- » Western Bean Pot
Western Bean Pot Recipes
Enjoy our collection of western bean pot recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for western bean pot recipes.
Western Style Bean Pot
Rinse and sort through beans.
In a deep 3 1/2- to 4-quart pan, bring 2 quarts of the water to a boil over high heat.
Let water return to a boil; then boil, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
Remove pan from heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
Drain and... - 41.3156
Western Chicken Pot Pie
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a 12x8 inch baking dish and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Take a large saucepan and mix flour with 2 cups milk in it. Blend nicely.
4) Add bouillon, pepper and mustard. Cook the mixture... - 45.8466
Bean And Cabbage Hot Pot Ouillade
(1) In a large kettle, combine all ingredients except the boiled beans and liquid.
(2) Place the covered pan over a medium flame and bring to a boil
(3) Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until potatoes and rutabaga are tender cooked.
(4) Drain... - 41.3587
Beef And Bean Pot
In a bowl, combine the minced beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, 1 x 5 ml spoon (1 teaspoon) salt and pepper to taste. Shape into about 100 small balls the size of a walnut, with floured hands.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add a single layer of beef balls and... - 27.7464
South Of The Border Bean Pot
1. Preheat the oven to 275° F.
2. Drain beans and rinse well under running tap water
3. Tip the drained beans in a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients.
5. Place casserole in the preheated oven and bake, for, 2... - 47.4247
Black Bean Pot
Place beans in heavy iron pot with salt pork, ham bone and water.
Meanwhile, saute onion, garlic and carrot in fat in a separate skillet.
Add to pot.
Add bay leaf, thyme, nutmeg and hash.
Cover and cook slowly 3 hours.
Add sugar, pot, and... - 41.288
New Version Of Old Spanish Bean Pot
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. In a pan fry bacons till they are crisp.
3. In the drippings add the onions and fry them till they are golden in color.
4. Add onions and bacon with beans.
5. Mix syrup, vinegar, coffee and beans.
6. In a... - 44.2012
About 15 minutes before serving:
1. In skillet combine kidney beans with baked beans, onion, salt, seasoned pepper, and oregano; simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally with 2-tined fork.
2. Then spoon mixture into 5 large... - 20.5756
Spanish Bean Pot
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a large casserole dish, combine beans in their cooking liquid all ingredients except coffee and rum.
3. Cover casserole with its lid or with foil
4. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour
5. Remove... - 45.7672
Bean And Vegetable Stew
Welcome friends and family with a hearty, one-pot Italian-style stew served over polenta. - 37.6858
Southern Beef And Bean Pot
Trim all fat from the meat and cut it into large fork-size pieces. Coat in the seasoned flour. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the meat with the onions until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Add the stock, beans and berries. Tie the bay leaf and... - 26.9721
Spicy Ground Turkey Pot Pie
1. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook ground turkey and onion, stirring frequently, until all pan juices evaporate and turkey is well browned.
2. Stir in chili powder; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, water,... - 28.6051
Chili Pot Pie With Cheddar Biscuit Crust
In 5 quart Dutch oven or saucepot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat until hot.
Add half the beef, and cook until browned and juices evaporate.
Transfer beef to small bowl.
Repeat with remaining beef and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
Add remaining 1... - 43.945
Deep Dish Chicken Pot Pie
1. Prepare the pastry, roll in plastic wrap, and chill. In a 6-quart stockpot, place the chicken, enough cold water to cover, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, skimming the surface. Lower the heat; simmer for 1 hour or... - 32.916
Yorkshire Hot Pot
Brown chops on both sides in butter.
Meanwhile, scald milk and light cream with bay leaf, garlic and clove.
Then transfer chops to heavy stew pot and add scalded milk and cream.
Add onions and mushrooms.
Cook 20 minutes.
Add potato balls and... - 45.4239
Turkey & Ham Pot
Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 350°F, 180°C.
Cut the turkey and ham into 1 in/2.5 cm cubes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, then saute the carrots and onions for 5 mins.
