- » Wheat Griddle Bread
Wheat Griddle Bread Recipes
Enjoy our collection of wheat griddle bread recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for wheat griddle bread recipes.
Crispy Cream Of Wheat Griddle Cakes
Line a 6 x 3 x 2 inch individual-size loaf pan with a large piece of plastic wrap.
Combine the milk and salt in a small saucepan and bring to just below the boil over medium-high heat.
Slowly add the Cream of wheat, stirring constantly.
Continue cooking for... - 41.951
Onion Flat Bread
1. Saute onions, celery, and garlic powder until tender.
2. Add warm water and oil to onion mixture.
3. Stir in flour and let stand 10 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 12 balls. Roll each ball into a 14-inch circle.
5. Cook on a nonstick griddle until brown... - 27.8491
Put all ingredients in blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
If you don't have a blender, use whisk or electric mixer.
Strain batter into pitcher.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Before using, whisk batter together.
Cook on hot buttered griddle or in crepe... - 32.5919
Whole Wheat Plain Paratha
1. In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, salt to taste, baking powder if desired and oil well.
2. Add little water at a time, mix and then knead to get semi-soft consistency in the dough.
3. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and leave it for about 15-20... - 103.439
Whole Wheat-buttermilk Pancakes
These Whole Wheat-Buttermilk Pancakes are simply yummy .The buttermilk and egg added to the wheat made this Whole Wheat-Buttermilk Pancakes even more delicious. Something you should try! - 32.6462
Whole Wheat Pancakes
1. Wash the whole wheat thoroughly. Put the wheat and water in the container of an electric blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth.
2. In a bowl, combine the dry milk, eggs, salt, sugar, corn oil, and baking powder. Mix well. Pour in the... - 33.3549
Experiment and experience the divine taste of this Honey-Wheat Hotcakes recipe. The very thought of Honey-Wheat Hotcakes tickles my taste buds. Once you try this recipe you will feel the same too. - 26.4829
Easy Cinnamon French Toast
1. Combine egg whites, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Beat lightly.
2. Heat nonstick griddle until hot (400°).
3. Dip bread slices in the egg white mixture and cook on both sides until golden brown and crisp. - 25.9358
Mixed Flour Flatbread
Healthier alternative to plain wheat flat breads. Wholesome and satiating with goodness of mixed grains. - 0
Classic Indian Roti
All of you, who are searching for the easiest recipe of roti or Indian flat bread - here is the one. Roti - the versatile Indian flat bread, is quite easy to prepare at home, only needs few days of practice. Once you develop the skill, it becomes easy to... - 105.541
1)In a bowl, add flour, salt and mix. Add water and need medium firm smooth dough. Leave it for 20 minutes.
2)Take out 4 tablespoons of flour for dredging.
3)Take a griddle and start heating it.
4)Knead the dough once more and then make... - 40.1883
1. Mix all ingredients and knead adding water to the consistency of chappati dough.
2. Cover with a cloth and leave for about 15 minutes.
3. Smoothen the dough with 1/2 teaspoon oil and knead a little.
4. Divide the dough into equal golf size or... - 107.392
High Fibre Roti
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Add hot water, a little at a time, and knead to make a stiff, pliable dough.
Pinch off lime-sized balls of dough and roll on a floured surface into 8" round roti.
Heat a tava or griddle over moderate heat... - 39.2817
Frozen Chappati/roti/parantha Recipe(homemade - Low Fat)
This recipe is a keeper,that is if you spend good money on store bought ones.We don't eat much frozen food but I just like the idea of pre-cooked meals saves ample amount of time,which as a new mom I have to agree ,is hard to find. Hence,Greenhouse cuisine... - 109.435
Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
Rub in butter and mix in cracked wheat and ajwain.
Add water, a little at a time, and knead to make a stiff, pliable dough.
Add move water if needed.
Pinch off lemon-sized balls of dough and roll on a floured surface... - 43.6176
1) Combine and sift the flours.
2) Add enough water to make a stiff dough. Set aside for 1 hour.
3) Knead the dough with a little water until soft.
