- » White Turnip
White Turnip Recipes
Enjoy our collection of white turnip recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for white turnip recipes.
Peel turnips and cut into small pieces.
Place in medium saucepan with boiling salted water to barely cover.
Simmer, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
Mash turnips; add remaining ingredients. - 25.3955
Beef And Turnip Soup
Looking out for Beef And Turnip Soup recipes? The Beef And Turnip Soup I have furnished below will interest you for sure. Try it today! - 27.4344
1. Scrub the turnips thoroughly and cut them in quarters.
2. Cook, covered in 1 cup boiling water 10 to 15 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat the butter or margarine, sugar, salt and mace. Place the drained turnips in this mixture and shake the pan over very low heat... - 27.4938
Boil turnips in salted water until they are tender and water has boiled off.
Add apple juice and continue boiling (uncovered) until juice has been absorbed.
Add butter and shake pot constantly, turning the turnips until all are coated and shiny golden brown. - 24.0073
Turnips And Turnip Greens With Ginger And Garlic
1) In a vegetable steamer place the turnips and steam over boiling water, by covering for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Do not overcook. Place the turnips aside.
2) In a large flameproof casserole, add oil and heat over low heat.... - 44.3755
Scrub 12 small round white turnips (if they are young it is not necessary to peel them), grate them in strips.
Sprinkle them with juice of 1 lemon.
Store in a plastic bag in refrigerator.
To serve, sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
Put them in a... - 25.3182
1. Start oven, set at 375° F., Moderate. Rub a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with butter or margarine.
2. Drain the turnips and slice them.
3. Arrange a layer of them in the bottom of the baking dish, sprinkle lightly with some of the salt and mace, then with a... - 30.797
Chinese New Year Turnip Cake
Happy Lunar New Year everyone! Gong Hei Fat Choi! Wrap your sleeves up for the ultimate Chinese tradition - Making law bak gow ("Turnip Cake" in Cantonese) for your fam bam to start off the Lunar New Year with good fortune!!! This is to show you how to make... - 151.467
1. Peel the turnips and cut them into 1/2-inch cubes. Bring about 1 inch of lightly salted water to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Add the turnips, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a 1-quart saucepan, and add the... - 27.4093
Easy Pickled Turnips
Peel turnips and cut crosswise in thin slices not more than 1/4 inch thick.
Mix with salt and let stand 1 hour.
Drain and rinse thoroughly with water.
Bring remaining ingredients to boil.
Add turnips and simmer 2 minutes.
Cool. - 30.9011
Parsley Turnips And Carrots
Cook turnips and carrots together in 1/2" boiling salted water, covered, for 20 min., or until tender.
Meanwhile, melt butter, and add remaining ingredients.
Pour over vegetables, and mix lightly with a fork. - 22.6351
Peel turnips, quarter them, and cook, covered, in plenty of boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
Drain well and return to the heat for a few minutes to dry.
Crush with a fork or a potato masher, add the butter and stir over low heat until... - 20.3225
Mixed Cheese & Turnips Au Gratin
Grease casserole with oil.
Layer onions, turnips, and cheeses in casserole.
Beat eggs, adding wine and putting in spices.
Pour liquids over casserole and place cheese on top.
Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours at 350 degrees, or until turnips are tender. - 37.1259
Peel turnips and blanch by parboiling in salt water for about 10 minutes.
Rinse and return to a saucepan with enough rich, seasoned chicken broth or consomme to cover; add sugar and cook until turnips are tender.
When tender, stir in butter.
Just before... - 34.522
Buttery Grated Turnips
1) Using a medium grater, grate the turnips.
2) In a medium skillet, over low heat cook turnip in water for 15 minutes, until tender.
3) Then, to evaporate liquid, cook, uncovered, over very low heat, 5 minutes.
4) Remove the skillet... - 43.9051
Wash and peel turnips and beets.
Cut turnips as though to make 1/4-inch slices but leave attached at one end of each turnip.
Soak in water overnight.
Wash, and place in jar or jars with all other ingredients for at least 3 days.
These lightly pickled... - 34.2073
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
2) Take a shallow earthenware casserole dish and butter it.
3) Line the turnip slices inside the casserole and dot with butter.
4) Over the turnips, evenly pour the hot cream. Season with thyme, salt and... - 35.2103
Turnips, Lucerne Style
Cut the turnips into julienne strips.
Wash and drain.
Cook them in about 3/4 of an inch of boiling salted water until barely tender.
In a frying pan, cook the bacon until it is limp.
Add the onion and cook, stirring constantly, until soft and... - 38.9444
1) Wash the turnips and pare them.
2) Cut each of them into quarters.
