- » Whole Grain Germ
Whole Grain Germ Recipes
Enjoy our collection of whole grain germ recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for whole grain germ recipes.
Oat Wheat Germ Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Beat the egg, sugar, and water together.
3. Stir into mix only until dry ingredients are moistened. Add raisins.
4. Fill six oiled muffin tins two-thirds full.
5. Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on a wire... - 27.6082
Whole Wheat Biscuit Buns
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup of the water.
Add oil, molasses, honey, salt, sesame seed, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, and 4 cups of the flour.
Beat to blend well.
Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups water.
Beat in about 2 more cups flour to form a stiff... - 37.036
Fruit Wheat Germ Cake
Grind all ingredients.
Press firmly into loaf pan.
Chill for 2 days.
Slice thin to serve. - 31.5526
Wheat Germ Jam Bars
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, salt, and 1/2 cup wheat germ in large bowl.
3. Beat together the butter, 1/4 cup sugar, egg yolks, rind, and vanilla.
4. Stir in dry ingredients. With your hands press mixture into 13-by 9- by... - 39.4427
Whole Grain Nut Bread
Spray 1-quart round casserole with vegetable cooking spray.
Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons wheat germ.
Tilt dish to coat.
In medium mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, rye flour, cracked wheat flour, walnuts and baking soda.
In small... - 47.9556
Whole Grain Waffles
This Whole Grain Waffles is much better than the ones you buy from your local store. The butter makes this Whole Grain Waffles even more delicious. Economical for you too! - 34.0617
Whole Grain Pecan Cookies
In a mixer bowl beat together the butter or margarine, honey, and vanilla.
Beat in the whole wheat flour and wheat germ.
Stir in the nuts.
Divide dough into thirds.
Place each portion between two pieces of waxed paper; roll to 3/8 inch thickness.
Lay dough... - 38.8693
Whole Grain Apple Cake
1. Combine flours, wheat germ, soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl. Add flour mixture stirring until well-blended.
3. Pour batter into greased, 10-cup plastic or ceramic tube dish or place... - 33.3404
Whole Grain Bread
1. In large bowl, combine rye flour, unprocessed bran, wheat germ, and 3 cups whole wheat flour. In another large bowl, combine sugar, salt, yeast, and 3 cups flour mixture. In 2-quart saucepan over low heat, heat milk, butter or margarine, molasses, and 1... - 39.9325
Whole Grain, Yogurt, And Berry Pancakes
1. In a large bowl combine well the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, corn meal, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, beat the egg very well and mix in the melted butter, honey, yogurt and skim milk thoroughly.
3. Mix the dry... - 44.7291
Nutty Whole Grain Crackers
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl combine first 6 ingredients stirring well.
3. Add 2/3 cup water and oil, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Divide dough in half, roll half of dough to o 12- x 12-inch... - 49.4534
Sourdough Whole Grain English Muffins
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
Stir in starter, honey, salt, dry milk, wheat germ, cracked wheat (or other cereal), whole wheat or graham flour, and 1 cup of the all-purpose flour.
Beat well for 5 minutes.
Gradually mix in 1 1/2 cups of the... - 43.5612
Whole Grain Cherry Crisp
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Into a 9 inch pie pan, pour the cherry pie filling.
3. In a food processor, combine all remaining ingredients or mix with hands until the mixture is crumbly.
4. Add the mixture to the pan and pat tightly... - 45.7357
Whole Grain Quick Bread
Set aside 2 tablespoons cornmeal for topping.
Combine remaining dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
Add juice, honey, egg, and oil.
Stir just until moistened.
Pour batter into 6-cup ring mold.
Sprinkle reserved cornmeal over top.
Cook on 80, 8... - 41.5496
Whole Grain Oatmeal Cookies
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
If you do not have a nonstick baking sheet, very lightly butter a regular bak ing sheet.
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and barley malt sweetener.