4) Divide into small balls and roll into very thin pancakes, 4 to 6 inches in diameter. (You may... - 41.0519
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift in the flour with the salt.
2. Add the clarified butter to the flour and rub in.
3. Make a well in the flour and pour in the water.
4. Using your hand or a wooden spoon, combine the flour with the water to make... - 43.3305
Whole Wheat Hot Cakes
1. In a large basin, sieve flour with baking powder and salt and mix in the wheat germ
2. In a measuring jar, beat egg and mix well with milk, oil, molasses and honey.
3. If yeast is used, add to liquid mixture.
4. Pour liquid into dry ingredients.
5.... - 47.8944
Banana-tofu French Toast
Banana-Tofu French Toast is a very satisfying breakfast. Its awesome when you bite into it. Really filling! - 30.4344
Chapatties is very common India bread. The flour with butter and salt makes the chappatties very luscious. Must catch it. - 30.3297
Bran English Muffins
1. Mix 1 cup whole wheat flour, the yeast, salt, and brown sugar together in large bowl.
2. Heat the milk, water, and oil until very warm. Stir into the first mixture. Then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the remaining... - 36.6389
To make Blini :
1. In a large bowl, combine the water and yeast and set aside to proof for 15 minutes (the yeast will become loamy).
2. Mix in the unbleached flour.
3. Cover and let the batter rise for an hour.
4. Whisk in the milk, buckwheat flour,... - 43.3842
Old Fashioned Buckwheat Hot Cakes
1. Mix together the warm water, yeast, and sugar and stir until dissolved.
2. Sift the buckwheat flour and unbleached flour together and add to the yeast mixture. Stir in the milk and salt. Beat until smooth.
3. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for 1... - 28.1342
Place mix into a bowl and stir in rest of the ingredients until well blended.
Drop batter from a large spoon onto lightly greased, hot griddle.
Turn once and serve. - 26.2795
In a bowl, stir together flour and salt.
Stirring gently with a fork, add water slowly until a crumbly dough forms.
With your hands, mix dough until it holds together.
Add a few more drops of water, if needed.
On a floured board, knead dough until smooth but... - 32.7706
The traditional Indian bread. This video shows you the easiest way to make the standard whole wheat Indian flour bread known as the chapati. This is a signature bread used in almost all Indian households and is the primary bread which can be taken with meat,... - 126.902
1. Pour the water into a large jug. It should be warm enough just to activate the yeast without killing it;i usually mix 150ml just-boiled water with 300ml cold water. Sprinkle over the yeast and stir in the sugar. Leave for about 10 minutes or until the... - 34.5953
1. Whisk eggs. Stir in honey or sugar, milk and salt.
2. Take a bowl, arrange bread slices as a pile and pour the egg mixture over it. Allow the slices to moisten well by turning them.
3. Heat a griddle on direct heat, melt oil and fry these slices... - 42.5943
Ok! You may believe me or not, but this Indian roti is so tasty that you might end up asking for more! Yes, richly flavored and made using wholewheat flour, this Thalipeeth is also a healthy dis to serve. Although a little time consuming, this Indian roti is... - 47.3205
Rice Dream French Toast
Rice Dream French Toast is probably one of the tastiest way to make French toast. I make this Rice Dream French Toast for my family every other day. It is quick, easy and tasty - 29.5397
Bread Crumb Pancakes
1. Heat milk and pour over crumbs. Let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add to the crumb mixture with the egg, honey, and oil. Beat until well blended and free of lumps.
4. Bake on a hot, oiled griddle until browned on one... - 32.975
Potato And Herb Stuffed Flat Bread
To make dough, sift all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and 2 teaspoons salt into a large mixing bowl.
Make a well in the center of the flour; add 3 tablespoons oil and warm water.
Mix, adding more water one tablespoon at a time if necessary, to make a firm... - 42.3907
Spiced Ginger Bread Pancakes
Combine coffee granules and boiling water, stirring until granules dissolve.
Cool completely combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves in a medium bowl; make a well in center of... - 37.2856
Chapati (indian Bread)
Mix together all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until a firm dough is formed.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Divide the dough into walnut-sized balls.