Drain well and place in a 5 pint/2.75 litre casserole dish.
Add the turkey and ham to the... - 39.1434
Vanilla Pots De Crème
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Beat egg yolks with sugar until cream colored.
Scald cream with vanilla bean or scald, then add vanilla extract.
Remove vanilla bean if used.
Gradually stir cream into yolks and strain through a small, fine sieve into 6-7 pots de... - 32.3514
Vegetable Pot Pies With Curry Crust
In medium bowl, with fork, stir curry powder, salt, and 1 1/4 cups flour.
With pastry blender or two knives used scissor fashion, cut in shortening and 4 tablespoons margarine or butter (1/2 stick) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Sprinkle about 3... - 45.0871
Navy Bean Health Soup
1. Take a bowl and add 2 quarts of stock or water in it and soak the beans in it and allow it to stay overnight or quickly soak and drain the beans some time before the cooking.
2. Take a large pot, and add all ingredients into it... - 41.0466
Grandma's Baked Beans
Grandma's Baked Beans is a delicious side dish recipe that you will simply love to serve to your loved ones. I am sure, once you try this Grandma's Baked Beans, you will always crave for some more. - 42.0399
Wash beans and soak overnight in water; use a heavy iron pot or dutch oven with tight-fitting lid.
The next day add onion, garlic, and bay leaf; omit salt if meat is used.
Add ham, bacon or pork cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat and... - 34.5161
Estouffat White Bean Stew
(1) Heat a large skillet or kettle over a medium flame.
(2) Add salt pork and sauté until evenly browned.
(3) Drain on paper toweling and keep aside
(4) To the pork fat, add onion and sauté for 6-8 minutes until lightly browned
(5) Tip in the... - 39.66
Boston Baked Beans And Frankfurters
Pick over beans and put in pot with cold water to soak overnight.
Keep in cool place.
In the morning, if any water remains, drain off and reserve.
Add fresh cold water to cover.
Cook beans over gentle heat in tightly covered pot.
Simmer 1 hour.
Reserve... - 42.5456
Boston Baked Beans With Salt Pork
(1) In a large stock pot, soak beans in 1 quart water overnight.
(2) Drain, measure soaking water, and add cold water to make 1 quart.
(3) Place the stock pot on a medium-low flame.
(4) Cover the pot and simmer the beans for 1 hour, stirring... - 43.7892
Rummy Baked Beans
(1) In a stock pot, soak beans in 1 quart water and leave overnight
(2) Drain beans in a colander and rinse well in cold water.
(3) Return them to the stock pot and add bacon and remaining water.
(4) Simmer beans, covered, for 40 minutes
(5)... - 47.0205
Supper Party Lima Beans
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Soak beans overnight.
3. Drain excess water.
4. Add fresh water.
5. Cook beans in water until tender but firm.
6. Drain the excess water.
7. In a small saucepan, heat tomato juice, brown sugar, salt, and... - 42.8014
Red Beans And Rice
Red Beans And Rice is a delicious side dish which I always crave for. Try this Red Beans And Rice; I bet, you will surely get a lot of compliments for this. - 28.3513
Black Bean Soup
1. Take a bowl and pour lots of water into it. Add beans and soak overnight or quickly soak it and drain after discarding the floating beans.
2. Take a large pot, add soaked beans into it along with water, salt, onion and oil and boil... - 44.2561
Black Beans In Rum
Black Beans In Rum is a delicious side dish recipe which I always love to have on my dinner table. I bet, once you have this Black Beans In Rum, you will always crave for some more. - 35.9816
Beef Shank And Bean Trio
1. Place beans in a Dutch oven and add water.
2. Soak beans overnight or quick soak.
3. Do not drain.
4. Place shanks in pot and push them deep to cover.
5. Add onion, salt, sugar, and red pepper.
6. Cover and simmer 2 ½ hours.
7.... - 47.5157
Simple Boston Oven Baked Beans
1. In a 6-quart Dutch oven, precook the soaked beans, allowing 10 minutes for the slow-bake method (30 minutes for the fast-bake). Rinse the beans and drain them well.
