- » Wheat Dessert
Wheat Dessert Recipes
Enjoy our collection of wheat dessert recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for wheat dessert recipes.
The Veggie Kitchen version of a classic Pennsylvania Dutch treat
This pie is very moist and has the rich flavor of molasses. - 115.414
Indian Wheat Halwa
One of the easiest and simplest Indian sweet. Wholesome and very healthy combination of wheat flour with home made ghee and lots of dry fruits. This halwa is just perfect during winter time and very healthy breakfast or evening snack for kids. - 100.537
Indian Diwali Sweet Mohanthal
For this Diwali, why not make sweets at home? Following Bhal Dave's process to make Mohanthal would just add to the sweetness of the festival as you beam with delight at your making this delightful dessert. You can also try it whenever you feel like having ... - 65.7184
1. In small bowl, combine raisins, brandy and lemon peel; toss lightly to mix well; set aside.
2. In small saucepan, heat milk until bubbles form around edge of pan; remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup granulated sugar; let cool to lukewarm.
3. If possible,... - 49.5188
Original Bread Pudding
1. In a bowl place the bread cut into four pieces, cover with water and let it soak for an hour.
2. Draining the water off squeeze the bread in a sieve until it is quite dry.
3. In another bowl mix all the other ingredients together, add the bread and... - 49.3051
For crust, place steel blade in work bowl; add 3/4 cup flour, butter, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 4 strips lemon peel.
Process till peel is finely chopped and mixture is crumbly.
Add 1 egg yolk and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla; process just till mixture forms a ball,... - 49.2353
Coffee And Walnut Layer Cake
Line and grease two 20 cm / 8 inch sandwich tins.
Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl over a pan of boiling water until thick enough to leave a trail. (If using an electric beater, the hot water is unnecessary.)
Partially fold in the flour, then add the oil... - 49.0772
1. Combine butter or margarine, evaporated milk, granulated sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Heat slowly; melt butter or margarine; cool to lukewarm.
2. Beat 4 of the eggs in a large bowl; stir in milk mixture.
3. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a... - 48.8459
Boston Cream Pie
Stir butter just to soften.
Sift in flour, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar.
Add 3/4 cup milk and the vanilla.
Mix until dry ingredients are dampened.
Then beat for 2 minutes at low speed of electric mixer or 300 vigorous strokes by hand.
Add eggs... - 48.6247
Three Kings Ring
In large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
In a saucepan heat milk, butter or margarine, granulated sugar, and salt just till warm (115° to 120°), stirring constantly.
Add milk mixture to dry mixture in mixing bowl; add eggs and... - 48.3027
1. In small saucepan, heat milk until bubbles form around edge of pan; remove from heat. Add 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 cup butter; stir until butter is melted; let cool to lukewarm.
2. Sift together flour, cardamom and salt. Grease two large cookie sheets.
3.... - 47.621
Whole Wheat Waffles With Honey Peanut Butter Drizzle
1. Prepare a waffle iron by brushing with canola oil. Spray with cooking spray if required
2. Set it on medium heat to warm up while the batter is being prepared.
3. In a small microwaveable bowl, pour out the honey and the peanut... - 47.5872
1. Start by preheating the oven to 425°F
2. Take the apricots, nuts and gingerand chop them finely
3. In a pot, pour in milk and honey and heat it, then take the mixture and stir into the yeast,
4. In a large bowl, place the flour and... - 47.517
To make the cake put all the ingredients, except the almonds in a mixing bowl.
Beat thoroughly until the mixture is thick and pale.
Pour into a greased 23 cm - 9" square cake tin.
Bake for 1.5 hours until firm and golden brown.
Remove the cake from the oven... - 47.4702
Gateau Saint Honore
1. Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out a 20cm/8in circle. Use a flan ring or an upturned plate as your guide. Place the pastry round on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment, prick all over with a fork and chill while you... - 47.3293
1) Set the oven to 325°.
2) Grease a 7-inch springform pan with butter.
3) Into the bottom of the pan, sprinkle crushed crackers.
4) Take a large bowl and using an electric mixer beat cream cheese in it until soft.
5) Add salt and egg... - 47.3048
Carrot Spice Cake
In large bowl, with electric mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, salt and carrot.
