- » White Rice Pilaf
White Rice Pilaf Recipes
Enjoy our collection of white rice pilaf recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for white rice pilaf recipes.
White And Wild Rice Pilaf Salad
White And Wild Rice Pilaf Salad makes for a great salad and can be served with almost anything. Best recipe I have found for White And Wild Rice Pilaf Salad so far. Utterly delicious! - 34.0752
Wild And White Rice Pilaf
1 In a medium saucepan, measure 1 1/4 cups water and the butter.
2 Blend in rice mix and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil.
3 Cover tightly, and cook over low heat until all water is absorbed for about 25 minutes.
4 Serve as desired. - 31.7352
Lemon Rice Pilaf
In a medium-size sauce-I pan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until well coated.
Add the stock, lemon juice, lemon rind, bay... - 39.3019
Easy rice Pilaf
This Rice Pilaf tastes incredible ! Try this savory rice with fruit and nut seasonings for your next meal ! Your suggestions for this Rice Pilaf are welcome ! - 36.043
Spicy Rice Pilaf
1 Preheat the oven to 300° F.
In a medium-size nonstick 1 saucepan, heat the oil over moderately high heat.
Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly golden.
2 Stir in the stock, fennel seeds, bay leaf, cardamom, and... - 36.9887
Beth Coffelt's Rice Pilaf
Presoak a clay pot, top and bottom, in water for 15 minutes.
In a saucepan, saute the chopped onion, peppers, and garlic in the olive oil until transparent and tender.
Add the tomatoes and set aside.
Add the saffron to the chicken stock and place it in the... - 41.1282
Wild Rice Pilaf With Leeks And Dried Pears
Rinse and drain rice.
Place in a medium saucepan, add 4 1/2 cups water and salt, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, but still slightly crunchy, about 40 to 50 minutes.
If all the water is not absorbed, drain off... - 37.7983
Green Rice Pilaf
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the rice; cook for 2 minutes or until rice is opaque, stirring constantly.
Add the white onion; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the chiles, green onions,... - 44.7512
Wild Rice Pilaf With Dried Cranberries
Rinse wild rice; drain.
In 3 quart saucepan, heat wild rice and 2 cups water to boiling over high heat.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes until wild rice is tender.
Stir in dried cranberries; heat 1 minute.
Drain wild rice mixture, if... - 45.5779
Basmati Rice Pilaf With Garam Masala
This basmati rice pilaf is a filling and savory rice pilaf made with the aromatic basmati rice. Cooked in a deep sauce pan with garlic and onion along with indian garam masala, the rice is flavored with chicken or vegetable stock and can be served as a... - 40.402
In a 2-quart pan over medium heat, cook onion in butter until soft.
Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is golden (about 5 minutes).
Add broth and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until rice is al... - 33.306
Wild Rice Pilaf
In small bowl, cover wild rice with cold water; soak for 1-1/2 hours.
Drain well and set aside.
In large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add duck livers (if using); cook for 1 minute.
Stir in wild rice,... - 44.7374
Confetti Rice Pilaf
In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook rice until golden.
Stir in mushrooms, carrots and savory herb with garlic soup mix blended with water.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice... - 27.7296
Vegetable Brown Rice Pilaf
How about a nice healthy pilaf for lunch? Let’s say super healthy…pilaf made with brown rice! A really nutritious meal being shown in the recipe video. Filled with the goodness of vegetables and flavored with herbs and pepper, this seems like a really... - 115.982
Brown Rice Pilaf
In a medium saucepan, saute the onions in butter until translucent.
Add rice; cook over low heat until grains are coated with butter and have browned a little (about 3 minutes).
Add stock or water; stir, and season with salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil.
Cover... - 43.0523
Rice Pilaf With Saffron And Peas
Using a heavy casserole that has a tight-fitting lid, heat the butter and oil.
Saute, but do not brown, the onion and garlic (this will take about 3 minutes).
Add the rice and peas, stirring around to coat the grains and peas with butter and oil.
Dissolve... - 41.5657
Microwaved Brown Rice Pilaf
1. In a 2-quart microwavable casserole, put together vegetables, almonds, and margarine and cook on High for 1 minute.
2. Add rice, apricot nectar and 1 cup water; cover and cook on High for 4 minutes.
3. Add fruits, stir, cover and cook on Medium... - 43.8879
Rice Pilaf With Dates And Almonds
In a large heavy skillet, heat the butter and oil.
Saute the onions and garlic on medium heat until just tender.
Finely chop the bell pepper, and add it to the sauteing onions.
Stir in the turmeric, cinnamon, and allspice or nutmeg.
