- » White Stew
White Stew Recipes
Enjoy our collection of white stew recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for white stew recipes.
Beef Stew With Apples And White Wine
This Beef Stew with Apples and White Wine is so novel ! Make this Beef Stew with Apples and White Wine in a jiffy for your guests this weekend and feel free to comment on it ! - 41.6786
White Bean And Tomato Stew
In a heavy 6 quart Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over moderate heat fo 1 minute; add the onions, garlic, and celery, and cook, uncovered, unti the onion and celery are soft 5 to 8 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, yellow squash, lima beans, wine, bay leaf, thyme,... - 33.2809
1. If frozen fish is being used, thaw fish and remove the skin.
2. In a saucepan mix together fish, water, parsley, garlic, and the 1-teaspoon salt; bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 3 minutes or till... - 48.6152
In 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish cook whiting, water, parsley, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, covered, at MEDIUM HIGH (7) for 6 to 8 minutes or till fish flakes easily.
Strain stock from fish and reserve.
Carefully remove and discard bones... - 43.7309
Shrimp And White Bean Stew
Shrimp And White Bean Stew is an amazingly delicious easy to prepare recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. Try this Shrimp And White Bean Stew dish; I am sure you will get a huge fan following for this! - 39.7446
White Wine Beef Stew
Who says red wine must always be paired with beef? In this video, Robin cooks a simple, garlicky beef and potato stew from the food and travel website. Watch and learn, folks. And as always, enjoy. - 98.4281
Stewed Apples In White Wine
Peel and core apples and cut into thick wedges.
Melt butter in skillet which has a lid.
Add apples and saute until golden; drizzle honey over apples.
Add water, wine, salt, lemon peel, and nutmeg.
Cover and simmer until apples are just tender, about 20... - 33.6756
Gingered Beef Stew With White Beans And Apricots
1 In a small bowl, soakthe apricots in the hot waterfor 30 minutes.
Drain, reserving both the soaking liquid and the apricots.
2 In a 5-quart Dutch oven or large heavy saucepan, heat the oil over moderately high heat.
Add the beef and saute for 4 minutes or... - 41.7847
White Beans Stew
Simple and appetizing are the only two words for this white beans stew. It calls for an effortless cooking and gets ready in a jiffy if your beans are cooked. The fragrant spices and the fresh herbs gives it the extra lush. Watch the video for details. - 116.279
Estouffat White Bean Stew
(1) Heat a large skillet or kettle over a medium flame.
(2) Add salt pork and sauté until evenly browned.
(3) Drain on paper toweling and keep aside
(4) To the pork fat, add onion and sauté for 6-8 minutes until lightly browned
(5) Tip in the... - 39.66
Winter Squash And White Bean Stew
1) In a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients together.
2) Cover the cooker and cook over high heat for about 1 hour. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 2 to 3 hours.
3) Serve hot. - 37.225
Beef Stew With Apples And White Wine
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the beef in it.
2) Transfer the meat in slow cooker along with garlic, carrots, onions, salt, and wine.
3) Stream the cider in non-stick pan, heat and stir to remove the browned bits.
4) Pour... - 42.5844
Chicken And White Bean Stew
GETTING READY 1) Arrange all the ingredients and utensils well in advance. MAKING 2) In a large pan, heat the oil and fry the... - 32.0205
Chicken And White Bean Stew
Pour olive oil into a Dutch oven.
Set on medium-high heat and add chicken thighs, skin side down.
While they brown, cut the potatoes into 1-inch chunks and add to the pan.
Peel and mince garlic and add to pan.
When chicken is a deep brown, turn it over and... - 37.941
Holiday Oyster And White Wine Stew
Drain oysters, reserving 2 cups liquid.
Set oysters and reserved liquid aside.
Cook mushrooms, celery, and green onions in butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
Reduce heat to low; add flour.
Cook, stirring... - 38.2526
Rabbit And White Wine Stew
Sprinkle the flour on a plate.
Season generously; roll the rabbit1 pieces in the flour to coat lightly.
Heat the olive oil in a large casserole set over a medium heat.