Stir in remaining ingredients and beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
Pour batter into a greased 8 or 9-inch round baking dish with small... - 47.1891
Danish Pastry Wreaths
1. In bowl, with wooden spoon, beat butter and 1/4 cup flour until smooth. Spread on waxed paper (on wet surface) to 12-by-8-inch rectangle. Refrigerate on cookie sheet.
2. Heat 3/4 cup milk slightly. Add granulated sugar and salt; stir to dissolve. Cool to... - 46.9717
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
2. Place water and butter in saucepan. Heat over a low heat until butter melts. Cool slightly.
3. Place eggs in bowl, whisk. Sift flour into bowl. Add sugar, milk and butter. Mix.
4. Spoon batter evenly into patty cake... - 46.8809
Whole Wheat Citrus Spice Cookies
In small nonmetal bowl, combine candied lemon peel, candied orange peel, currants, and rum.
Stir to distribute rum.
Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
Combine honey and molasses in heavy saucepan.
Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
Remove... - 46.8134
Buttermilk Spice Cake
In mixing bowl stir together flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cloves.
Add buttermilk and shortening.
Beat 2 minutes on medium speed of electric mixer.
Add eggs; beat 2 minutes more.
Spread batter in three greased and floured 8x1... - 46.7753
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease well a 9-inch tube pan.
2. Sift flour with baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
3. In large bowl, combine currants, candied fruits and peels, raisins and cherries; mix well.
4. In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed,... - 46.7631
In large mixing bowl combine 3 cups of the flour and the yeast.
In saucepan heat together milk, sugar, butter or margarine, and salt just till warm (115° to 120°), stirring constantly.
Add to dry mixture in mixing bowl; add egg.
Beat at low speed of... - 46.7553
Cider Spice Cake
Set Power Select at MEDIUM.
Combine 2 1/4 cups flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt and baking soda.
With electric mixer, cream sugar and butter; add egg.
Alternately add flour mixture and cider, mixing until smooth; fold in raisins tossed with 2 tablespoons... - 46.5935
Black Forest Gateau
Grease and flour two 20 cm / 8 inch round cake tins.
Place the eggs and the sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk until they form a trail.
Remove the bowl from the pan and whisk until the mixture is cool.
Fold in the flour mixture... - 46.4129
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Sift flour with salt and set aside.
Melt chocolate over simmering water, then cool.
Cream butter until light, gradually add 3/4 cup sugar and cream until fluffy.
Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in... - 46.0094
Measure cocoa and place in a medium glass bowl.
Slowly stir in water.
Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes.
Set aside to cool slightly.
Combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and beat well.
Alternately add... - 45.9907
Black Bread Pudding
Beat egg yolks at high speed in a small bowl until thick.
Gradually beat in sugar.
Continue beating at high speed until mixture is very thick and piles softly.
Using clean beaters and a large bowl, beat egg whites with salt until stiff, not dry, peaks... - 45.7022
Beat ghee or butter until soft and smooth.
Add one egg at a time, beating constantly.
Gradually add flour and milk alternately, and keep mixing.
Add almonds, if used, currants, peel and caraway seeds.
Mix and add toddy or beer or prepared yeast.
Mix well,... - 45.5531
Seed Cake Supreme
Begin this cake at least an hour-and-a-half before you plan to bake it, as you must soak the currants in the orange juice until they begin to get plump.
To hasten the process, you might simmer them in the orange juice over a low flame.
In a large mixing bowl,... - 45.5418
Thoroughly stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
Stir in brown sugar.
Gut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add egg yolk and almonds; mix thoroughly with hands till mixture forms a ball.
Reserve 1/2 cup of the... - 45.4848
Mewa Nu Malido
Mix flour, salt, milk and 3-4 tbsp ghee and bind.
Knead and roll into rotlis.
Shallow fry in a little of the measured ghee.
Cool and break into fine pieces, like rough semolina.
Make a thin syrup with sugar and a little water.
Cool and add eggs, mavo and... - 45.4848
Light Fruit Cake
Preheat oven to 300° F.
Grease, then line the bottom and sides of a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan with foil; grease foil lightly.
Sift flour with baking powder, salt, and spices and set aside.