On a lightly floured surface roll out each ball about 1/4-inch thick.
On a hot iron griddle, grill each... - 31.9047
1) In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2) Gradually work in enough water to make a soft dough.
3) Divide the dough into 10 pieces and flatten them into circles on a lightly floured surface.
4) Cover the dough circles with a towel and allow to... - 33.5621
Mix together 1/2 cup lukewarm water & sugar till the sugar is dissolved.
Sprinkle the yeast on top.
Mix the yeast into the warm sugar water mixture.
Cover & keep in a warm place undisturbed, allowing it to dissolve.
After 5 or 10 minutes, the yeast should... - 40.0139
Grilled Teardrop Bread
Lightly oil a large bowl.
In a medium-size bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
Stir in 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy.
When yeast mixture begins to foam, stir in remaining sugar, 2 tablespoons of Ghee and yogurt.
In a food processor... - 42.1052
This Thepla makes a fantastic meal ! I love this irresistibly seasoned gram and wheat flour flatbread with savory tomato dip. Just try this Thepla and let me know if you like it ! - 40.5684
Raw Banana Parathas
A great pick for breakfast or lunch, this Raw Banana Parathas is a very tasty dish that everyone would love to have. Richly flavored and with delicious filling, this roti is a great way to treat your loved ones. - 47.1202
1. Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and water.
2. Move dough to a floured board and knead until a smooth but stiff dough results.
3. Divide dough into 12 equal parts. Shape into smooth, pliable balls.
4. Roll each ball out as thinly as possible... - 31.471
Mooli Ka Parantha
Mooli Paratha, are stuffed Indian bread, which are griddles on hot plate and consumed immediately. North Indian breakfast cannot be imagined without the paratha with butter or curds. - 50.2494
In a large bowl, sift flours together.
Add enough water to make a stiff dough and set aside 1 hour.
Knead dough with a little water until soft.
Divide in to twelve small balls.
Roll into very thin pancakes 4 to 6 inches in diameter, or use a tortilla... - 33.5735
Blend flour, salt, and butter or margarine in Bosch bowl.
Add enough water to make a stiff dough.
Knead until smooth and elastic.
Cover with a damp cloth, and let rest 30 minutes.
Form dough into 1 inch balls.
Roll out paperthin, and bake on a lightly greased... - 33.274
Beat eggs with milk in pie plate.
Combine corn flakes and coconut in another pie plate or shallow bowl.
Heat margarine on griddle over midium heat.
Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and then into coconut mixture, coating both sides.
Cook on... - 35.3612
Put wheat flour in a flat vessel bowl.
Mix all the ingredients into it including the methi leaves.
Add 1 tsp oil and knead it. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
Then make even size small balls of the dough.
Roll them separately with a rolling pin into a round... - 42.6287
Paneer Paratha is punjabi dish made from flour cheese paneer. Specially great for holiday kids. - 32.7117
Combine scalded milk, butter, salt, and honey.
Cool to lukewarm.
Add yeast and mix well.
Add flour and work until dough is well blended and soft.
Roll out on floured board to 1/2-inch thickness and cut into 3-inch circles.
Sprinkle cornmeal on baking... - 38.2257
Malai Paratha With Cream Cheese
1. Sift flour and salt in a bowl, add top milk. Mix well and knead to a smooth dough. Divide into 4 portions. Shape them into round balls.
2. Roll out each ball into thick round 5" diameter.
3. Heat a griddle and shallow fry each paratha until both sides are... - 24.5555
1. Sieve flours together.
2. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric, salt and chopped fenugreek leaves and mix.
3. Prepare dough, adding enough water.
4. Set aside for half an hour.
5. Divide into small balls and roll out very thin.
6. Shallow fry on a... - 34.4357
Indian Chapati is a staple of every north Indian household. This flat bread made from wheat flour is not easy to make the first time, but when you get the hang of it, you will love to make it again and again. The soft texture will linger in your mouth all the... - 113.942
This is a very healthy version of chapati, with greens added to it. Greens are rich in several vitamins and minerals that your body needs and is easy to cook too. The only fat content that you get is from the oil, so you can reduce the oil you smear on the... - 0
Whole Grain Pancake
This Whole Grain Pancake is very delicious . Along with it is related my childhood memories.When I returned home from school, my mother used to prepare this pancake and we enjoyed devouring it. So if you want to make your kids happy, try this Whole Grain... - 40.3954
Cattail English Muffins
Combine hot water, milk, sugar, salt and butter.
