- » Wheat Square
Wheat Square Recipes
Enjoy our collection of wheat square recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for wheat square recipes.
Curried Wheat Squares
Melt butter in large skillet; blend in curry and ginger.
Add shredded wheat and toss to butter.
Heat about 5 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly. - 18.4011
1. Pre-heat grill.
2. Toast one side of each slice of bread under the grill.
3. Melt butter in a small saucepan over a moderate heat.
4. Add sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
5. Spread the mixture evenly over the untoasted side of each slice of bread.
6. Place... - 32.4025
Butter Tart Squares
Cut the butter into the flour with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of sugar.
Press into a 9" x 9" (22.5 x 23 cm) buttered cake pan.
Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 15 minutes.
Beat the eggs with the remaining sugar.
Fold in the oatmeal, salt and baking powder,... - 43.798
Pina Colada Squares
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda. Add butter and use a pastry blender to blend until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Set aside 7 cups of the crumb mixture for later use.
4.... - 42.8476
Lemon Sponge Squares
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Sift flour with salt and baking powder and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Mix in dry ingredients alternately with lemon juice, beginning and... - 43.0674
Dude Ranch Whole Wheat Biscuits
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spray a 9-inch square baking
2) In a bowl, combine flour, wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
3) Transfer the dry mix to a pastry blender. Add in the margarine. Blend to get a coarse mixture.
4) Pour in... - 40.959
In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over the water; stir to blend.
Allow to soften for 3 minutes.
Place over heat and bring to the boil and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips, mixing to dissolve the... - 29.3314
Enjoy these crisp Wheat Thins melt in your mouth within seconds! Serve these Wheat Thins out to your guests this evening and tell me if it was a hit treat ! - 32.0511
Whole Wheat Waffles
1. In a medium size bowl add the first 4 ingredients. Mix well.
2. Add milk and egg yolk. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to get a smooth consistency.
3. Beat the egg whites till stiff white peaks are formed. Fold this in the... - 38.8459
Soft Whole Wheat Pretzels
In mixing bowl combine 2 cups of the all-purpose flour, the 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seed, and yeast.
In saucepan heat milk, sugar, cooking oil, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt just till warm (115 to 120°).
Add to dry mixture.
Beat at low speed of electric mixer... - 47.2469
Whole Wheat Pate Brisee Crust
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400Â°F.
2. Using either your hands or a food processor, mix the whole wheat flour and salt.
4. Slowly add the butter and continue mixing, to get a mixture that resembles coarse meal.
5. Slowly add the ice water and... - 37.7537
Wheat And Milk Free Brownies
Preheat oven to 350° F.
With a spoon, mix margarine and sugar well; add all remaining ingredients except nuts and blend until smooth.
Stir in nuts and pour into a greased 8"X8"X2" or 9"X9"X2" pan.
Bake 30 minutes or until sides shrink slightly from pan and... - 34.8975
Neat Wheat Brownies
Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan; set aside.
Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside In a saucepan melt shortening.
Remove from heat; stir in sugar and cocoa powder.
Add eggs and vanilla; stir till blended.
Stir in dry ingredients and the 3/4... - 40.0649
Mix all ingredients in very large roaster or large pans.
Bake in very slow oven (250°) 2 hours, stirring and turning mixture with wooden spoon every 15 minutes (be careful not to crush cereals). - 27.087
Cocoa Wheats Bread
1. Grease an 8-inch X 4-inch baking tin with butter or oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. In a small bowl, combine the coco wheats and milk and let soak for 3 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, combine baking mix and... - 40.2744
Cranberry Wheat Breakfast Muffins
In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add berries, gendy toss to coat.
In a small bowl, beat egg with a fork, beat in juice and butter.
Add to flour mixture, stir until just blended.
Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
Sprinkle streusel topping... - 40.1221
Whole Wheat Gingerbread
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Grease an 8-inch square pan.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in boiling water.
In a separate bowl, mix baking soda with flour. Add to molasses mixture. Stir to blend, then beat at medium speed for 2... - 35.5976
Whole Wheat Crackers
1.Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2.In a large bowl, mix together flour, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
3.Mix together corn oil and water .
4.Blend the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and mix well.
5.Place the... - 42.9659
Cracked Wheat Bread
Use very warm water (105°F.to 115°F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
Sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cake into water.
Let stand for a few minutes; then stir until dissolved.
Pour hot milk over sugar, salt, and butter.
Cool to... - 38.0942
In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except water.
Beat at low speed or cut with pastry blender until particles resemble coarse crumbs.
Gradually stir in water while stirring with fork just until dough forms.
Chill, if necessary, for easier handling.
Roll... - 38.0254
Whole Wheat Puff Pastry
Combine 1 3/4 cups flour and salt in processor and mix using 1 to 2 on/off turns.