4) In a small saucepan, put 1 inch boiling water, place the turnips combined with salt and onion.
5) Cover the saucepan and cook turnips for 25 to 30 minutes, or until... - 44.0601
Savory Stuffed Turnips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
3. To prepare the turnips wash and pare them and cut thin slice off root and stem ends.
4. In large saucepan cook turnips in 1 inch boiling, salted water for 20 to 25... - 44.1149
Mix turnips with salt, pepper, and water.
Heat butter until hot.
Add turnip mixture and cook slowly until lightly browned. - 17.877
Cook turnips as in Time Table, drain and combine with remaining ingredients in a saucepan and heat well. - 18.1711
Cook turnips in water with lemon juice until just tender; cool.
Scoop out centers; stuff turnips with beets.
Dot with butter; place in shallow baking dish.
Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Serve garnished with parsley. - 23.1222
1. Combine turnip, butter or margarine, sugar, cereal, salt, pepper, nutmeg and milk in a medium-size bowl; mix until well blended. Spoon into 6 buttered, 6-ounce custard cups.
2. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes, or until tops are golden. - 24.139
Turnips A La Francaise
Pan cook and mash the turnip, add the egg, the 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of butter, the savory, salt and pepper to taste.
Beat together until well blended.
Place in a buttered baking dish in a mound.
Make a white sauce with the 3 tablespoons (50 mL) butter, flour... - 39.2572
Duck And Turnips
Brown off ducks and put in a pot big enough to cook the whole dish.
Make a roux with the flour and oil.
After the roux is made, stir in the chopped onions, celery, and bell pepper and cook until the vegetables are clear.
Add the water, wine, and other... - 36.4979
Backbone And Turnips In A Bag
Shake up flour in bag.
Salt and pepper backbone and put into bag.
Put turnips, parsley, onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in bag.
Mix Lea & Perrins, soy sauce, Kitchen Bouquet, wine, bitters, and water and pour in bag.
Salt to taste.
Seal bag and punch... - 39.2966
Lemony Pickled Turnips
1. Trim all but 3/4 inch (2 cm) of stem from turnips, reserving greens. Peel tur'-nips from bottom to top, leaving 3/4 -inch (2-cm) length of stem intact. Wash well in cold water, separating stems at base to remove any trapped dirt. (A toothpick works well.)... - 24.1913
Peel rutabagas and turnips; cut into small cubes.
Cook bacon in heavy skillet until crisp; remove from pan.
Add onion to bacon fat in skillet; cook until tender.
Add water, salt, and pepper; bring to boil.
Combine rutabagas, turnips, and... - 35.3023
1) Grease the 6 custard cups of 6-ounce with butter.
2) In a medium-size bowl, combine all the ingredeints and mix well.
3) In the custard cups, spoon the mixture.
4) In moderate oven at temperature 350°, bake the cups for 30 minutes or... - 39.551
Easy Mashed Turnip
Cook turnips and onion in a small amount of lightly salted, boiling water over moderate heat for 30 to 40 minutes, until tender.
Drain thoroughly and mash.
Stir in butter or margarine, and salt and peppers.
Place over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes to evaporate... - 25.1021
Carrot And Turnip Puree
Place the carrots and turnip in a pan, barely cover with water and boil until tender.
Put the cooked vegetables in a food processor and puree with the butter, salt and pepper until soft and smooth.
Alternatively, mash them by hand. - 18.3739
Orange Glazed Turnips
1) Cut the turnips in half along the length and then crosswise into 1/4-inch half-rounds.
2) In a medium saucepan, place the turnip slices.
3) Pour in orange juice and place the saucepan over moderate heat.
4) Bring the liquid to a... - 43.6927
Braised Turnips With Black Mushrooms
1) With a cup of boiling water, cover the mushrooms and allow them to soak for about 30 minutes.
2) Peel the turnips and cup them into cubes of 1-inch each.
3) In a large saucepan which has been fitted with a vegetable steamer, add about... - 40.526
If turnip and white sauce are freshly prepared, combine and cool, then mix in the next five ingredients.
Add beaten egg yolks and fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
Spread in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole and bake in a pan of hot water at 325F for 1 hour. - 24.9957
Turnip Carrot Cabbage Slaw
Toss vegetables together gently with a mixture of salt, pepper, and mayonnaise until vegetables are evenly coated.
Chill, covered, in refrigerator until ready - 25.161
Stir Fried Minced Fish And Chinese Turnip
Stir Fried Minced Fish And Chinese Turnip dish is truly delicious. I knew turnips and fish fillets do blend perfectly wth one another and that is what prompted me to try out this Stir Fried Minced Fish And Chinese Turnip recipe. Do try it! - 37.7984
If turnip and white sauce are freshly prepared, combine and cool, then mix in the next five ingredients.