Dissolve yeast in luke-warm water, stir into milk-water mixture.
Stir flour and pollen into liquid.
Cover with damp cloth, let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F.) for 1 1/2 hours.
Grease 12 3" muffin... - 39.7776
Chapati is a staple in much of India and Pakistan, and also in other parts of SE Asia and Africa as well. It is often made fresh for each meal and even children learn to make this basic and easy bread. Often, the finished chapatis are brushed with ghee... - 42.2697
Stuffed Paranthas (chapatis)
Finely chop the fresh ginger root.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet.
Saute onions with ginger root or ground ginger.
Add black pepper, turmeric powder, red chili pepper, and coriander seed powder.
With a fork, mash the potatoes, and place in frying pan with... - 39.386
Berry French Toast Bake
1. In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the butter over a medium heat
2. Add the pecans to the heated butter. Toast the pecans over a gentle heat till nice and brown
3. Gently add in the syrup and heat through till hot.
4. Remove from the heat and set... - 45.364
Chilla Puries are my favorite loose batter dishes. You don't need to make solid doughs like for other Indian breads. You just need to make a batter and spread it on a griddle in a round disc. Quite an interesting job that is ! Try these Chilla Puries yourself... - 37.8698
Pb And J French Toast
Spread preserves evenly over 3 bread slices.
Spread peanut butter evenly over remaining bread slices.
Press preserves and peanut butter slices together to form 3 sandwiches; cut each diagonally in half.
In shallow bowl, combine Egg Beaters and milk.
In large... - 49.894
These Cinnamon Pancakes are awesome ! These Cinammon Pancakes with sweet dips are a breakfaster's pleasure! Eat them and tell me if you like them! - 40.4563
Tasty French Toast
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the egg whites, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt by beating lightly.
2. Heat a griddle or heavy frying pan until hot and grease it well with oil.
3. Dipping bread slices in the egg white mixture fry in the greased hot pan... - 36.659
Here is a delicious sandwich to make with corned beef. You will need sauerkraut for this. You can use store bought or make your own. Sauerkraut is quite simple to make and is always tastier when made at home! This sandwich is traditionally made with rye... - 120.851
Good For You French Toast
1) In a small skillet, toast the pecans over a low heat until they are fragrant.
2) In a food processor or blender, process the pecans. Add the milk, and puree until smooth, keep aside.
3) In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites, then add the... - 43.7505
Jam French Toast Triangles
You will find the Jam French Toast Triangles a rare treat! Prepare the Jam French Toast Triangles with a little effort and enjoy the recipe! - 34.7898
Sour Cream-apple Pancakes
This Sour Cream-Apple Pancakes has for long been our family pancake recipe. All you need to do is to get together the ingredients to make this Sour Cream-Apple Pancakes and you are in heaven. Check it out! - 33.3498
I grew up eating these Pancakes. My kids love even watching me cook these pancakes. And yes, they taste awesome. - 34.7818
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine Splenda,egg, vanilla
extract and cinnamon.
2) Soak bread one slice at a time until saturated with liquid.
3) Cook on a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium/high heat until lightly browned, approximately 2-3 minutes on... - 34.6936
If you like trying out different types of sandwiches then you got to check this out. This is one yummy sandwich you will ever come across, as it's made with an Indian twist. It's super easy to make but still delicious. Do check out the video for the recipe... - 92.5636
Grilled Turkey Sandwiches
Spread the cream cheese on two slices of bread.
Layer cheese, turkey and spinach over cream cheese; top with remaining bread.
Spread butter on top and bottom of sandwiches.
Cook on both sides on a hot griddle or skillet until the bread is browned and cheese... - 28.5
Grilled Cheese With Pineapple
Combine mayonnaise and nutmeg; blend well.