Add the egg and vanilla extract and blend well.
Add the remaining... - 38.0067
Four Grain Savory Muffins
Four Grain Savory Muffins has a unique taste. Four Grain Savory Muffins gets its taste from flour and cereal mixed with buttermilk and wheat germ. Four Grain Savory Muffins is inspired by many people worldwide. - 42.3205
Four Grain Muffins
1) Preheat the oven to 375°.
2) Take a medium bowl and combine first 4 ingredients in it.
3) Add in sugar, baking powder, and salt to this and stir.
4) Stir in buttermilk, oil, and egg to this just until moistened or the batter becomes... - 45.1507
Thick Tamari Sauce
Pour oil into a small saucepan.
Add the tamari and bring to a boil.
Add the water and boil 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the dissolved arrowroot and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
Serve on artichokes, millet puree, grains, and casseroles. - 25.3693
Whole Wheat Date Bars
These Whole Wheat Date bars make wholesome sumptuous breakfast. Try out these ready to eat breakfasts and tell me if you like them. Your suggestions for these Whole Wheat Date bars are welcome. - 44.2878
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread
In saucepan (or large bowl and in microwave), heat milk until hot; stir in brown sugar, oil and salt until blended and sugar has dissolved.
Let cool to lukewarm.
In small bowl, dissolve granulated sugar in warm water; sprinkle yeast over top and let stand for... - 45.2097
Banana Mixed Grain Cookies
Beat margarine, sugar, and egg until light and fluffy.
Stir in banana and flavoring until smooth.
Add salt, baking powder, and spices and stir thoroughly.
Slowly mix in dry ingredients until well combined, adding nuts last.
Chill for at least 1 hour.
Preheat... - 45.5022
Four-grain Batter Bread
Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl.
Add 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, the milk, sugar, salt and baking soda.
Beat on low speed until moistened; beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 3 minutes.
Stir in whole wheat flour, wheat germ, oats... - 41.5031
Six Grain Granola
In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, rye flour, millet, wheat germ, sugar, coconut, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and salt.
In a blender, combine peanut butter, oil, water, and vanilla; whirl until well combined.
Add to... - 39.5126
Mixed Grain Bread Sd
Dissolve the yeast in the warm stock. Add the starter, oats, salt, oil, and molasses; let the mixture stand 5-10 minutes until the oats are softened.
Stir the grains together and add to the liquid gradually. You may want to add more whole wheat flour if the... - 33.5468
Mixed Grain Bread
1. Combine the milk and butter and set aside until lukewarm.
2. Sprinkle the dry active yeast over the warm water and stir to dissolve.
3. When the milk mixture is lukewarm, stir in the yeast mixture, egg, salt, honey, and molasses. Mix well.
4. Stir in the... - 42.9032
Honey Grain Bread
Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water in a large bowl; stir in 2 tablespoons honey, and let stand 5 minutes.
Combine remaining 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey, milk, and margarine in a small saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until... - 45.3329
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring well.
Add eggs and honey, beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended.
Combine oats, cornmeal, rye flour, wheat flour, wheat germ, soy flour, raw bran, and salt, stir well.
Stir into... - 41.1451
Mixed Grains Buttermilk Dread
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
Combine buttermilk, honey, margarine, and salt in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until very warm (120° to 130°).
Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; beat at low speed of an electric mixer until... - 42.4105
Savannah Spoon Bread
Mix the corn meal and soy flour together in a saucepan.
Stir the water in slowly to prevent lumping, and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until boiling.
Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
Add salt, oil, and egg yolks.