Add beaten egg yolks and fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
Spread in a greased casserole and bake in a pan of hot water at 325F(160C) for 1 hour. - 27.3129
1. Cook the turnips in the beef broth until tender. Drain, reserving the liquid.
2. Rub the turnips through a sieve or food mill, or puree in an electric blender.
3. Add the reserved broth to the pureed turnips and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, add... - 26.1214
Turnip And Lime Juice Relish
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine lemon juice and salt and mix well.
2. Add turnips and coat evenly.
3. Cling wrap or foil wrap and marinate at room temperature for minimum 3 hours.
4. Before service, add harissa and mix well.
5. Serve as an... - 35.5393
Turnip And Carrot Pot
1) Use butter to grease the bottom and sides of a slow cooker.
2) Combine together the salt and vegetables and turn the mixture into the cooker.
3) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
4) In case there is liquid in the cooker's bottom,... - 34.0818
Turnip Casserole is an amazingly delicious version of side dish. An easy to prepare recipe, Turnip Casserole is a dish that you will surely love to talk about with us. - 30.8006
Beetroot Celeriac And Turnip Salad
1. In a mixing bowl combine grated celeriac, turnic and beetroot.
2. In a screw-top jar put all the dressing ingredients. Mix well by shaking.
3. Season the dressing with pepper.
4. Serve beetroot salad with dressing. - 42.2832
Cook onion in butter until just tender.
Add flour; blend well.
Add turnips, salt, sugar, pepper and beaten egg yolks; stir well.
Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into turnip mixture.
Pour into buttered casserole.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40... - 29.9724
Pork And Small Turnip Pot
Preheat the oven to 350° F. [180° C.].
In a skillet, brown the pork cubes in half of the butter.
Remove and place the cubes in a heavy, deep casserole or a pot with a lid.
In the same skillet, brown the turnips in the rest of the butter.
Sprinkle with... - 43.2433
Marjoram Scented Turnip Spoon Bread
1. Butter a 9-inch-square baking dish. In a medium saucepan, steam the turnips over 1 inch of boiling water until very tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Transfer the turnips to a food processor. Add the butter and marjoram and puree until smooth, about 1 minute.... - 33.8998
Turnip Water Pickle
Crush, pound, or grind the mustard seeds coarsely, so that they split at least in half, using either a heavy mortar and pestle or an Indian grinding stone.
In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil; Add salt to the water.
Peel the turnips and place in... - 35.9578
Carrot Turnip Salad With Cumin Lime Dressing
1 To prepare the dressing: In a food processor or blender, whirl the limejuice, oil, parsley, cumin, salt, and pepper for 30 seconds or until the parsley is minced.
2 To prepare the salad: Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over moderately high heat.... - 28.7763
Scalloped Turnips And Peas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a greased casserole, arrange turnips and peas in layers.
3. Top with white sauce.
4. Cover top with crumbs and cheese.
5. Season with paprika and salt.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25... - 43.4011
Steamed Turnip Stuffed With Ground Meat
1. In a small bowl, mix together ground meats, ginger, and all the seasoning ingredients, and stir well to mix.
2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
3. Cut the turnip into 8 slices, about 1 centimetre thick.
4. Using a round mould... - 81.2001
French Turnip Soup
1. Remove the skin of turnip and dice them properly. Rinse them by running under the cold water.
2. Get rid of the roots and coarsely halve the outer leaves from the leek, and rinse them by running thoroughly under the cold water and get rid of all... - 46.7139
Cook the turnips and potatoes in separate saucepans until tender.
In a large bowl mash them together with 4 tablespoons of the butter.
Let the mixture cool.
In a small skillet heat the remaining butter and saute the onion and green pepper.
Preheat... - 39.819
Peel turnip, chop into 1/2" cubes.
Place in a saucepan with the stock.
Bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes.
Drain, reserving stock for another use, such as soup.
Mash the turnips very well.
There should be about 3... - 44.5813
Place turnips, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and sugar in a saucepan; cover with water.
Cover and cook until turnips are tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain well and mash (do not add milk or butter).
In another saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour and... - 38.8512
Grated Turnips With Leeks And Peppers
1) Boil a pot of water and add the grated turnip to it.
2) Boil once again and continue to gently boil for about 5 minutes. Drain well.
3) In the pot, melt half of the butter and add the leek. Saute till it is soft.
4) Mix the drained turnips with the... - 41.2667
Turnip Greens With Cornmeal Dumplings
Dice salt pork, cutting to but not through rind.
Wash and trim greens.
Peel and quarter turnips.
In large kettle bring the water to boiling.
Add salt pork, greens, turnips, and 1 teaspoon salt.
