing the same, trust me, stress buster or not, you... - 42.8661
Basic Wholemeal Pancake
1. Add egg, milk, and oil to a blender or food processor and pulse for half a minute.
2. Stir in salt and flour and blend again until the mixture turns smooth.
3. Take a small non-stick pan, and heat little oil, and when pan starts smoking, drop 2 tbsp... - 42.4205
Wholemeal Spaghetti With Mushrooms And Leeks
1. Wash the leeks and slice thinly, then rewash to remove any remaining grit. Drain thoroughly.
2. Wipe the mushrooms and slice thinly.
3. Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water until tender (about 12 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a... - 42.4003
Healthy Wholemeal Bread
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F (Gas Mark 7).
2) Allow 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to dissolve in one-third of the water.
3) Add yeast to this and beat in with a fork.
4) Place this in a warm place for 10 to 15 minutes till the mixture is... - 42.234
1) Preheat oven very hot to 425°F, 220°C or Gas No. 7
2) In a mixing basin sift flour and salt.
3) Cut in fat and rub into the mixture keeping a hollow at the centre.
4) In a bowl blend fresh yeast with warm water.
5) Dried yeast has... - 41.9001
Digestive Wholemeal Biscuits
Gourmet, Gourmand or always a mom's baby - you are guaranteed to enjoy this eggless digestive wholemeal biscuits. This recipe for digestive wholemeal biscuits has never failed me. Let me know how it turned out for you? - 41.6371
Wholemeal Digestive Biscuits
1) Preheat oven to temperature to 325 degrees.
2) Sieve the oatmeal, salt, bicarbonate of soda and flour together.
3) Rub in the butter till a consistency of breadcrumbs is reached.
4) Add the sugar and just enough beaten egg to bind the... - 41.6176
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7.
Blend the fresh yeast with the warm water OR dissolve 1 x 5ml sp. (1 tsp) of the sugar in the water and sprinkle the dried yeast on top.
Leave until frothy. Rub the fat into the flour, sugar and salt.
Add the yeast liquid to... - 41.1782
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F), Gas Mark 7.
2. When using fresh yeast in a small bowl dissolve the yeast along with a little milk and sugar.
3. Take a large mixing bowl warm it and sift the flours along with dried yeast if using... - 40.4877
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C/ Gas 6. Grease and flour a large baking sheet.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces.
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.... - 40.3648
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Sieve the salt, flours and spice together. Rub in the butter and then mix the sugar well. Stir in enough milk to make a stiff dough.
3) On a floured board, thinly roll out the flour and... - 40.1712
Potato Wholemeal Bread
1) In a bowl, combine the potatoes, hot water, sugar, and butter and stir till well blended and cool to lukewarm.
2) Crumble in the yeast and mix and allow to stand in a warm place for 10 minutes.
3) Slowly add in the flour and salt to make a soft... - 40.0703
Wholemeal Scones Whole Wheat Biscuits
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Heat the oven to (230°C/450°F or Gas Mark 8).
3) In a bowl, sift both the flour, salt and baking powder and rub in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
4) Then add milk to make a smooth dough.
5) On a... - 39.6583
Mackerel Pate With Wholemeal Melba Toasts
1) Remove the bones from mackarel, if any.
2) In a small bowl, place the fish.
3) With a fork, mash the mackerel then mix in the fromage frais and lemon juice.
4) Season well with pepper.
5) In 4 small ramekins, divide the pate.
6) Cover... - 39.4856
The No Knead Wholemeal Loaf
Place the flour in a large bowl and put to warm in the oven while activating the yeast.
Stir the yeast into about 150 ml/1/4 pint of the water, cover, and leave in a warm place until frothing well.
Dissolve the sugar and salt in the rest of the water.
Lightly... - 39.0627
Mushroom Caps Stuffed With Brie On Wholemeal Croutons
6. Wash the mushrooms and remove the stalks
7. Clean the caps and the stalks and dry completely
8. Chop the stems finely and mix the stems with the garlic, onion and the walnuts.
9. Set aside till needed
10. In a large bowl, cream the... - 38.9872
1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6).