2. Preheat the oven to 300°F for slow-bake (350°F for fast-bake). Place 1/2 the salt pork... - 29.4878
Ranch Hand Beans
1. Cook the beans according to the package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again; place in a 4-quart bean pot, baking dish, or casserole.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. While the beans are cooking, in a 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook the bacon and onions... - 32.8235
Baked Soy Beans
1. Preheat the oven at 300°
2. In a bowl combine all ingredients with enough water to make a soupy mixture.
3. Grease a deep 2-quart casserole or bean pot.
4. Turn into the greased dish and bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 7 hours or... - 39.7176
Old Fashioned Baked Beans
To prepare beans :
1. Wash beans, discarding imperfect ones and cover with 2 quarts cold water and refrigerate covered overnight.
2. Then drain beans, turn into 6-quart kettle and cover with 2 quarts cold water and bring to boiling.
3. Reduce... - 41.4275
Wash beans, pick over, and soak in cold water overnight.
Cover, and bring to a boil in the same water in which they were soaked.
Skim; then simmer, covered, until easily pierced with a fork—about 30 min.
Drain, reserving liquid.
Pour boiling water over salt... - 36.5452
Black Bean Soup With Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
1) Lightly brush the husked tomatillos with oil.
2) In a heated cast-iron skillet, roast the tomatillos over a medium-high heat, until softened and lightly charred.
3) Roughly chop the tomatillos, then tranfer into a bowl with just a little... - 47.6477
1. Take a bowl and add dried beans along with water and soak overnight or quickly soak them and drain.
2. Tuck the cloves into half of the onion and add it to the pot with beans.
3. Cover the pot with water and cook until soft.
4.... - 45.6496
All American Baked Beans
1. Cover the beans with water. Soak it overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 250°.
3. Boil the beans and simmer till the beans are tender.
4. Drain excess water. Reserve the water in a bowl.
5. Pour the boiling water on salt pork. Let it stand... - 44.1366
Texas Baked Beans
1. In a bowl, soak beans overnight or quick-soak.
2. Drain water and keep aside.
3. In a pan bring water to a boil.
4. Slowly add beans to it.
5. Reduce heat, and cover. Simmer 2 to 3 hours until beans are tender.
6. In a skillet heat... - 44.1039
White Bean And Garlic Salad With Italian Herbs
Soak the beans in 8 cups of water overnight.
Drain and transfer to a large, heavy-bottomed pot.
Add 8 cups of fresh water and the bay leaves; bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat to moderate and cook, uncovered, for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until... - 43.5206
Louisiana Hot Bean Porridge
1. Boil 3 quarts of water and stir in beans.
2. Boil the beans and remove them from heat, cover and leave it for soaking overnight.
3. Take another bowl and add barley and pour 2 cups of water over it and leave it for soaking overnight.... - 44.1304
Braised Pork With White Beans Kale And Winter Tomatoes
1) In a bowl, soak the beans in water overnight; drain.
2) In a pot, cook the beans in salted water for about 1 hour until tender.
3) Drain and reserve the juice from stewed tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes and keep aside.
4)... - 45.7884
Fagioli Con Caviale
Drain water from beans.
Put in pot with 6 cups cold water, no salt.
Simmer, covered, very slowly until tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
Keep heat as low as possible.
This helps prevent beans from breaking.
When ready to serve, remove beans from pot, without... - 37.1176
Haricot Of Lamb
1. In a dish, soak beans overnight in water or quick-soak.
2. Drain excess water.
3. Take a large pot and out beans in it.
4. Cover the beans in pot with water.
5. Insert cloves halfway into onion.
6. Add to beans in pot.
7. Add the... - 46.432
Pure De Garbanzos
1. Take a bowl and add garbanzo beans and pour lots of water over it and soak them overnight. Or Quickly soak the beans and drain.