Finely chop the dates, and... - 40.0437
Rice Pilaf Using Chicken Noodle Soup Mix
Combine butter, onion and celery in 2-quart glass casserole.
Microwave on medium for 5 minutes or until onions and celery are partly cooked.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except rice; mix well.
Cover with glass lid or plastic wrap.
Microwave on high for 5 to... - 33.2334
Prepare rice mix according to package directions, set aside.
Cook peas according to package directions, drain well, and set aside.
Combine rice, peas, and remaining ingredients except cabbage, toss.
Serve hot or cold on cabbage leaves, if desired. - 30.0615
Rice Vermicelli Pilaf
1. In 2-quart nonstick saucepan melt margarine; add vermicelli and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until vermicelli is lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1 cup water and the remaining ingredients and stir to combine; cover and bring mixture to a... - 27.9976
Fruited Rice Pilaf
1. In large saucepan, heat oil; stir in onion and celery. Cook over medium-high heat until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and 4 cups water. Cook until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until... - 32.3309
Vermicelli And Rice Pilaf
In a bowl, place the rice and the 1/2 tablespoon of salt; cover with boiling water.
Stir, cool, and drain.
In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter; lightly brown the pieces of vermicelli.
Add the remaining butter, chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
Bring to... - 38.0265
Fides Or Vermicelli And Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
In a saucepan that has a tight-fitting cover, melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
Add the onion and cook until the onion is soft.
Add the fides and rice; stir until they are coated with butter.
Stir in the hot broth, cover, and simmer over low heat for 20... - 38.486
New Wave Rice Pilaf
Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
In an ovenproof casserole dish, heat oil.
Add brown and white rice.
While stirring, cook 2 minutes.
Mix in water and vegetable juice.
Fold in tomatoes, fiddlehead greens, garlic and mushrooms.
Season with salt and... - 42.1802
Pilaf With Lamb And Cracked Wheat Or Rice
In a medium saucepan, combine the lamb chops, water, salt, peppercorns, and bay leaves.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce to low and simmer, uncovered, for about thirty minutes, skimming the foam as it forms, till the lamb is tender.
Remove from... - 38.1741
Curried Rice Pilaf With Dried Apricots
Place the onion, garlic, and milk in a large microwave-safe bowl.
Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Add the rice, water or broth, pepper, curry powder, apricots, and raisins.
Cover and microwave on high for 18 minutes or until all the liquid is... - 34.8485
Savory Bran Rice Pilaf
Cook rice according to package directions, adding bouillon cube and omitting salt and margarine in package directions.
While rice is cooking, melt margarine in large skillet.
Stir in onion, celery, mushrooms and water chestnuts.
Cook over medium heat,... - 38.3785
Brown Rice Pilaf
Cook bacon till almost crisp; remove two of the slices.
Drain on paper toweling.
Arrange in curls; secure with wooden pick.
Set aside for garnish.
Cook remaining bacon till crisp; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
Crumble bacon; set aside.
Cook onion... - 40.9606
Orange-flavored Beef & Mushroom Pilaf
A zesty, filling and nutritious meal - if that is all you are searching for, here is the choice. This fluffy rice pilaf with beef and mushroom offers you required nutrition. The flavor of fresh orange juice makes the dish irresistible. Why don’t you try for... - 112.801
Italian Pistachio Pilaf
Italian Pistachio Pilaf is one of my most favorite recipes. I frequently make similar kinds of Pilafs with different ingredients in the place of pistachios, but I personally feel that this Italian Pistachio Pilaf is the best. Nothing really compares! - 40.1743
Mushroom Rice Pilaf
1) Take a saucepan and add oil. Saute the onion into it for 5 minutes.
2) Pour broth and water to the onion. Add rice and mushrooms as well.
3) Boil them on high heat.
4) After few minutes, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Add frozen peas... - 40.7562
Rice Pilaf With Chicken Broth
Saute the rice in the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until very brown.
Stir in the chicken broth, water, salt, pepper, almonds and mushrooms.
Spoon into a buttered 2 quart baking dish.
Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour. - 33.3858
Lemon Rice Pilaf
Cook rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, saute celery and onions in butter until tender.
Add rice, lemon peel, salt and pepper; toss lightly.
Cook and stir until heated through. - 27.8403
Savory Rice Pilaf
1. Mix the rice and oil in a saucepan and stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the rice is golden brown.
2. Add the stock, apple juice, onion, garlic, lemon juice, and thyme and bring it to boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan,... - 39.6214
Mushroom Rice Pilaf
1 Preheat the oven to 375F.
2 In a 1 1/2-quart flameproof casserole, melt butter.
3 Add in rice and saute, stirring, until lightly browned for about 10 minutes.
4 Add in the bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, thyme, mushrooms and... - 45.8426
Mushroom Rice Pilaf
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In flameproof casserole melt butter, add rice and saute, stirring, until lightly browned about 10 minutes.