Brown the rabbit all over, being careful not to overcrowd the pan, or the pieces will stew... - 44.1554
Southwestern White Bean, Bulgur And Vegetable Stew
1. In a pot cover the beans with water bring to a boil, reduce the heat, simmer the beans until they are tender, approximately 45 minutes, drain the beans and set them aside.
2. In the empty pot bring the 1 1/4 cups of water to a boil, add 1/2 teaspoon... - 46.9723
Zesty Brunswick Stew
If you are looking for a mindblowing partner to serve up with hot biscuits, this Brunswick Stew can prove to be a perfect choice ! Just try out this irresistible okra, lima beans and chicken casserole and tell me if you like it ! Your suggestions for the... - 37.1532
Basic Brown Or White Stew
Cut the meat in pieces, removing as much fat as possible.
Prepare and slice or dice the vegetables.
Put the flour in a paper or polythene bag and shake the meat in it until well coated.
Heat the fat or oil and fry the meat brown; add the vegetables and fry... - 34.9057
Fish Stew White
1. Clean and cut fish into neat pieces.
2. Grate coconut and make three extractions of milk (thick, medium, thin).
3. Slice onions lengthwise. Slit green chillies, slice ginger.
4. In a pan arrange fish and onions, chillies and ginger and curry leaves in... - 46.1349
Easy White Chicken Stew
1) With a knife trim the chicken joints.
2) In a saucepan put the chicken with onions.
3) Pour stock on it and boil simmering for 1-1 1/2 hours till done.
4) With a strainer, strain chicken broth separating chicken and onion.
5) Boil the... - 40.3548
Ancona Fish Stew
The ancona fish stew is a european recipe for an assorted fish stew made with white wine and onions and delicately flavored with saffron. Served hot, the ancona fish stew can be enjoyed with crusted fried bread or soft and toasted bread rolls. - 35.3075
Heat oil and add meat, cooking until browned on all sides.
Add sugar and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Pour off fat and sprinkle meat with flour and cook until brown, stirring constantly.
Add water, bouillon, onion, bay leaf, thyme, and salt.
Bring to... - 34.5413
Chicken Cacciatore With White Wine
Looking for a healthy and savory chicken recipe? Take a look at this scrumptious Chicken Cacciatore with a little spin. The chef here adds roasted mushrooms instead of sautéed mushrooms which gives a really nice color and flavor to the dish. This is so... - 120.683
1. In a pot over medium high heat, add oil, garlic and saute it for 2 minutes. Add water and stir.
2. Add in the chicken bouillon, red bell pepper, navy beans, chicken slices, green bell pepper, corn, green chillies, onions, celery. stir well for 2... - 115.121
Forester's Wife Beef Stew
Wash and dry the beef with a cloth and then cut into small cubes.
Heat 2 oz. lard in a large frying pan.
Add meat, fry over a fierce flame, stirring with a fork.
After frying for a few mins., add the chopped onion and garlic.
Continue frying, add salt and... - 41.6254
Make the Court Bouillon or Stock by mixing all the ingredients and simmering for 20 minutes, strain .and set aside.
Flake the cooked lobster in the top of a double boiler and heat for 5 minutes with the butter.
Saute the finely sliced mushrooms in a little... - 38.2209
Apple Pork Vegetable Stew
Melt margarine in heavy skillet or Dutch oven.
Add meat and brown well.
Add onions and seasonings.
Bring to boil, cover and simmer while preparing potatoes and apples.
Sprinkle meat and onions with flour.
Add vegetable juice and bring to boil, stirring.
Add... - 37.4093
1) Dip the veal in the flour, coating thoroughly. Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over a medium flame. Remove bacon to paper towel, and brown the veal, one-half at a time, in the bacon drippings. Remove veal when browned.
2) In the same Dutch oven, cook the onions... - 25.3038
Cheese Oyster Stew
Oyster Stew has a Matchless tasteThe Milk and Cheese gives the Oyster Stew Revitalizing taste. - 35.9166
Hearty Chicken & Vegetable Stew
Cut off roots and trim leaf ends of leeks; cut each leek lengthwise in half and separate leaves.
Rinse well with cold running water to remove any sand.
Cut leeks crosswise into 3/4 inch pieces.
Cut root end and stalks from fennel bulb; discard.
