- » Wheat Dough
Wheat Dough Recipes
Wheat dough is prepared from whole wheat flour, refined flour or a combination of both, along with sugar, eggs, milk, yeast, sea salt, water etc. The dough may or may not be leavened with baking powder and yeast. ... More »
Sour Dough Bread
Prepare starter at least 2 days before you plan to use it.
Mix flour and water until smooth in a 1-quart bowl or glass jar; add sugar and stir until dissolved.
Cover loosely and let stand in a warm (about 80° F.), draft-free place until fermented (mixture... - 46.1917
1) In a bowl add sugar, yeast, salt , and flour and mix well.
2) Take a skillet and add water, milk, and butter to it and cook this mixture for some time over low heat, till the butter dissolves completely.
3)Allow the mixture to cool at 120 F to... - 42.27
Whole Wheat Single Rising Dough
In a bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and wheat germ.
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm water.
Add sugar, salt, milk, butter, and eggs.
Beat in 3 cups of the flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, then beat until dough is elastic... - 41.7108
Wheat Bread Dough
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. In a large bowl, combine one and a half cups all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and yeast; stir well.
3. Add warm water and oil and beat with a mixer at low speed to blend them well; beat at medium speed for... - 39.9787
Whole Wheat Filo Dough
1. In a food processor, mix the whole wheat flour and salt.
2. Slowly add the water, and process till the dough forms a ball, which should take 2-3 seconds after the water has been added.
3. Go on processing and add the cornstarch 1 tablespoon... - 39.9465
1. Check temperature of water with thermometer.
2. In large bowl of electric mixer sprinkle yeast over water and stir until dissolved.
3. Add sugar, salt, butter, eggs and 3 cups flour.
4. Beat at medium speed 4 minutes, occasionally... - 38.8933
Sift flour and salt together.
Use a fork to work in butter (batter will be lumpy).
Add eggs and water; stir until smooth.
Place dough on well-floured board and knead until smooth, about 15 minutes.
Set aside for 15 minutes.
Roll out dough as thin as... - 38.4774
Put the yeast, sugar and 2 tablespoons of the water into a small bowl and mash the mixture with a fork to make a smooth paste.
Set the bowl aside in a warm, draft-free place for about 15 minutes or until the mixture is puffed up and frothy.
Sift the flour and... - 36.9556
Sour Dough Pancakes
First step is to make the "starter" batch.
Use a wooden bucket or a crock with a loose-fitting cover.
Mix the flour with the water until smooth.
Add the sugar and the yeast cake, which has been soaked in 1/4 cup of water.
Stir the whole mass together in the... - 36.6383
Basic Coffee Cake Dough
1. In small saucepan, heat milk just until bubbles form around edge of pan; remove from heat. Add sugar, salt and butter, stirring until butter is melted. Let cool to lukewarm (a drop sprinkled on wrist will not feel warm).
2. If possible, check temperature... - 36.2468
1. In a bowl mix dry ingredients.
2. Blend yeast in half a teacupful of the water and add to the flour with sufficient additional water to bind.
3. Add oil and knead to a soft dough.
4. Cover and leave in a warm place for two or three... - 33.2157
Basic Pizza Dough
1. In a small bowl, combine the yeast and sugar. Add the water and stir to mix. If the yeast is not active and bubbling within 5 minutes, discard it and repeat the procedure with a new envelope of yeast.
2. Measure 3 cups of flour by spooning into a 1-cup... - 31.9783
1. On sheet of waxed paper, sift flour with spices and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl of electric mixer, at high speed, beat butter with brown sugar and egg until mixture is very light and fluffy.
3. With wooden spoon, stir in half of flour mixture; then... - 30.9864
Basic Noodle Dough
Sift flour and salt into bowl.
Make a little well in center and drop in slightly beaten eggs.
Work with fingers until mixture becomes a very stiff paste; if it is too moist, more flour must be added.
Divide dough into halves and roll into two balls.
Put... - 30.8954
Baking Powder Based Dough
1. Sift flour and baking powder together into a bowl, add sugar. Using your fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and using a round-ended knife, mix in egg and enough milk to form a... - 29.5721
Sour Dough Starter
1) In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, cover, and let it stand for 48 hours.
2) Use as required. - 28.5179
Wheat Dough Recipes By Category