With machine running, add water or milk and lemon juice and mix until dough forms ball, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Turn dough out onto unfloured surface and shape into smooth... - 33.4456
Whole Wheat Applesauce Cake
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Grease (with acceptable margarine) and flour an 8-inch round or square baking pan.
In a large mixing bowl, cream oil and sugar.
Add applesauce and baking soda and mix thoroughly.
Add flour and cinnamon and blend thoroughly.
Pour... - 32.8012
Curry Wheat Thins
Combine first 7 ingredients; stir well.
Cur in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add yogurt, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
Turn dough our onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 20 times.
Cover and freeze... - 44.204
Whole Wheat Honey Cake
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves into a large mixing bowl. Stir in orange rind.
Combine vegetable oil, honey and milk in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients,... - 35.7699
Save Money - Easy Home Made Whole Wheat Crackers - Part 2
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Combine the whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and paprika in a medium bowl.
3) Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter thoroughly into the dry mixture until it looks like large... - 103.315
Whole Wheat Linguine
1)In the container of food processor, insert stainless steel chopping blade.
2)Mix whole wheat flour, eggs, olive oil,salt and vegetable oil together in processor and process until well blended.
3)Remove dough on a lightly floured... - 40.6468
Whole Wheat French Bread
Basic Whole-Grain Bread becomes French Bread, with a real sourdough flavor.
The secret is to eliminate the sugar, and for part of the water substitute very sour buttermilk or yogurt; if you have home made yogurt, chances are that enough whey has separated out... - 35.0279
Whole Wheat Filo Dough
1. In a food processor, mix the whole wheat flour and salt.
2. Slowly add the water, and process till the dough forms a ball, which should take 2-3 seconds after the water has been added.
3. Go on processing and add the cornstarch 1 tablespoon... - 39.1801
Honey Wheat Blondies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square pan. In a medium bowl, beat oil, honey, and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. In another bowl, mix all-purpose flour, whole... - 31.1519
Apple Wheat Coffee Cake
In large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, brown sugar and all-purpose flour.
Place butter on small plate.
Microwave at 30% (Medium Low) for 15 seconds to 1 minute, or until softened, checking after every 15 seconds.
Cut butter into flour... - 49.509
Wheat Cereal Breakfast Pudding
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 10-by-6-by-1 1/2-inch baking dish.
2. In medium saucepan, over low heat, bring milk and salt to boiling.
3. Slowly sprinkle in cereal, stirring. Cook,
stirring constantly, until thickened—about 10 minutes. Remove... - 38.8872
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Sift flour, meal, salt, and baking powder together into a bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and beat just until blended.
Spoon into a greased 8"x8"x2" pan and bake 25-30 minutes until pale golden and springy to the touch.
Turn out on a... - 34.2116
1) In a non-stick frying pan, add butter to melt over heat.
2) Add curry powder and stir in with the butter.
3) Fold in crackers in hot butter.
4) Coat the crackers in hot butter.
5) Continuously stir the crackers, until these turn light brown in all... - 34.3414
Best Teething Cookie
The best part about the cookie is that there's no sugar in them and they're packed with healthy nutrients. I've been giving him one every night after dinner and it's a great treat before bedtime. - 128.697
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Gently cut the butter into flour and salt mixture, mix in the egg yolk with a fork and refrigerate the dough overnight.
3) Divide the dough into 21 pieces, then thinly roll each piece on a floured board... - 36.3597
Roll and cut dough as in almond crescents.
Spoon an equal amount of filling onto the center of each square.
Spread filling parallel to one edge; brush edges lightly with egg, then fold opposite edge over; press edges together to seal.
Make 5 or 6 slits in... - 25.3139
Nut & Chocolate Brownies
Cream together sugar and butter.
Add eggs and vanilla.
Combine cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt.
Blend dry ingredients into sugar mixture.
Stir in nuts.
Spread mixture in an 8-inch glass baking dish.
Microwave at HIGH 6 to 7 minutes.
Cut... - 43.5876
1. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Stir in sugar and polenta. Add eggs, milk and melted butter. Beat until just smooth.
2. Pour into a 23 x 23 x 5 cm / 9 x 9 x 2 in tin lined with baking paper and bake at 220°C / 440°F / Gas 7 for 20-25... - 34.3425
Brown Bread Bostonian
Spread wheat germ on cookie sheet and toast until golden (about 10 minutes) in 300° oven.
Stir with spatula as edges brown.
Sift dry ingredients together and mix with the toasted wheat germ.
In a separate bowl, mix molasses, rhubarb, and raisins.
In a large... - 45.9247
Fudge Surprise Cake
Combine caramels, condensed milk, and 1 tablespoon butter in a 2 1/2-quart glass casserole.
Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes.
Stir after 2 minutes.
Combine cake mix, water, eggs, and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
Beat with mixer according to cake package... - 40.0497
Grease a large tray and set aside.
Melt the ghee in a heavy based pan over a low heat.
Add the semolina and braise slowly until golden for a few minutes, stirring continuously.
Add the almonds, sugar and the nutmeg then stir again.
Add the milk and stir until... - 41.5461
Sift flour, salt, soda, and spice.
Mix with oatmeal and sugar.
Melt butter with syrup and add to dry ingredients, along with milk.
Spread into an 8-inch square pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.
Heavy cake bars (squares) arc the result.
Can be... - 39.7398
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Roll out a 1/8-inch thick pastry and cut into six 7-inch squares with a pastry cutter.
3) Place a peach over each square, sprinkle nicely with a tablespoon of sugar, a dash of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon... - 36.0106
Quick Hot Rolls
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. In a saucepan, heat milk to lukewarm and add oil, honey, salt and stir well.
3. In a large basin, combine whole-wheat flour, yeast, milk and eggs.
4. Beat well until well blended.
5. Cover basin and... - 44.2123
Gnocchi Alla Romana
1. Heat milk in a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Stir in semolina with half the butter, salt and pepper with a wooden spoon to prevent lumps forming. Cook over low heat until the mixture comes to the boil and thickens. Continue to stir and cook until the... - 39.4186
Prepare mix, according to package directions, directly in an 8-inch square glass dish.
Place dish on top of inverted pie plate.
Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes.
Rotate dish 1/4 turn.
Microwave at HIGH remaining 3 to 4 minutes.
Place directly on counter to cool. - 26.1035
Sift flour and salt into a bowl; beat oil and water with a fork until slightly thickened and creamy, pour all at once over flour and toss with fork to blend.
Gather pastry together (it should just hold together) and, if too dry, add a few additional drops oil... - 34.4549
Croissants With Milk
Put the milk into a saucepan and bring it to just under boiling point.
Remove the pan from the heat and add 2 tablespoons of the butter.
Let the butter melt and the mixture cool to lukewarm.
Mash the yeast with 1/4 teaspoon of the sugar and the water to a... - 41.9896
Graham Cracker Bars
In bowl mix crumbs and sugar; cut in butter till mixture resembles cornmeal.
Stir in chocolate and nuts.
Add milk and vanilla; mix well.
Place a small juice glass in center of greased 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish; spread batter around glass.
Micro-cook,... - 30.9204
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Sift flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
Cream butter and sugar until light, add egg, and beat well.
Mix vanilla and milk.
Add flour and milk alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour and beating after each... - 37.8275
Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
Mix in cornmeal.
Combine egg, molasses, and milk; stir into dry mixture.
Blend in melted shortening.
Pour into greased 8-inch square pan.
Bake in preheated hot oven (400°F.) for 25 minutes. - 39.4691
Spread the bread with the butter.
On 1 slice of wholewheat bread, spread the liver pate.
Press the other slice of wholewheat on top and trim off the crusts.
Cut into 4 squares.
Spread the Marmite on to 1 slice of granary bread and lay the cheese on top.
Press... - 43.9873
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine 1 1/4 cups flour, granulated sugar and salt for making the crust.
3. Cut shortening into the size of peas and add to the flour mixture.
4. Add 1 tablespoon cold water on a portion of the mixture... - 45.8038
Golden Light Biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Grease a cookie sheet with oil or line it with waxed paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift and combine the all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
4.... - 41.9764
Boston Brown Bread
SPRAY cans and 1 side of three 6-inch-square pieces of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
Combine rye flour, cornmeal, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
Stir in walnuts and raisins.
Whisk buttermilk and molasses... - 41.6155
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Mix together the unbleached flour, whole-wheat flour, pepper and baking powder in a large bowl.
3) Add the ham and stir well.
4) Whisk together 1/2 cup buttermilk and the oil in a cup.
5)... - 37.76
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm water.
Mix in salt and 3 tablespoons of the sugar.
Add flour and blend well to make medium-stiff dough.
Knead dough on a lightly floured board or cloth, about 10 minutes.
Place in a greased bowl, cover with a cloth,... - 35.829
To make the cake put all the ingredients, except the almonds in a mixing bowl.
Beat thoroughly until the mixture is thick and pale.
Pour into a greased 23 cm - 9" square cake tin.
Bake for 1.5 hours until firm and golden brown.
Remove the cake from the oven... - 47.5208
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Sift dry ingredients together and mix in dates and walnuts.
Fold in eggs and, if you like, add vanilla.