Cut bulb... - 43.3451
Red Kidney Bean And Corn Chicken Stew
Combine chicken, onion, celery and water in a saucepan.
Add salt and pepper.
Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Remove from heat, cool and skim fat.
Remove chicken, strain liquid.
Wipe out pan.
Cut chicken into chunks, discarding any... - 40.5031
Creamy Lobster Stew
1. Melt butter and add flour, stirring until smooth.
2. Add cream gradually.
3. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat. Season.
5. Add lobster meat cut into small pieces. The stew should have the consistency of a fairly thick white... - 36.5306
This lovely and healthy fish stew recipe is prepared along with vegetables in fish stock and white wine. Simmered together with carrots and onions, this fish stew is flavored with orange peel, garlic and fennel and makes for a comforting meal when served with... - 37.5407
Wine Simmered Beef And Vegetables
Wine simmered beef and vegetables is cooked in equal parts of white wine with water. Herbed with basil and marjoram, the wine simmered beef is hearty, filling and very flavorful. - 43.5802
Cream butter with flour, mashed hard-cooked egg yolks (reserve whites and chop), mustard, salt, pepper, and cayenne, beating until mixture is smooth.
Slowly add enough hot milk to make a thin paste.
Pour paste into the remaining hot milk and bring just to the... - 37.3014
1. In a big pot over camp fire, Heat water, add black beans, chopped onions and potatoes and meat. Let it simmer for a while.
2. Add tomatoes, carrots, corn and peppers. Stir for a while.
3. Add green beans and red currant jelly. Close the lid and let... - 0
Mediterranean Fish Stew
Combine broth ingredients in 4-quart saucepan; simmer 1 hour.
Strain; reserve broth.
Meanwhile, cook onion and garlic in wine and water until soft.
Add broth and potatoes; simmer 30 minutes.
While potatoes are cooking, sprinkle fish with lemon juice; add to... - 37.484
Saute green onions in butter in a Dutch oven until onions are tender.
Add remaining ingredients to onion mixture.
Cook over low heat until edges of oysters begin to curl and mixture is hot, but not boiling. - 26.0218
Put the mussels into a large frying pan with the wine.
Cover the pan and cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
Transfer the mussels to a deep serving dish, discarding any that have not opened, and keep warm.
Strain the cooking liquid.
Melt the butter in a... - 45.1092
Pork Stew With Gremolata
1 Combine the flour and pepper in a plastic food storage 1 bag.
Add the pork and shake to coat.
Remove the pork from the bag, shaking off the excess flour, and reserve the flour.
In a 5-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high... - 41.0897
Quick Tomato-fish Stew
Heat oil in a kettle.
Add onion and garlic and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
Add tomatoes and garbanzos and bring to boiling.
Add flaked fish, reduce heat, and cook about 15 minutes longer.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with pickled hot... - 31.3379
Fish Roe Stew
This Fish Roe Stew makes my lunch a much- awaited fare. Stewed fish dishes taste good with rice ! Try out this Fish Roe Stew and tell me if you like it ! - 41.8796
Vegetable Stew With Lobster
Vegetable stew with lobster is a a very savory and delicious stew made with fresh veggies and mushrooms. Herbed and spiced with nutmeg, this seafood and vegetable stew is great for parties or special family occasions too. - 40.7218
The gulliver stew is a favorful and savory beef stew made with a touch of burgundy wine. Spiced with cloves and allspice, the gulliver beef stew has fresh vegetables in it and can be served over rice or with dinner breads. - 38.5034
Savory Seafood Stew
The savory seafood stew is a mixed seafood medley. Cooked in Italian dressing and wine mix, the seafood stew has sliced onions in it. Easily prepared, the seafood is quickly prepared and is a treat for all beach food lovers. Served with or over rice, it makes... - 32.4681
On sheet of wax paper or a paper plate combine flour, salt, and pepper; dredge veal cubes in seasoned flour, coating all sides.
In 2-quart saucepan heat margarine until bubbly and hot; add veal cubes and saute until lightly browned on all sides.
Add shallots... - 35.2654
1. Scrub the mussels well, rinse through several clean waters. Cover them with cold water, add 1 teaspoon salt; soak 20 minutes.