3. Grease loafing tins with fat.
4. Whisk yeast in a little of the water and pour into well in the flour.
5. Add remaining water and mix thoroughly first with... - 38.8731
Wholemeal Bread With Sesame
Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Make a well in centre.
Pour in water and oil.
Mix with a wooden spoon until almost all the flour is combined, then knead for 5 minutes to form a soft dough.
Place dough in a lightly greased bowl; cover... - 38.7156
Puri is simple and easy to make. Puri gets its taste from flour mixed with salt and prepared in ghee. Puri is inspired by many food joints around the world. - 37.5225
Sift together the plain flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
Stir in the wholemeal flour and brown sugar.
Beat the eggs until pale yellow.
Add the milk and continue beating until well-blended.
Pour the egg and milk mixture into the flour and mix... - 37.4048
1 Mix the sugar into one third of the water in a small jug.
2 Sprinkle the dried yeast over the surface and leave in a warm place until frothy (about 10 minutes).
3 Place the flour and salt into a 1.75 litre/3 pint (7 1/2 cup) mixing bowl, and microwave on... - 37.3381
1. Preheat the oven at 425°F/220°C (Gas Mark 7).
2. In a bowl mix flours and salt thoroughly.
3. Whisk yeast in a little of the water and pour into a well in the flour.
4. Gradually add remaining water and finally oil.
5. Knead... - 36.9662
Wholemeal Cheese And Bacon Muffins
Fry bacon until crisp, add shallots, drain on kitchen paper.
Sift flour and sugar into basin, return husks from sifter to basin; add kibbled rye, rub in butter.
Mix in half the cheese, make well in centre of dry ingredients, add lightly beaten egg and... - 36.8583
Baked Wholemeal Scones
Mix the dry ingredients well together.
Rub in butter and add sugar and peel, or ginger.
Blend into a soft dough with the milk, which is added slowly.
Pat out the dough on a floured board and cut into shapes.
Brush over with milk.
Bake at 450° F for 10 ... - 36.7649
Wholemeal Basic White Sauce
1) In large ovenproof bowl, on high power, microwave the butter or margarine for 30 seconds.
2) Remove from the oven and stir well so that the butter is melted completely.
3) Now, stir in the flour. Note that the mixture will not be a smooth paste.... - 36.6479
Mix salt, sugar and flour in a large basin.
Dissolve the yeast in the warm water, add the melted fat, and mix with the flour to an elastic dough.
Knead well until smooth, cover with a cloth, to prevent surface evaporation, and set in a warm place to rise to... - 36.5264
1. To make pikelets, place skim milk, oil, lemon juice, egg and honey in a food processor or blender and process to combine. Add flour mixture and process until smooth.
2. Melt margarine in a nonstick frying pan. Drop tablespoons of mixture into pan and cook... - 36.0237
Wholemeal Macaroni Cheese With Fennel
1. Cook the macaroni in a saucepan of boiling water for 7-10 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
2. Heat the milk, onion and bay leaf in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and allow the milk to infuse for 10 minutes.
3. Melt the... - 35.7221
Peperonata With Wholemeal Noodles
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a deep frying pan. Add the onions and garlic and cook very gently until the onions soften.
2. Add the peppers, tomatoes, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the lid from the... - 35.7116
Vegan Wholemeal Pastry
1. Sieve the wholemeal flour.
2. Add a little salt.
3. Rub in the fats such that the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add water, slowly mixing first with a knife. Knead lightly to prepare stiff dough.