Cream butter until light, gradually add sugar, continuing to cream until... - 45.3284
Sift flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt together; mix in crushed shredded wheat and set aside.
Cream butter with extract; add brown sugar gradually, beating until fluffy.
Add egg and beat thoroughly.
Add the dry ingredients in fourths, mixing until... - 45.305
Pina Colada Squares
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda. Add butter and use a pastry blender to blend until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Set aside 7 cups of the crumb mixture for later use.
4.... - 45.2765
Basic Chiffon Cake
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Sift flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a bowl.
Make a well in the center and add, in the order listed, the oil, egg yolks, water, vanilla, and lemon juice.
Beat until smooth.
Using largest bowl and electric mixer or rotary... - 45.1767
Wheat Soy Dessert
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Combine skim milk powder, whole wheat flour and water with a wire whisk.
Put in saucepan; bring to boil; add salt.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in combined raisins and... - 44.9329
Basic Steamed Lemon Pudding
Sift flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar until light, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in lemon rind and juice.
Add flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour; beat well... - 44.8838
Monkey's Lunch Cake
Cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
Beat in the banana.
Blend in the Irish Cream.
Sift together the baking soda, baking powder, flour and salt, fold into the cake.
Pour batter... - 44.7323
Graham Cracker Upside Down Cake
In large mixing bowl cream granulated sugar with 1/2 cup butter.
Add eggs, one at a time; mix well after each, beating a total of about 5 minutes.
Mix crumbs, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk; set... - 44.723
Challah Sabbath Twist
1. If possible, check temperature of water with thermometer. In large bowl, sprinkle yeast and sugar over water, stirring until dissolved.
2. Add salt, oil, eggs and 3 cups flour; beat with electric mixer until smooth— about 2 minutes. Gradually add... - 44.676
Scalloped Mousse Flan
Sift dry ingredients together.
Rub in fat till mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, add finely grated cheese then mix to a stiff paste with cold water.
Turn out on to a lightly floured board, knead quickly till smooth then divide pastry in two.
Roll one half... - 44.5735
1. To make the pastry, put the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl. Sift over the flour.
2. Rub or cut in with a pastry blender to bind the dough together. Wrap in clear film (plastic wrap) and chill for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven... - 44.5077
In a large bowl, place butter, brown sugar, and molasses; beat until smooth, then stir in buttermilk.
In a separate bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, wheat germ, soda, and salt until thoroughly blended.
Add to buttermilk mixture and... - 44.0306
Easy Devils Food Cake
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into large electric mixer bowl.
Drop in shortening and add 3/4 cup milk and the vanilla.
Mix at lowest speed 15 seconds just to blend.
Beat 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl and... - 43.9587
Nut & Chocolate Brownies
Cream together sugar and butter.
Add eggs and vanilla.
Combine cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt.
Blend dry ingredients into sugar mixture.
Stir in nuts.
Spread mixture in an 8-inch glass baking dish.
Microwave at HIGH 6 to 7 minutes.
Cut... - 43.9048
Wheat And Oat Fruit Cobbler
Drain cherries and save the liquid.
Add enough water to make 1 cup (250 mL).
Combine 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar replacement and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
Add cherry liquid, cherries and food coloring, if using.
Stir to blend.
Cook over medium heat until... - 43.8138
Saute apples in butter just until tender.
Combine yogurt and egg yolks.
Add whole wheat flour, then lemon rind and juice and honey.
Add this mixture to the apples and cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
Preheat oven to... - 43.7781
1)In a bowl, mix wheat flour, baking powder, bran and soy flakes.
2)In another bowl add eggs, oil and honey to combine well.
3)In a medium bowl, combine together both mixtures.
4)Add buttermilk to adjust the consistency of pancake batter.
5)Heat the... - 43.721
Hilda S Yorkshire Scones
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Sift flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a bowl.
Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in margarine until the texture of coarse meal.
Add raisins and toss to mix.
Add egg and milk and mix with a fork until mixture forms a... - 43.5723
1. Grease a ¼ inch deep baking tray with oil or ghee.
2. Put a medium heavy bottomed sauce pan over a low flame.
3. Add the semolina in the pan and dry roast it stirring frequently to prevent it from burning until it is lightly... - 43.5689
Lemon Angel Food Cake
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Sift 3/4 cup sugar with the flour and set aside.