Beat egg whites until... - 35.7218
Healthy Whole Wheat Waffles
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients; in a small bowl, beat together the eggs with oil and milk adnd mix into the dry ingredients without beating, till just mixed
2. Heat a waffle iiron and pour the batter on
3. Goes well with... - 32.1805
1. In a bowl, mix together the buckwheat flour, wheat germ, whole wheat flour, sugar, and baking powder.
2. Stir in the eggs, oil, and enough water or milk to make a batter the consistency of thick heavy cream. Ladle the mixture onto a hot, oiled griddle.... - 29.5407
1. The night before you want to serve this dish, put the milk, honey, and groats in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring for 25 minutes, or until the buckwheat is tender. Pour into a 9- by 9- inch oiled pan and refrigerate.
2. The next... - 24.613
The California Bran Microwave Muffins is simply yummy! This is a surprise treat that I often prepare at home. Try the California Bran Microwave Muffins at your place too, I am sure you will like it! - 45.3131
Super-moist Bran Muffins
Combine the bran, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, fruit or nuts, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; mix well.
Combine the yogurt, vegetable oil, honey, molasses, egg and 1 cup water in a medium bowl; blend well.
Stir the yogurt mixture into... - 34.9608
Granola Bran Muffins
You will find the Granola Bran Muffins a rare treat! Prepare the Granola Bran Muffins with a little effort, enjoy the recipe and let us know what you feel about it. - 46.7688
Banana Bran Carrot Mini Muffins
In large bowl, combine flour, bran, carrot, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Whisk together milk, bananas, yogurt, oil, sugar, molasses and eggs; pour over dry ingredients.
Sprinkle with raisins; stir just until dry ingredients are... - 36.3982
Oat And Honey Bran Muffins
1) Pre-heat an oven to 375°F
2) Combine the oats, wheat germ, bran, salt, cinnamon and buttermilk in a mixture and let this stand for about quarter of an hour
3) Add the honey, eggs and oil to this and mix it well
4) Now mix the flour,... - 45.3104
Jersey Blueberry Bran Muffins
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease muffin pans or line with fluted paper cups.
Pour boiling water over 100% Bran and let it steep.
Cream together margarine and sugar. Beat in eggs and buttermilk. Mix in the steeped bran, (liquid and all).
Stir together All Bran,... - 34.5827
Bran Graham Muffins With Raisins
When you make muffins as often as I do, you're always searching for a new recipe to try. This one is a variation of a bran muffin, and has the addition of graham crumbs in the dry ingredients. They are so tasty, all warm and fresh from the oven. - 116.024
Hollywood. Bran Muffins
Hollywood. Bran Muffins! Were you looking for a tasty and unique muffin that you can serve for brunch? Then Hollywood. Bran Muffins is definitely the muffin for you. This delicious and simple Hollywood. Bran Muffins is sure to bowl your family over! - 40.1426
1. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
2. In a smaller bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.
3. Make a hole in the dry ingredients, and add the wet all at once.
4. Mix only until dampened.
5. Spoon into greased muffin tins.
6. Bake at 400° for 18-20... - 36.7935
Bran Graham Muffins
1) Grease muffin tins.
2) In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
3) Add raisins.
4) In another bowl beat egg until frothy.
5) Add oil, molasses, buttermilk and vanilla.
6) Beat to mix till smooth.
7) Pour the egg mixture over dry... - 44.896
Pumpkin Oat Pancakes
1) Combine together te oats and buttermilk. Mix well.
2) Allow the mixture to stand for about 15 minutes.
3) Add the milk, egg, egg white, pumpkin and oil to the mixture. Mix properly.
4) Combine together all the remaining ingredients in a small... - 44.0526
1. In a large mixing bowl stir together warm water and yeast. Add honey, oil, eggs, and salt; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed till combined. Add the dry milk powder, oats, cornmeal, and wheat germ; beat till combined.
2. Add 1 cup of the... - 39.1812
1. In one medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and beat eggs with oil, molasses and milk in another bowl
2. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix till just combined; add ladlefuls to a lightly oiled gridle and cook on one sidetill... - 34.4389
Basic Oatmeal Bread
1. Sprinkle yeast into warm water.
2. Scald milk and mix with oats, honey, oil, and salt.
3. Cool to lukewarm and add wheat germ and 2 cups of whole wheat flour. Beat well.
4. Add yeast mixture and egg whites. Beat well.
5. Add enough flour to make a soft... - 41.7019
Honey Oatmeal Bread
Pour the boiling water over the rolled oats in a large mixing bowl.