5. Cover it with a cloth and refrigerate it.
6.... - 35.5581
Wholemeal Spaghetti Bake
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the apple. Drain the tomatoes, reserving the juice. Add the tomatoes to the pan with the sage and tomato... - 35.3164
Wholemeal Chicken Microwave Method
This recipe for whole meal chicken can be cooked in the microwave. Simply prepared with chicken thigs flavored with butter and cheese alongwith parsley, the whole meal chicken can be served with a potato salad or mashed potatoes with vegetables. Adapted from... - 34.5602
Wholemeal Crepe Batter
Beat the eggs, then combine with the milk and beat by hand or in an electric blender.
Sift together the flour and salt and add to the egg and milk mixture.
Stir in the melted butter or vegetable oil.
If mixing by hand, strain through a sieve... - 34.4636
1. Place flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Using fingertips rub in margarine. Stir in raisins and apples, then gradually add egg and enough milk to make a thick dough.
2. Drop large spoonfuls of mixture onto lightly greased baking trays and bake for 12-15... - 34.4129
Wholemeal And Oat Soda Bread
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the milk and water to make a dough which will hold its shape for a few minutes before starting to spread.
Working quickly, form the dough into a round shape, cut a cross over the top, then put it on to a floured... - 34.3793
Sift flours, salt and sugar into bowl, make well in centre, pour in milk and most of the water, all at once.
Mix with a knife to a moist, sticky dough.
Add more water if necessary.
Turn onto lightly floured surface, knead into round shape; place on greased... - 34.0678
1. Put 300 ml (1/2 pint) of the tepid water in a measuring jug or bowl and stir in the fresh yeast until it is dissolved. Or, if using dried yeast, stir the honey into 300 ml (1/2 pint) of the water, sprinkle in the yeast and leave it in a warm place for... - 33.9832
Quick Wholemeal And Fruit Rolls
1.Sift together wholemeal and self-raising flours, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Mix in dried fruit.
2.Stir in buttermilk a little at a time and beat until dough is firm and leaves the sides of the bowl.
3.Turn out on a lightly floured board and knead briefly.
Divide... - 33.9752
Wholemeal Spaghetti Carbonara
1. Cook spaghetti in boiling water in a large saucepan following packet directions. Drain and set aside to keep warm.
2. Place eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and basil in a mixing bowl and beat until combined, set aside.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook... - 33.8505
Wholemeal Spinach Quiche
1. Roll out pastry and line the base and sides of a lightly greased 23cm/9in flan tin. Trim edges of pastry and line base with baking paper. Fill with uncooked rice and bake for 15 minutes. Remove rice and paper and bake for 10 minutes longer. Remove from... - 33.849
Wholemeal Date Scones
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
Add the wholemeal.
Rub in butter and add yellow sugar and dates.
Mix to a soft dough with the milk.
Pat out on a floured board to 1/2" thick- ness.
Cut into shapes and bake on a greased slide at 450° F for 10 minutes - 33.7955
1. Sift flour and herbs into a bowl, make a well in centre. Beat egg, oil and water together, pour into the flour, mix to soft dough. Turn out on to floured board, knead lightly. Grease a large dinner plate, press dough out to fit. Cook on HIGH for two and a... - 33.2295
Boston Wholemeal Bread
Mix dry ingredients well* Add the sultanas.
Beat sour milk and treacle together and mix into dry ingredients.
Half-fill greased tins.
Cover and steam for 21/2-hrs. - 33.1224
Wholemeal Steamed Pudding
1. Combine first five ingredients in large bowl, stir in orange juice, cover, set aside 1-2 hours.
2. Beat butter and honey, add eggs one at a time. Fold in breadcrumbs, dried fruit mixture alternately with sifted flour and baking powder. Spoon into greased... - 32.731
Wholemeal Potato Pancakes
1. Grate the potatoes and thinly slice the onion. Mix together.
2. Mix in the flour, breadcrumbs, cream cheese, the lightly beaten egg and seasoning.
3. Stir thoroughly and spoon small dollops into the frying pan, cooking and turning until brown on both... - 32.7153
1. Sift the flours, salt and mustard powder into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in the butter and fat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Mix the egg yolk with the water and sprinkle over the dry ingredients. Mix to a dough.