Sprinkle cream of tartar and salt over egg whites; beat with a wire whisk or rotary beater until very soft peaks form (whites should flow, not run, when bowl is tipped).
Sift a little... - 43.5277
Tiny Cheese Pinwheels
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a small bowl, cream the butter with the cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and paprika.
3) Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar and 3/4 teaspoon salt together.
4) Gently cut in the... - 43.2484
Loaf Pound Cake
Set oven at 350.
Cream butter and lemon peel.
Gradually add sugar, creaming until light.
Add vanilla, then eggs 1 at a time.
Beat well after each egg.
Stir in dry sifted ingrediants.
Grease BOTTOM only of 9x5x3 pan and pour in batter.
Bake 350 degrees for 50... - 43.0656
Angel Food Cake With Raspberry Sauce
1. For the cake: Heat oven to 375°F. Sift flour twice. Add 1/3 cup of the sugar substitute and salt to flour and sift again. Set aside.
2. Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar, vanilla... - 43.0486
Dissolve 1/2 tsp sugar in water and sprinkle yeast on top.
Leave till frothy.
Sift flour, a pinch of salt and remaining sugar into a large bowl.
Add yeast mixture, melted butter and eggs and mix to a soft dough.
Knead till smooth and glossy.
Leave to rise in... - 43.0241
1. Pick and wash gram.
2. Add just enough water to cook.
3. Cook till water has evaporated and gram is tender.
4. Add sugar and cook until mixture becomes thick.
5. Pass it through a sieve when mixture is hot. Add grated nutmeg.
6. Make a very soft dough with... - 42.8828
Ribbon Spice Cake
1. Grease three 9x1 1/2-inch round layer-cake pans. Dust lightly with flour; tap out excess.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg onto wax paper.
3. Beat butter or margarine, sugar and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer at high speed,... - 42.5764
Great Orange Wheat Cookies
Combine frozen orange-juice concentrate and cereal in a medium-size microwavable bowl.
Cover with paper towels.
Microwave on High for 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in margarine, re-cover, and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Add vanilla, egg, and sugar replacement.
Beat... - 42.4715
Fudge Surprise Cake
Combine caramels, condensed milk, and 1 tablespoon butter in a 2 1/2-quart glass casserole.
Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes.
Stir after 2 minutes.
Combine cake mix, water, eggs, and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
Beat with mixer according to cake package... - 42.4591
Graham Shortbread Bars
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter.
3. Then, remove the pan from heat and add brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
4. Further, combine flour and graham cracker crumbs. The dough is ready.
5. Pat the dough... - 42.3562
Whole Wheat Bread Pudding
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Lightly spray a 1 1/2-quart souffle dish or casserole with no-stick spray.
Place the bread cubes in the dish or casserole.
Sprinkle the raisins on top.
In a medium bowl, beat together the milk, egg whites, sugar, cinnamon and rum... - 42.2202
Whole Wheat Applesauce Cake Or Cupcakes
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2) Oil and flour a baking pan, or muffin tins.
3) In a bowl, mix the oil and sugar thoroughly, until creamy.
4) To this, add applesauce and baking soda.
5) Gradually add flour and cinnamon, blending... - 42.1944
Whole Wheat Fruit Cake
Preheat oven to 300°C.
Mix together flours, wheat germ, and soda.
Combine eggs, mincemeat, milk, nuts, and fruit.
Fold dry ingredients into wet.
Pour into well-greased 9-inch tube pan or spring-form.
Bake for 2 hours or until center springs back when touched... - 41.861
Neat Wheat Brownies
Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan; set aside.
Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside In a saucepan melt shortening.
Remove from heat; stir in sugar and cocoa powder.
Add eggs and vanilla; stir till blended.
Stir in dry ingredients and the 3/4... - 41.8038
Who doesn’t love s’mores? It’s near impossible to go wrong with the classic campfire trinity of graham crackers (here, stirred right into the cake batter), marshmallows and chocolate, and this cake interpretation doesn’t fail to please. - 41.6729
1. Refrigerate ungreased cookie sheets until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F. Sift flour with salt.