3. Add bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, mushroom and boiling water and mix well.
4. Bake, tightly covered, 40... - 40.3415
Chicken Broth And rice Pilaf
1. Take a 2-quart glass casserole and add rice, onion and 1/4 cup butter into it. Microwave it for 4 minutes at high by until the rice browns lightly, by stirring it once.
2. Blend the salt, raisins, broth to the rice mixture and stir the mixture well.... - 38.0609
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In 1/4 cup hot butter in skillet, cook onion over medium heat until golden.
3. Add mushrooms and green pepper and cook until tender.
4. Remove vegetables and set aside.
5. In same skillet, heat remaining... - 44.1058
In 3-quart grill-safe casserole, combine rice, vermicelli, almonds and butter.
Remove cooking grid.
Place casserole directly on lava rock grate, arranging rocks around dish.
Cook and stir at MEDIUM with hood open until vermicelli and rice are light golden... - 40.8234
Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
In a deep 2-quart casserole, combine the onions, celery, garlic, and margarine or butter.
Cover with a lid and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
Stir in the mushrooms, stock, rice, and marjoram.
Cover with a lid and... - 36.3381
1. In a 2-quart casserole or Dutch oven melt butter and heat with the oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes until limp and golden.
3. Add the rice and sauté for another 2 minutes until the grains are coated with the oil and... - 38.9362
Rice Pilaf With Fruit & Nuts
In a 5- to 6-quart pan, bring broth, the 1/2 cup butter, and sugar to a boil over high heat.
Add rice; stir until mixture returns to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Season to taste with salt.
Pour into a 2 1/2-quart casserole; cover and... - 42.2547
Mushroom Rice Pilaf
1. Preheat an oven to 187.5 (375F).
2. In a sauce pan, place water for boiling.
3. In an oven proof casserole pot, add butter.
4. Once melted, add rice and mix well.
5. SautÃ© on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring... - 44.342
Rice Pilaf With Spinach And Cannellini
1. In a large skillet warm olive oil.
2. Add garlic and onion. Saute for 7 minutes till these turn golden.
3. Reduce the heat. Stir in rice and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add water and boil. When boiled, cover the skillet and simmer for 45 minutes. Let the... - 44.6803
Nutty Herbed Rice Pilaf
1. Roast nuts in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until toasted, about 4 minutes. Let cool, then chop.
2. Cook onion in butter in same saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add rice and stir 1 minute.
3. Stir... - 35.8538
Rice Pilaf With Pine Nuts
1. In a medium saucepan, heat butter. Add garlic and onion; saute over medium heat for 10 minutes, until softened.
2. Add rice and cook 2 minutes longer.
3. Stir in chicken stock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes,... - 32.9091
Herb Steamed Mussels With Rice Pilaf
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onions and garlic, for 5 minutes.
2) Add the rice, salt and oregano stir for 3 minutes.
3) Add the stock and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer for 20 minutes.
5) Add the mussels and carrots.
6) Loosely... - 45.6759
Rice Noodle Pilaf
About 1 hour and 30 minutes before serving:
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. In 1/4 cup butter, in Dutch oven, saute onions until golden; add rice and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes, or until rice is golden.
3. Add noodles, salt, and curry powder; toss. Add... - 33.4075
Rice, Raisin, And Herb Pilaf
Yummy Rice, Raisin, And Herb Pilaf is something that you shouldnâ€™t miss. I love this pilaf preparation. Pamper your taste buds with this wonderful Rice, Raisin, And Herb Pilaf recipe - 45.6081
Shish Kabob With Rice Pilaf
Combine vinegar, wine, oil, garlic, pickling spice and rosemary; mix well.
Cut lamb in 1 1/2-inch cubes; place in bowl.
Pour vinegar mixture over lamb; marinate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
Drain lamb; reserve marinade.
Cut green pepper in... - 45.6931
Use long grained white rice.
Buy barley noodles from an Armenian or Italian store.
If you can't get them, use the thinnest egg noodles obtainable and crush them until they are all broken into small pieces about 1/2 inch long or less.
Brown the noodles in the... - 35.6708
1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
2 In a heavy casserole, melt half the butter.
3 Add onion and saute for 1 minute.
4 Add in the rice cook over medium heat for another 1 minute.
5 Slowly pour in the wine and stock.... - 46.7067
1) In a bowl, pour boiling water to plunge the tomatoes for 1 minute. Immediately peel off the skin and dice the tomatoes by removing the seeds.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F.