Spread 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on each slice of bread.
Place a cheese slice on two slices of bread; top with pineapple and remaining slices of bread.
Transfer sandwiches to a sandwich press or hot griddle... - 29.6532
Grilled Turkey And Cheese Sandwiches
Combine mustard and green onions; spread mustard mixture evenly over 4 bread slices.
Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese, 2 tomato slices, and 2 turkey slices.
Sprinkle an additional 2 tablespoons cheese over each; top with remaining 4 bread slices.
Transfer... - 32.6841
Combine turkey, ham, marmalade, and mustard in a small bowl; stir well.
Spread meat mixture evenly over 4 slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices.
Transfer sandwiches to a sandwich press or hot griddle that has been coated with cooking spray.
Cook... - 27.2962
Grilled Three Cheese Sandwiches
In a blender container or food processor bowl blend or process cottage cheese till smooth.
In a medium mixing bowl combine cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, celery, raisins, and Parmesan cheese.
Divide cheese mixture among three slices of the bread, spreading... - 34.5022
Grilled Cheddar And Apple Sandwiches
In small bowl, combine apple butter and mustard; spread one side of each bread slice with the mixture, and one side with butter.
With buttered sides facing out, fill each sandwich with shredded cheese and apple slices, dividing evenly.
Preheat griddle on... - 29.798
Alabama Steak Sandwiches
Alabama steak sandwiches are probably the simplest sandwiches you would have come across. But the flavorful meat tastes great along with the cheese. It would have been great if we could see how the finished ones look, but I hope they look great as well. Check... - 119.36
Skillet Grilled Cheese
Have you ever grilled a sandwich on a skillet - if not, then watch this video to learn the easy technique. You don’t always need to flame up your grill oven for grilling a simple cheese sandwich. It is so simple that even a beginner can try this out. - 77.2141
Easy Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Is there anything more soul-satisfying than crispy grilled sandwich stuffed with gooey cheese filling? Betty whomps up a truly melt-in-the-mouth grilled cheese recipe that can just make for an ideal addition to your lunch box or even after-work supper.... - 85.4785
Delicious Cuban Sandwich
The classic combo of pork, ham, cheese and mustard makes Cuban sandwich so very lip-smacking. In this recipe, Juan Montalvo trims down the excess fat in the rather conventional recipe by replacing Cuban bread with whole wheat roll and grills it to perfection... - 90.5704
Sweet Potato Paratha
Paratha is a recipe with a combination of wheat flour along with the choice of vegetables made into flat circular breads. Of all the common varieties, the paratha made from sweet potato is also one. Considering fiber content, complex carbohydrates, protein,... - 47.4515
Grilled Blue Cheese Sandwiches
Place cottage cheese in container of an electric blender or food processor; cover and process on high speed 30 seconds or until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
Transfer to a small bowl.
Stir in watercress and next 5 ingredients.
Spread cheese... - 39.3235
Jim Ackland's Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
1. Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over a low flame. Butter one side of bread. Spread choice of mustard, horseradish, or other condiments on the other side. Layer on the cheese, ham, roasted chilies, tomato, roasted red pepper, onion, and mushrooms, then... - 33.8672
Light And Lean Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
Want a grown-up sandwich recipe that isn't just meant for kids? Then try Betty's favorite, lean, mean grilled pimento cheese sandwich. Elemental in its construction and primal in its comfort, this grilled cheese sandwich is as easy to make as it is to love.... - 102.506
Sprouted Gram Sandwich
It is a healthy & delicious sandwich.It consists of sprouted pulses,hence, it is easy to digest.It provides good quality protein, B vitamins, fibre, minerals & some amount of Vitamin C.One sandwich will provide approximately 250Kcal. - 46.8703
Tasty French Toast - Part 1: Preparing
The famous French toast can now be easily made as per your taste. A different treat indeed with tofu, honey and vanilla. This toast has a lovely flavor and is easy to prepare. - 102.086
Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes
Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes tastes nice. The seeds adds up the taste of Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes. The vegetarians must try Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes. - 45.6418