3. In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
4. At low speed, beat in flour... - 41.6316
Hot Fudge Pudding
In a 3-quart casserole combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa.
Stir in milk, oil and vanilla.
Sprinkle top with brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa, mixed together.
Heat water in a 2-cup glass measure in microwave until boiling.
Pour over... - 41.495
Trudy's Basic Crepes
Combine the ingredients in a blender and set aside for at least 2 hours.
Brush crepe pan, 6 or 7-inch skillet, with melted butter.
Spoon batter in pan as thin as possible, using about 1/4 scant cup.
Twirl pan to spread.
Brown lightly, turn and brown the other... - 41.3166
Easy Figgy Pudding
In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
In a bowl, combine carrots', cranberries, brown sugar, oil, honey, and eggs.
Add carrot mixture to dry ingredients.
Pour into greased 7-cup mold.
Bake in a 325-degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until it tests... - 41.2849
Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
Measure flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into small bowl.
Mix with pastry blender.
Add shortening; cut in with pastry blender.
When like fine crumbs, add milk; mix lightly with fork until it comes together (it will be a sticky... - 41.282
1) In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Keep aside.
2) Gently beat egg yolks. Mix with sugar and salt.
3) Mix milk. Cook the contents in the top part of double boiler over boiling water, stirring constantly.
4) Stir in gelatin mixture till well... - 41.0123
Place the flour and oats in a mixing bowl and sift in the soda, salt and ginger.
Place the butter, treacle, syrup and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently.
Cool slightly, then add to the dry ingredients, together with the milk; mix thoroughly.
Pour into a... - 40.9799
1 In a bowl, soak the coarsely ground wheat in 3 cups of water overnight.
2 In a pan, dissolve sugar in 5 cups of water, and cook on medium heat to make a thin syrup.
3 Remove from the heat and keep aside.
4 In a pan, heat the... - 40.7935
Lambbone And Limabean Soup
1) In soup kettle, add bones and trimmings.
2) Add beans and water and keep aside for 2 hours.
3) Stir onion and celery and boil slowly. Skim the foam from top. Simmer for two hours.
4) Take off trimmings and bone.
5) Mince meat on the bone and add to... - 40.5963
In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except water.
Beat at low speed or cut with pastry blender until particles resemble coarse crumbs.
Gradually stir in water while stirring with fork just until dough forms.
Chill, if necessary, for easier handling.
Roll... - 40.396
1. Boil the milk in a thick bottomed pan.
2. Sprinkle the semolina and stir to the boil.
3. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Add the sugar, butter, flavouring and egg yolk if included.
5. Pour into a pie dish.
6. Brown under a grill.
7. Serve hot. - 40.2799
Grease a large tray and set aside.
Melt the ghee in a heavy based pan over a low heat.
Add the semolina and braise slowly until golden for a few minutes, stirring continuously.
Add the almonds, sugar and the nutmeg then stir again.
Add the milk and stir until... - 40.263
First make the sauce.
Mix the sugar and cornstarch together in a saucepan.
Pour in the water gradually and stir to mix until the sauce begins to bubble.
Simmer for 1 minute, then remove from the heat.
Stir in the butter and the lemon rind and juice.
Heat the... - 39.9292
Whole Wheat Muffins
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Place whole wheat flour in a large mixing bowl, then sift all-purpose flour with sugar, baking powder, and salt directly into bowl; toss well to mix.
Beat egg with milk, oil, and molasses until foamy.
Make a well in the center of the... - 39.8889
Virginia Brown Bread
Preheat oven to 325°.
Grease a 9"x 5"x 3" loaf pan.
In a large bowl, whisk flours, sugar, cornmeal, baking soda and salt together.
Add milk, egg, oil and molasses.
Whisk until smooth.
Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until done.
Cool five minutes in pan... - 39.8444
Hungarian Cream Cake
Sift flour once; measure; add baking powder and salt; sift together three times.
Gradually, add sugar to eggs and beat well.
Add flour, alternately with cream, a small amount at a time.
Beat after each addition, until smooth.
Bake in greased... - 39.8404
Heat ghee and roast semolina till pink.