Simmer, covered, 2 hours.
Remove 1 cup cooking liquid.
Stir... - 37.7382
Turnip And Onion Puree
Combine the turnip, onion, and potato in a saucepan and add water to cover.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are fork tender.
Drain and transfer the vegetables to a food processor or blender.
Add the... - 34.1266
Turnips With Apples
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine turnips, applesauce, butter, sugar, salt, pepper and eggs; mix well.
3. Butter an 8x8-inch (20-cm) baking dish.
4. Pour half the turnip mixture into the dish, top with apple slices and cover with... - 27.5628
Turnips With Mustard Greens
In a wide frying pan, combine turnips, vinegar, water, and sugar.
Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; boil just until turnips are tender-crisp to bite (about 3 minutes).
Uncover and quickly mix in sesame seeds, oil, and mustard greens.
Stir just until... - 28.9854
Poached Turnip Tops
1 Trim the turnip tops, removing the larger stalks and ribs.
2 If you are using sprouting broccoli, cut the larger pieces in half.
3 Wash well.
4 Peel the onion and cut lengthwise in half.
5 Slice both halves as thinly as... - 40.3683
Saute De Navets Lyonaise
1. Peel the turnips. Cut them in quarter and smoothen their edges.
2. In a pan og boiling salted water, cook the turnips for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. In a saute pan, melt some butter.
4. Add onions. Cover and cook them over low flame until... - 43.3894
Crawfish And Turnip Casserole
Mix all ingredients in a big bowl until well blended.
Put in greased casserole dishes and bake at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. - 33.5716
Turnip Radish And Romaine Salad
Combine turnips, celery, radishes, and romaine in a large bowl.
Blend oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together.
Pour over salad.
Toss. - 29.639
Rabbit And Turnip Etouffee
Put all ingredients together and cook on low heat covered for several hours.
Serve over rice. - 28.2285
Acorn Squash And Turnip Soup
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Place the squash in a foil-lined baking pan. Rub the exposed areas with 1/2 tablespoon of the butter and bake until fork tender, about 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, in a large flameproof casserole, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter... - 38.3885
Salat Iz Repy I Ogurtzov
1) Let the turnip slices chill in the refrigerator.
2) Peel the cucumbers and slice them into 1/2-thick pieces.
3) Tranfer the chilled turnips into a bowl. Drizzle a little lemon juice over the turnips. Add in the cucumber slices along... - 35.2619
Puree Of Turnip Soup
Melt butter; cook turnips, potatoes, and onion gently until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Sprinkle in a little flour; blend thoroughly.
Pour in stock; mix well; bring to boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes.
Put into electric blender or food processor; blend... - 35.5674
Beetroot And Turnip Water Pickle
Boil the salt, sugar and water.
Add the vinegar.
Place the turnips, beetroot and garlic into a large bowl.
Sprinkle on the sea salt and leave covered, for at least 2 hours.
Drain off the liquid and rub off the excess salt.
Put the vegetables along with... - 39.3794
Sweet Turnip And Carrot Pickle
The sweet turnip and carrot pickle is a vegetable pickle. Made with shalgam and gajar, as popularly known in India, the sweet turnip and carrot pickle is a cooked pickle and is flavored with spices like ginger, garlic, cumin and chili peppers along with... - 37.7852
Cured Pork And Salt Turnip Pot
In a heavy, covered casserole, sweat the onions in the lard without letting them color.
Distribute half of the turnips in a layer on the onions, then add the meats and the garlic and cover with the remaining turnips.
Pour in the wine and water.
Cover tightly... - 35.1824
Potato Turnip Puree
1) In a large saucepan, place the turnips and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
2) Cover the saucepan, reduce the heat and gently simmer for about 20 minutes, till the turnips are soft.
3) Drain the turnips and place them in the container of a food... - 41.5316
Pumpkin Turnip Soup With Cinnamon Croutons
1. Combine the turnips, broth, pumpkin, water, salt, ginger, 1/8 teaspoon of the cinnamon, the nutmeg, and pepper in a medium saucepan; whisk in the milk. Heat slowly and bring just to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, combine the margarine,... - 33.0649
Turnip Casserole With Shrimp
Layer turnips, cheese, shrimp (or crawfish), fish, onions, bacon, and bread crumbs.
Make 2 layers.
Beat eggs and blend with rest of ingredients.
Pour this mixture over the layers in the dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. - 37.9765
Squash And Turnip Souffle
Preheat oven to 450Â° F.
In work bowl of food processor combine squash, turnips, and margarine and, using an on-off motion, process until pureed; transfer to medium mixing bowl.
Stir in egg yolks, flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; set aside.
Using... - 36.4546