2. Drain mussels and place in a heavy kettle with the onion, pepper, oil, wine, bay leaf and peppercorns. Cover the kettle, set it... - 29.1447
Irish Lamb Stew
This Irish lamb stew is a flavorful meat stew cooked with vegetables. Herbed and spiced with garlic, the Irish lamb stew is filling and hearty and can be cooked with assorted vegetables of choice too. - 41.9503
Fisherman S Stew
Cut fillets so you will have 6 pieces.
Heat oil and garlic in a large, deep frying pan; fry salmon 3 minutes on each side.
Sprinkle over the thyme, basil, rosemary, allspice, pepper, salt, onion, celery, parsley, and cayenne.
Pour in clam broth and wine and... - 41.8141
Rustic Turkey And Macaroni Stew
Cut turkey into 1-inch pieces, and sprinkle with pepper.
Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; add olive oil.
Place over medium heat until hot.
Add turkey, and cook until turkey is browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
Drain and pat dry with paper... - 42.1826
Deviled Beef Kidney Stew
1. Cut kidney into 1-inch chunks, removing membrane and hard white parts. In 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat vinegar, 4 cups water, and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling. Add kidney; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Drain and... - 33.3356
Beef And Vegetable Stew
1. Cut beef into 1-inch pieces.
2. In hot oil in Dutch oven, over medium heat, brown one-third meat at a time (just enough to cover bottom of pan) until browned on all sides and remove as browned.
3. Saute adding chopped onion, green... - 44.8504
West Coast Bouillabaisse
In a Dutch oven saute onions, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes.
Stir in broth, tomatoes with juice, clams with juice, wine, Worcestershire, thyme, hot pepper sauce and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and... - 40.5119
1. Melt margarine. Remove from heat.
2. Using a French whip, gradually add flour, mixing until smooth. Add milk, stirring.
3. Heat slowly; continue mixing until thickened.
4. Add salt, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce.
5. In a separate pot, simmer... - 36.1127
Meat And Yogurt Stew
Place the meat and onions in a saucepan, add salt, pepper and cinnamon stick.
Cover with water bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the meat is very tender and most of the water has been evaporated.
If too much water is left after the meat is cooked,... - 38.0135
Fry out salt pork and add to bacon.
Combine onion, peppers and garlic; saute'.
Add celery, tomatoes, sugar and bay leaf.
Simmer 10 minutes.
Add crabmeat, salt and pepper.
Simmer 20 minutes.
The flavor is developed if stew is allowed to stand about 1... - 39.6031
Puerto Rican Sausage Stew
Our family's favorite stew! Savory, filling, quick & easy - this recipe will warm up on a cold winter day. - 121.784
Ham And Vegetable Stew
Cook the carrots and turnips with the peas in salted water to cover.
Add the diced ham to the vegetables and the water in which they have been cooked, reserving 1/4 cup of the vegetable water.
Mix the flour and butter with the reserved vegetable water.
Add... - 33.1154
Turtle Or Terrapin Stew
1. Saute the mushrooms in the butter or margarine 5 minutes.
2. Add the mushroom soup and milk. Taste, add salt as needed, then add the turtle meat, heat 1 or 2 minutes.
3. Add the wine, heat 1 minute. - 27.8521
Chicken Stew Any Way And Every Way
1. Combine the onion, carrots, and celery in a food processor, and pulse about 15 times until the vegetables are chopped, but not too finely. Heat the oil in a 5- to 6-quart casserole over medium heat. Add the vegetables, cover, and cook over low heat for 5... - 39.6887
Classic Fish Stew
Skin and bone the fish and cut into 1-inch pieces.
Mix the salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley and oil and pour over the fish.
Marinate for 2 hours.
Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the leeks and onions for 2 minutes.
Sprinkle over the flour.
Cook,... - 43.3761
Hearty Low Calorie Lentil Stew
In a 6 quart Dutch oven over moderate heat, bring the lentils, beef broth, yellow onion, garlic, celery, half the carrots, and the tomatoes, rosemary, and pepper to a simmer.