Add 2 1/2 cups boiling water and blend so that no lumps are left.
Add sugar and cardamom powder.
Cook till dry.
Cool and make into lemon-sized balls.
Using flour, oil, turmeric and water, make a soft... - 39.8352
Plain Sponge Cake
1)In a bowl beat togethr butter/clarified butter and sugar. Beat to make a sauce. Now add in egg, flour, baking powder and essence. Beat again for 15 to 20 minutes.
2)Ferment mixture for 2 to 3 hours in a warm place.
3)After 3 hours, stir mixture... - 39.7112
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Oil a baking sheet (approximately 10 1/2xl5 1/2x1-inch).
Cut parchment or brown paper (from a grocery bag) to fit the pan, lay it in and oil it also, being sure to do so evenly.
Beat egg yolks with honey until thick and... - 39.7052
Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
Mix in cornmeal.
Combine egg, molasses, and milk; stir into dry mixture.
Blend in melted shortening.
Pour into greased 8-inch square pan.
Bake in preheated hot oven (400°F.) for 25 minutes. - 39.6293
Butterscotch & Almond Puddings With Butterscotch Sauce
1. For the butterscotch sauce, put the butter, sugars and golden syrup into a pan and leave over a low heat, stirring from time to time, until the sugars have dissolved. Stir in the cream, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, then leave to cool. This can be... - 39.475
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Sift flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
Cream butter and sugar until light, add egg, and beat well.
Mix vanilla and milk.
Add flour and milk alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour and beating after each... - 39.4367
Whole Wheat Cake
Sift the white flour, measure and resift twice with baking powder and salt; then add whole wheat flour and stir in thoroughly.
Cream shortening, blend in sugar, and add beaten eggs; beat until smooth and fluffy.
Stir in vanilla.
Add flour mixture and milk... - 39.4027
Maple Cottage Pudding
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Allow the syrup to come to boil. Take a 1 ½ quart baking dish, grease thoroughly and pour the syrup into it.
3. In a bowl, sieve on all the dry ingredients. Beat in shortening, egg and milk to a smooth... - 39.3598
Speedy Soft Pretzels
1. In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, the yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. With wooden spoon, stir water and oil into flour mixture until smooth. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make dough stiff enough to leave side of bowl.
2. Turn dough... - 39.1594
Fresh Berry Pie
1. Prehear the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the pastry flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Grate the butter into the flour mixture. Using your hands or a pastry blender, work the butter into the flour mixture until the pieces... - 38.6239
Whole Wheat Bread Pudding
1. Place the whole wheat bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake at 200°F in the oven till dried
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients and add to an oiled, two-quart casserole and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F
3. Serve as... - 38.5437
Whole Wheat Honey Cake
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves into a large mixing bowl. Stir in orange rind.
Combine vegetable oil, honey and milk in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients,... - 38.4906
Spice Cake Mix
1) In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda and powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt to sift together for 2 times.
2) With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening to the mixture until it looks like cornmeal.
3) Use to... - 38.4759
Whole Wheat Coffee Cake
In large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well blended.
Stir together flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and soda.
Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to butter mixture; blend well.
Generously butter a... - 38.3537
Preheat griddle over moderate heat while you mix batter or, if using an electric griddle, preheat as manufacturer directs.
Sift flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder into a bowl or wide-mouthed pitcher.
Combine egg, milk, and oil, slowly stir into dry... - 38.325
Simple Christmas Pudding
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well (a). Sift flour with spice and salt. Stir into creamed mixture (b). Add mixed fruit (c), dates, cherries and sherry or orange juice and mix well.
2. Spoon mixture into greased 4-cups... - 37.68
Liberian Cassava Cake
1. Wash and peel the tapioca. Grate tapioca and soak in milk for 5 minutes.
2. Cream butter and sugar; add beaten egg, grated coconut and tapioca mixture.
3. Sift flour with baking powder and add to the batter. Add a few drops of vanilla essence. Pour the... - 37.6698
1. Dry the flour out in a slow oven for 2-3 minutes if the weather is humid.
2. Sift the flour with the salt on to a baking sheet and set aside till required
3. Preheat the oven to a moderate temperature
4. Place the butter and water in... - 37.474