Wheat juice, also known as wheat grass juice refers to the juice extracted by crushing the sprouted berries of wheat. This juice is said to be high in chlorophyll and it is well-known for its antioxidant properties and neutralizing actions. Marketed under labels such as super food or one- stop nutrition-some manufacturers of the juice claim that a person can survive on this juice when the other nutritional sources are not present. The validity of such claims has not been scientifically supported. Some consumers grow their own wheat grass and juice them at home using special wheatgrass juicers. Normally served in cans or jars at juice bars and departmental stores, the juice is consumed on its own or in conjunction with other fruit juices.
Wheat Grass Juice Recipe
Wheat juice is made with the wheat juicer, equipment designed for the purpose. Adequate amount of wheat grass is needed to make the juice so it is always combined with other healthy ingredients like greens, fruits, or herbs to quantify the juice.
The most popular wheat grass recipe called “simply green” is made up of all greens. Spinach leaves, celery, wheat grass, parsley, and water are used in the preparation of this juice. The greens and celery are juiced up in a juicer and served after diluting with water if desired.
Wheat Grass Juice Recipe Variants
- Apple Grass: Water, apples, and wheat grass are needed to make this drink. The apple sweetens the juice.
- Wheatgrass smoothie: Banana, orange, lime, crushed ice cubes and wheat grass are required to make this smoothie. All the ingredients are blended through juicer. The fruits sweeten the juice.
- Sweet Grass: Orange, apple and wheat grass are needed to make this drink. This drink can also be served as a dessert beverage.
- Tropical Passion Grass: This wheat juice variant is prepared by juicing wheat grass with fruits like kiwi, guava, strawberries, pineapples, and orange. This juice can be served chilled as a dessert.
- Pure Veggie Delight: Celery, carrots, spinach leaves, parsley, alfalfa sprout, beet root, are combined in a juicer.
Wheat Juice Benefits
- The wheat juice is high in chlorophyll content which aids in reducing the blood pressure, curbing body odors and treating skin diseases.
- This juice is known to cleanse the body and flushes out the mucus from body thereby reducing the instances of nausea.
- The juice is highly recommended to people aiming for weight loss. It is believed to supply energy for burning fats.
- Beta carotene in juice is known to inhibit the action of cancerous cells.