Add oil, salt, and honey.
Let stand until cooled to lukewarm.
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
Let stand until bubbly.
Combine flours and wheat germ.
Stir yeast mixture into oatmeal in mixing... - 46.4325
Sesame Oatmeal Bread
Cook oats in 2 cups water according to package instructions. Let cool to lukewarm.
Toast sesame seeds over medium heat in an ungreased skillet until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Set aside.
Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add... - 37.9408
Mrs Rogers Oatmeal Bread
Place oats in a large bowl; pour boiling water over and add sorghum, margarine, and salt.
Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, combine yeast, warm water, and honey.
When oat mixture is cool, stir in wheat germ, flours, bran, nutritional yeast, and yeast... - 46.6957
1. Put the millet, water, and salt to taste in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the cooked millet and turn into an oiled 9- by 5- by 3-inch... - 30.2714
Granola mix is a very handy and useful mix to have at hand whether ou want it for breakfast cereal or muffins. The assorted flavors and ingredients makes the granola mix very special and delicious. It is crunchy, flavorful and full of the goodness of whole... - 46.9715
Beat egg yolks with honey.
Add rest of ingredients.
Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
Turn into well-oiled loaf pan.
Bake at 300Â° F., about 1 1/2 hours. - 29.3537
Cauliflower With Garlic Crumb Topping
Steam head of cauliflower whole, using as little water as possible, until it is tender but firm (approximately 20 to 30 minutes).
Saute garlic, crumbs and wheat germ in butter until golden brown.
Spoon over cauliflower, top with chopped parsley and... - 27.8024
Blend all ingredients together.
If mixture is dry, moisten with small amount of stock. - 30.5825
Baked Crisp Zucchini Sticks
Zucchini always makes great dish! In this video, you will see how to turn zucchini into a snack! Coated sticks of this delicious vegetable get baked and make a really healthy snack. A simple recipe that is ready in minutes! Watch and learn. - 100.958
1) In a bowl mix all other ingredients except bread.
2) Soak the bread in a mixture until soft.
3) In a skillet heat butter or oil.
4) Saute slowly until golden brown on both sides.
5) Serve with applesauce or with yogurt. - 35.9052
Cottage Cheese Cake
Mix bread crumbs and wheat germ with oil and 2 tablespoons honey.
Spread half this mixture on bottoms and sides of 9-inch spring-form pan.
Beat eggs, salt and cinnamon with remaining 2 tablespoons honey.
Add rest of ingredients.
Beat thoroughly and strain... - 42.1891
Stuffed Baked Squash
Cut squash in half.
Remove seeds and membranes.
Arrange cut side down in shallow pan.
Fill pan 1/4 inch high with water.
Bake at 400Â° F. for 30 minutes.
Remove from pan.
Blend remaining ingredients together.
Stuff mixture into cavity of squash.
Arrange... - 40.1676
Onion And Cheese Toast
Toast the slices of bread and spread with the butter.
Peel, dice and saute the onions in the oil until translucent.
Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
Coarsely grate the cheese and mix with the cooled onions, the pepper and parsley (setting aside a few... - 35.7769
Swiss Chard Almond Loaf
Wash, chop and steam greens for 5 minutes using only the amount of water which clings to them after being washed.
Saute onion and garlic in oil.
Grind almonds in blender.
Combine almonds, crumbs, wheat germ, egg, greens, sauteed onions and garlic.
Add... - 41.4277
Kale And Brown Rice
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Wash kale, remove leaves, and steam until almost tender.
3) Oil an ovenproof casserole.
1) Combine cooked rice, cheese, and eggs.