Adjust the heat so that the mixture bubbles slowly, cover, and cook for 35... - 33.9028
Lentil And Vegetable Stew
1. Put the lentils, broth, onion, garlic, 2 diced carrots, leek, turnips, potatoes, celery, and rosemary in a large heavy kettle. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 50 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
2. Add the tomatoes with their juice, the... - 33.3746
County Csik Hare Or Rabbit Stew
Remove the membranes from the meat of the hare or rabbit, slice into 1/4 inch strips and wash.
Fry bacon, chopped to strips, in lard, then strain off lard and put bacon aside.
Fry chopped onion in lard, then mix in tomato puree and dilute with white... - 35.9979
Famous Seafood Stew
1. Cut the lobster meat from its shell.
2. In a pan add butter and cook garlic and onion till it gets tender.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients except the fish.
4. Cook the ingredients for 5 minutes more.
5. Add fish and cook for 5... - 48.8226
Sprinkle fish with 1/2 tsp.salt; let stand 1 hour.
Meanwhile, lightly brown onion in oil; pour off fat.
Stir in Hunt's Tomato Paste, water, red pepper, 1 1/2 tsps. salt, black pepper, parsley and wine.
Simmer 20 minutes.
Add fish; simmer about 10 minutes... - 36.6737
Ancona Fish Stew
This Anacona Fish Stew is simply awesome ! I've never tasted a better assortment of fish seasoned with saffron and pepper ! Try this Anacona Fish Stew and let me know if you like it ! - 31.391
Baltimore Crab Stew
Bring crab, salt, pepper, butter, and milk to slow simmer; let simmer very slowly 10 minutes.
Add cream and sauces; bring to boiling point, but do not boil.
Stir as little as possible so as not to break up crab meat.
Add sherry; let stand just a... - 35.5663
Beef Stew Burgundy
Brown meat in oil.
Add garlic, sliced onion, vegetable stock, and wine; simmer covered for 2-1 /2 hours.
During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the nutritional yeast, seasonings, small onions, and more wine if needed. - 28.7215
Brown onions in fat, dredge meat in flour and brown.
Add the next six ingredients and enough cold water to barely cover meat.
Simmer until meat is tender, about 4 hours.
Add salt, potatoes, turnip and carrots and cook until meat falls off bones.
Remove meat... - 32.018
Place squirrels in cooker with water, salt, and pepper.
Pressure cook at 15 lbs.pressure for 2 5 to 30 minutes.
Meantime, saute the vegetables in the fat until soft and yellowed.
Remove squirrels from cooker.
Add vegetables and rice to broth in the cooker and... - 34.9139
1. Peel and chop onion. Chop cabbage.
2. Heat butter in a casserole and brown meat. Remove to a heated dish.
3. Saute onions and green pepper about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in flour, bouillon.
4. Add beef and cabbage. Cover and cook over low heat for... - 35.6703
Turkey Cream Stew
1) Heat butter and mix in flour, cream and broth.
2) Thicken the mixture by boiling and stirring constantly.
3) Mix in rest of the ingredients and cook thoroughly.
4) Serve hot over a bed of noodles or rice or with hot biscuits or with a... - 40.9721
In saucepan, brown mushrooms in butter.
Add remaining ingredients.
Heat until cheese melts; stir occasionally. - 24.4954
1. Saute the onion in butter until softened and add the oysters.
2. Put in the milk, ginger, salt, pepper, tabasco & orange zest.
3. Cook slowly until the oysters float.
4. Pour in the cream, sprinkle with parsley and chopped green onion and... - 37.6302
New Orleans Fish And Oyster Stew
1. In a large skillet, warm the butter over medium heat until melted. Add the bell peppers, shallots, and celery, and saute, stirring frequently, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and oregano, and cook for 30 seconds. Add the half-and-half and... - 36.4676
Chicken And Chickpea Stew
Pick over the chick-peas carefully, discarding discolored peas, small rocks, etc.
Soak these overnight in ample water to cover, along with the baking soda.
Next day, drain and rinse the peas.
Cover with water and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Drain... - 41.5036
Red Wine Seafood Stew
1 Clean the fish heads and bones thoroughly, removing the gills (if present) and any traces of blood or organs. Split the heads if large. Place the heads and bones in a nonalu-minum stockpot.