3) In a medium-sized ovenproof casserole, add onion to sauté in... - 45.7895
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a cured heavy iron skillet, heat the corn oil.
3) To this, add the garlic, rice and onion.
4) Cook until browned, stirring constantly.
5) In a casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid, put this... - 46.9008
Barley Pilaf With Mushrooms And Walnuts
Barley pilaf is a great way to include fiber in your diet. See this video and make this healthy flavorful recipe for your family. The video is very nicely explained and briefs about the health benefits the dish would offer. Try this dish for a wholesome meal... - 117.466
In a small saucepan, melt the margarine.
Add the onions and pine nuts.
Cook and stir over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until the onions are tender.
Add the rice.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Stir in the broth, spinach, cheese, lemon peel, nutmeg and... - 42.614
Heat the oil in a saucepan; saute the onions 5 minutes.
Stir In the rice until coated.
Add the water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes or until tender and dry.
While the rice is cooking, prepare the fish.
Melt... - 47.4781
Microwave Lamb Pilaf
Combine chicken broth, 3 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, salt and bay leaf in medium sauce pan.
Bring to boil on conventional range.
Cook 18 to 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and all liquid absorbed.
Remove bay... - 46.7203
1) Preheat oven to temperature to 350 degrees.
2) In a saute pan, heat the oil and butter and add in the garlic, which has been finely crushed, with a bit of salt, and the rice. Saute till the rice starts to color.
3) In a casserole,... - 39.2428
1. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan and fry the rice and turmeric over a low heat for about 1 minute.
2. Add the pepper, onion, courgettes, and mushrooms. Stir in the stock and orange juice. Bring to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat and add the fish. Cover... - 36.2039
Wild Mushroom And Scallion Pilaf
1) In a medium bowl, place the dried mushrooms. Pour in boiling water to soak the mushroom until tender, about 30 minutes.
2) Preheat the oven to 375°.
3) In a medium skillet, add butter and oil. Place over moderately high heat.
4)... - 42.9277
1. In a frypan, heat a tablespoon of butter.
2. When the butter melts, add rice and saute.
3. Put water in the pan.
4. Add a cup of white wine into the pan.
6. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
7. Take another frypan.
8. Heat 3... - 45.9015
Oriental Chicken Pilaf
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter, add chicken and onion and cook till the chicken turns a light brown
2. Add salt, pepper and oregano; add rice and cook for five minutes stirring every now and then
3. Add the chicken bouillon gradually, followed by... - 40.1918
Brown rice in margarine until golden in color, stirring as it browns.
Mix in curry powder, salt, raisins and broth, mixing well.
Cover and cook over low heat until rice is tender and all the broth has been absorbed.
Takes about 30 to 40 minutes. - 29.6068
In 2-quart Generation II Saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Add ginger and saute 1 minute.
Stir in rice, chicken broth, mushrooms and onions.
Bring to a simmer.
Cover and cook over very low heat 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, add peas and stir.
Cover and... - 36.7166
Oriental Chicken Pilaf
Does the chef next-door amaze you with his masterpiece Chicken recipe? Try out this Oriental Chicken Pilaff - one of the most unusual way of serving leftover chicken. Follow this quick and simple homemade recipe for Oriental Chicken Pilaff . - 48.3836
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In small nonstick skillet, heat margarine. Add bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms; saute until vegetables soften, about 2 minutes.
3. In 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine remaining ingredients and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water; stir... - 31.7305
Apricot Dijon Glazed Turkey With Herbed Pilaf
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
3. Stir in the bouillon.
4. Take off heat and set pan aside.
5. In a small saucepan, combine jam and Dijon mustard, gently heat to melt the jam. Set aside for... - 49.0911
Pilaf Greek Style
This Pilaf is an irresistible main course meal recipe. Enjoy this mouth-watering Pilaf with your loved ones in the coming weekend party! - 23.2954
Pilaf Greek Style
1. Melt the butter in a heavy skillet and saute the rice, stirring, for five minutes, or until browned.
2. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Cover the pan with a cloth, then with a lid and simmer, without stirring, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. - 26.1846
Cook rice according to package directions.
Brown onion lightly in butter.
Add remaining ingredients except crabmeat.
Heat, stirring, until cheese is melted.
Add rice and crabmeat; put in shallow casserole; cover.
Bake in preheated slow oven (325°F.) for 25... - 41.2632
Lalli's Turkish Pilaf Tomatoes
1. Cut a small slice from the tops of the tomatoes.
2. With the help of a teaspoon, scoop out the pulp; leave the 1/2-inch-thick wall.
3. Chop the pulp coarsely and reserve ½ cup.
4. Discard seeds; as much as possible.
5. Season inside tomato... - 48.2075