Spread evenly in a greased and floured 15 1/2"X10 1/2"X 1" jelly-roll pan (it will seem at first as though there isn't enough... - 38.6356
1. Grease a ¼ inch deep baking tray with oil or ghee.
2. Put a medium heavy bottomed sauce pan over a low flame.
3. Add the semolina in the pan and dry roast it stirring frequently to prevent it from burning until it is lightly... - 42.4022
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F
2. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
3. In a large basin, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Stir in the sugar.
5. Cut in the shortening with a spatula or use your fingertips to... - 36.2296
Place the flour and oats in a mixing bowl and sift in the soda, salt and ginger.
Place the butter, treacle, syrup and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently.
Cool slightly, then add to the dry ingredients, together with the milk; mix thoroughly.
Pour into a... - 39.7398
Butter Sponge Cake
Sift together flour and baking powder.
Add butter and vanilla to scalded milk and keep hot.
Beat egg yolks till thick and lemon-colored; gradually beat in sugar.
Quickly add flour mixture; stir just till mixed.
Gently stir in the hot milk mixture.
Pour into... - 39.0694
Graham Cracker Upside Down Cake
In large mixing bowl cream granulated sugar with 1/2 cup butter.
Add eggs, one at a time; mix well after each, beating a total of about 5 minutes.
Mix crumbs, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk; set... - 42.2946
1) Combine the flour and salt, then mix in the oil with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture has a breadcrumb texture.
2) Sprinkle a little water and mix in with a fork until the mixture holds together, add 1-2 tablespoons more oil if required... - 30.409
Special Pastry For Meat Pies
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Combine the flour and salt, then cut in the lard until there are pea size pieces.
3) Combine the egg yolk and water together, then stir into the flour mixture, press to form a firm ball and smoothen the... - 37.2389
Basic Corn Bread
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Sift flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt, and, if you like, sugar into a bowl; beat egg with milk and oil just to blend.
Make a well in dry ingredients, pour in egg mixture, and stir until well blended.
Pour into a well-greased... - 34.5384
1. Preheat oven to 350° F/ 180° C
2. Dust a clean work surface with flour and use a dusted rolling pin to roll out the cold pastry into a rectangle with ¼ inch thickness, and line a 11X7 inch Swiss roll tin with it.
3. To prepare... - 48.2256
Portland Rice Cake
1. Grease a 9 inch square cake tin with oil, butter or baking spray.
2. Line the bottom of the tin with a piece of grease proof paper.
3. Preheat the oven to 300° F, 150° C
4. Into a large bowl, sift the flour, soda and spices and mix... - 47.1344
Savory Cheddar Crackers
1. In medium bowl, combine flour, mustard and pepper; mix well. With pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Stir in Cheddar. With hands, press mixture together to form a ball; divide in half. Wrap... - 34.139
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease well a 9-inch tube pan.
2. Sift flour with baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
3. In large bowl, combine currants, candied fruits and peels, raisins and cherries; mix well.
4. In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed,... - 45.4868
Dissolve 1 tsp sugar in milk and sprinkle yeast on top.
Leave till frothy.
Sift flour and salt into bowl, rub in 1 tbsp butter and add rest of sugar and yeast mixture.
Mix to a dough.
Shape remaining butter into an oblong.
Roll out dough into an oblong twice... - 44.3094
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Sift flour with salt and set aside.
Melt chocolate over simmering water, then cool.
Cream butter until light, gradually add 3/4 cup sugar and cream until fluffy.
Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in... - 44.16
Cinnamon Sticky Buns
1) Cook potato (for about 30 minutes) till it is soft and can be easily mashed and drain the excess water. (keep about 3/4 cup reserve of this water).
2) Mash the potatoes, add the reserve water and mix well. Allow the mash to cool to a lukewarm... - 44.1234
1. Heat milk in a small saucepan until lukewarm.
2. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a large bowl. ("Very warm water" should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist.) Stir; dissolve yeast.
3. Beat butter or margarine with sugar, salt and egg yolks... - 45.5144
Frozen Puff Pastry
Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
Combine water and lemon juice, sprinkle evenly over flour, about 1/4 cup at a time, mixing lightly and quickly with a fork after each addition (pastry should hold together, be firm yet pliable).
Add a few drops more ice water if... - 35.6785
Honey Bread With Aniseeds
1. In another large bowl, mix in the flours and add the spices
2. Then add the cream of tartar and mix well
3. Set aside till required
4. Prepare a 3 pint (2.5 litre/2 quart) square baking tin by greasing it and set aside
5. Preheat the oven to... - 46.8955
Homemade Teuchi Udon Noodles
Have you always been wondering how to prepare the perfect Teuchi Udon Noodles at home? This video will clear all your doubts. Watch the chef make these authentic Teuchi Udon Noodles effortlessly and replicate the same in your own kitchen. - 147.301
Wheat Square Recipes By Category