2. Knead on a lightly floured... - 32.644
Wholemeal And Buttermilk Irish Soda Bread
Sift together the two flours, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar, then rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Quickly stir in the buttermilk or milk and mix until a soft dough is formed.
Turn the dough on to a lightly floured... - 32.5944
No Fussin Muffins
1. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Stir in milk and egg, then add margarine and mix well.
2. Spoon mixture into 12 lightly greased muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer and golden. - 32.562
1) Prepare and bake the plain scones.
2) Freeze for storage.
3) Serve as preferred. - 32.2732
Wholemeal Drop Scones
Mix the flours and pour half into a mixing bowl.
Mix the yeast with the water until well combined.
Pour into the centre of the flour and leave until frothy.
Place in the bowl and gradually mix in the remaining flour, using the double-bladed chopping... - 31.6962
Wholemeal Corn Bread
Sift flour and baking powder into bowl, return husks from sifter to bowl, rub in butter.
Add egg and corn; mix well.
With floured hands, roll mixture into 12 rounds and place close together in a greased deep 23cm round cake tin.
Brush with milk, sprinkle with... - 31.4114
Wholemeal Basic Sauce With Oil
1) In a large ovenproof bowl, mix the oil and flour together.
2) To this, stir in the milk. The mixture will have small lumps in it.
3) On high power, cook for 4 minutes, whisking in between. By now, the sauce will boil up and start looking separated.... - 31.2762
Quick Wholemeal Bread
1) Mix yeast, flour and salt, and add water to make soft dough. Knead until smooth and elastic.
2) Take well-greased bread tin and put the dough inside. Now, put the tin into a plastic bag and loosely tie it. Let it rise until double size.
3) When... - 31.2333
Beat the egg yolks until pale yellow.
Add the milk to the egg yolks and beat well.
Sift the flour with the salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
Add the egg yolk and milk mixture and blend thoroughly.
Stir in the honey and melted butter or vegetable... - 31.1758
Healthy Wholemeal Scones
Put the flours, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add the sugar, then the milk and beat until a soft dough is formed.
Knead gently for 3 minutes.
Pat the dough out until it is about 2 cm./ 3/4... - 30.1385
1. Put the flours, yeast, salt and sugar into the bowl of a food mixer. Add the water and, with the mixer set on low, work the ingredients until they come together to form a soft dough. Increase the speed to high and knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until it... - 29.5277
1. Onto a plate add digestive biscuits and top with whipped cream or cream cheese or both.
2. Scatter with grated chocolate and decorate with a fresh mint leaf. - 28.1547
Apple And Apricot Wholemeal Crumble
1. Mix the apples with the lemon juice, water, apricots and nutmeg. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and press down well.
2. Work the butter into the flour with your fingers, then add the sugar a little at a time. When the texture resembles breadcrumbs, spread... - 27.8518
Wholemeal Carob Chip Cookies
1. Rub butter into flour, using fingertips, until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar and carob. Add egg, stir with a knife until just combined, knead lightly until smooth.
2. Roll out to 5 mm / 1/4 in thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut... - 27.6138
1. Dip chicken t highs in butter.
2. Coat with combined cheese, flour and parsley.
3. Place on a rack. Cook for 14-16mmuteson medium high. Turn over halfway during cooking. - 27.1981
Wholemeal Bread Rolls
These whole meal bread rolls can be served with meals as rolls for dinner or lunch. Baked in the oven with sugar and salt to taste and leavened with yeast, the whole meal bread rolls are filling and nutrtious. - 23.2584
Wholemeal Sesame Rolls
1. Make up the bread dough as instructed in the recipe for Wholemeal Bread, following the directions to the end of step 4.
2. Cut off 50 g (2 oz) pieces of dough and shape them into neat rolls.
3. Place the rolls on large, greased, flat ovenproof plates, 4 to... - 20.7415