2 Trim green tops and roots from the green... - 44.3958
Supersonic Fish Stew
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil and saute onions, garlic, bell pepper and celery till they turn soft and are lightly cooked.
2) Add in seafood mix, tomato soup, chowder soup, water, wine, 2 tablespoons of parsley, salt and pepper.
3) Mix the above... - 40.2167
This fish Stew tastes incredible ! Try this irresistibly seasoned fish and fruit gravy with pasta, bread, rice or meat dishes and let me know how you liked them. Your suggestions for this fish stew are welcome ! - 34.3702
Clam And Sausage Stew
This Clam And Sausage Stew is one of the best seafood and meat dishes that I've ever known. Try this meat in deelicious wine and tomato gravy. Your suggestions for this Clam And Sausage Stew are welcome. - 28.2659
Mock Brunswick Stew
Cut meat into bite-size pieces, and place in saucepan.
Cover with consomme, and add tomatoes.
Bring just to boil.
Add wine and seasonings, and reduce heat to simmer.
Meantime cook frozen lima beans separately, following package directions, and boil... - 34.7383
Veal And Mushroom Stew
1. Coat veal with flour. In 5-quart Dutch oven over medium heat, cook bacon; drain on paper towels. In drippings, cook veal, one-fourth at a time, until browned, removing pieces as they brown to bowl.
2. To same Dutch oven over medium heat, add onion and... - 29.4992
Veal Stew With Artichokes
Trim and discard any excess fat or membrane from meat.
Heat oil in a 5-quart kettle over medium-high heat.
Add veal, a portion at a time, and cook until well browned on all sides; lift out and set aside.
Add onion and garlic to pan and cook, stirring, until... - 39.6032
Honfleur Fish Stew
Melt butter in a 3- to 4-quart pan over medium-high heat.
Add onion; cook, stirring, until soft.
Add broth, wine, potatoes, bay leaf, and fennel seeds.
Bring to a boil; then reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced, about 20... - 35.3962
Sweet And Sour Stew
Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper.
Dredge meat pieces in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
In a deep 3 to 4-quart pan, melt butter over medium-high heat; add meat and brown well on all sides.
Drain off and discard excess fat.
Combine... - 42.693
Veal Stew With Artichokes And Potatoes
1. Trim excess fat from veal. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dust with flour; shake off excess. In a nonreactive Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add veal and cook, turning, 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned on all... - 27.7616
Hot Or Cold Fish Stew
Thinly slice 3 medium-size (11/5-inch diameter) tomatillos; chop remaining tomatillos.
Thinly slice chile.
In a 5- to 6-quart pan, combine chopped tomatillos, chile slices, onion, corn, and oil.
Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, over... - 36.7374
Fish & Rice Stew
Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat.
When oil is hot, add onions; cook, stirring, until onions are soft (about 7 minutes).
Stir in parsley and rice and cook until rice is slightly toasted (about 3 more minutes).
Add tomatoes (break up with a... - 35.1946
Pork Vegetable Stew
Brown pork cubes well in shortening in kettle or Dutch oven.
Add onion and garlic and saute until golden.
Mix 2 teaspoons salt and next 4 ingredients and sprinkle on meat.
Add 1 cup water and bay leaf, bring to boil, cover and cook slowly 35 minutes.
Add... - 36.8069
Quick Pork Stew With Oranges And Wine
1. Heat the oil in a heavy 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat for about 1 minute. Add the pork cubes and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until browned.
2. Push the pork to one side of the skillet, add the onion and garlic to the... - 32.8314
Home Cooked Beef Stew
1. Coat beef cubes with flour and brown in oil.
2. Add water and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Chill and skim off fat.
4. Add parsley, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and pepper.
5. Simmer 60 minutes or until meat is tender. Add more water if needed.
6. Add vegetables and... - 35.253
Spiced Veal Stew
In large, heavy skillet lightly brown the veal in oil. (Electric skillet 350°.)
Reduce heat (220°).
Pour off fat.
Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
Add wine and 1/2 cup water.
Tie next 5 ingredients together in cheesecloth bag; add to skillet.
Simmer... - 45.732