2) Add parsley and pepper.
3) In the casserole, arrange alternate layers of... - 44.3496
No Bake Crispy Oat Bars
Want to keep your snacks healthy and yet easy - here is the perfect recipe which will guide you to prepare the healthy oat bar, without requiring any oven for baking. Watch the video and learn the secret of healthy living. It's all here. - 65.1252
Danish Apple Cake
If using cracker or bread crumbs, you may want to add wheat germ, sesame seeds or ground almonds.
There should be 4 cups of crumbs including any additions.
In heavy skillet, saute crumbs lightly in butter and oil, stirring constantly.
Add honey and cinnamon... - 42.0748
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and egg, yogurt, syrup, tahini and vanilla in another
2. Add wet ingredients to the dry ones, stir till just combined and place half the batter in a lightly oiled 8"X8" baking pan
3. Make rows... - 44.8312
These fish patties make incredible appetizers ! An amazing fry of trout, seabass and bluefish blend, it tastes the best with some savory sauces poured over ! Try these fish patties and let me know if you like them ! - 42.4276
In a small saucepan boil the potato in 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) water until tender.
Process cooked potato plus water in a blender on low speed.
You should have 2 cups (500 ml) of potato-water mixture; add water, if necessary.
While the potato-water mixture is... - 42.1213
Buzz the cauliflower and 1/2 cup stock in the blender until it's very smooth. You should have about 2 cups of puree.
Stir the grated cheese, peanuts, brewer's yeast, soy flour, wheat germ, and nutmeg into the puree; turn the mixture into an oiled 2-quart... - 33.4995
Crackling Brown Rolls
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine a cup of flour with yeast, bran, wheat germ, lecithin granules and bone meal
2. In a medium saucepan, mix together cottage cheese, oil, water and honey and stir till lukewarm over medium flame
3. Add it to the dry... - 38.4919
1) Chop the mushrooms and onion.
2) In a heavy skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in hot oil.
3) Saute for 10-15 minutes until mushrooms and onion release all the liquid and gets evaporated.
3) Add bread crumbs, tamari, parsley, wheat... - 43.1454
1. In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, rye flour, rye meal, soy flour, wheat germ, salt, and caraway seeds. Mix very well.
2. Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of water. Mix the remaining water with the molasses. Add the yeast mixture to the molasses... - 44.5963
1) Preheat oven to 250°.
2) Use the mill to grind wheat, barley, rye and millet all together.
3) Separately grind corn to medium fine.
4) In a bowl, combine all ingredients with fork or fingers to form small granules as in case of pastry... - 48.4323
Cranberry Granola Power Bars
Preheat oven to 350°.
Crush the walnuts in a plastic bag using a heavy object or chop very fine using a chef’s knife.
On a baking sheet, spread the walnuts, oats, wheat germ, flax seed, sunflower seeds. Toast in the oven for about 7-10 minutes. Make... - 36.2022
Stir the flours together. Toast them over medium heat in a heavy cast iron frying pan or dutch oven. No oil is needed. Toast them until they are well browned, but not too dark. Watch carefully because once the flour gets hot it browns fast. Stir often.
Put... - 41.0355
Buckwheat Mushroom Pate
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in the kasha, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until the kasha is fluffy and the water is absorbed; set aside, covered.
2. Brush a 9 x 4-inch glass loaf pan with 1... - 43.5645
Sunshine French Toast
Using whole-grain bread is the perfect way to make a healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner item. This recipe uses orange juice and orange zest to add a hint of sweetness with a pop of flavor.
This recipe is straight out of the Quick and Healthy Recipe booklet,... - 0
Crusty Oven Baked Fish
This Crusty oven baked fish is so delicious ! Enjoy this crispy fish bake as an appetizer or snack with savory sauces and let me know if you like it !Your suggestions for this Crusty oven baked fish are welcome ! - 42.3966