2. Add soaked garbanzos into a pot along with onion, carrots, bacon strips, beef broth and hierbas de... - 39.8778
Black Rice Soup
1. Puree or mash the beans in a blender or food processor.
2. Take a large pot and soften shortening and add washed rice and onion.
3. When rice starts browning, stir in salt, tomato sauce and pepper and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Stir in water... - 36.5548
1. Take a pot and add water, chicken and salt and boil the mixture.
2. Cook on slow heat for about an hour until the chicken turns soft.
3. When done remove the chicken from pot, cool and separate meat from bones.
4. Save the stock.
5. Add butter to... - 45.0915
Pure De Legumbres
1. Take a bowl and add beans into it and pour enough to cover it. Leave the beans to soak overnight or quickly soak it and drain the water.
2. Take pot, and add soaked beans and water and cook until their skins become loose. Drain the... - 44.3621
1. Soak garbanzos in water overnight or quickly soak them and drain the water.
2. Tuck cloves into half of the onion and add it to the pot with soaked garbanzos, parsley and bay leaves.
3. Cook garbanzos until soft.
4. Drain the... - 45.6757
Feijoada is a mouth watering delicious side dish stew recipe. Try this Feijoada; I bet you will surely get a huge fan following for this one! - 39.5827
North African Couscous
Here is a fabulous video that displays how to prepare a traditional North African couscous recipe. The chef here is serves the couscous with plenty of vegetables and a flavorful sauce. Try out this couscous with a great zest of flavors for a simple healthy... - 124.623
Boston Baked Soybeans
1. Preheat the oven at 300°.
2. In a bean pot or casserole place soybeans and liquid and add the remaining ingredients.
3. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 2 to 4 hours until beans are soft.
4. Serve the baked... - 36.6168
Pasta E Fagioli
Pasta E Fagioli is a delicious easy to prepare recipe. I bet, once served at a party, you will get a lot of compliments for this Pasta E Fagioli dish. - 31.9589
Ghormeh Sabzee is an irresistible recipe which you would surely love to serve to your friends. Enjoy this delicious non-vegetarian recipe; I am sure you would love to try this Ghormeh Sabzee again-n-again. - 28.8985
Beef Barley Soup
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large pot or Dutch oven.
Season beef with salt, place in the pot, and saute over medium-high heat until lightly browned all over.
Add about 2 cups of the beef stock, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 1... - 36.91
1. In a heavy six-quart pot, simmer the beef and bone in the water about one hour. Add the fresh and smoked pork, bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic, parsley, carrot, celery and leek. Cover tightly and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer slowly one and... - 36.0843
November's Mystery Soup
1) In a large pot, saute the basil, oregano and onion in the oil until lightly golden.
2) Stir in the carrots and saute another 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the split peas and mix well to coat with the oil.
4) Pour the water, stir and allow to boil.
5) Stir... - 47.4743
Soupe Au Pistou
In a deep heavy soup pot or kettle, cook onion and leek gently in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft and golden.
Add boiling water, salt, carrots, potatoes, green beans and tomatoes (add frozen beans later).
Cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
Add zucchini... - 45.7103
1. On a piece of wax paper, toss the steak with the pepper and salt. Place in a 5-quart electric slow cooker. Layer the onion, then the potatoes, carrots, celery, and green beans on top.
2. In a medium-size bowl, stir together the tomatoes, soup, and tapioca... - 31.0233
1. Soak the garbanzos over night.
2. Drain well.
3. In a muslin bag put all the garbanzos. Put the bag in a pot along with 6 ingredients.
4. Add water to cover.
5. Boil and then simmer for 5 hours on low heat.
6. Add chorizo.
7. Take... - 47.1478
Brunswick Stew From Chowning's Tavern
1. In an 8-quart Dutch oven, bring the chicken, water, and 72 teaspoon of the salt to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender, skimming the surface. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken... - 34.7312
1. In an 8-quart stockpot, bring the chicken, beef, pork, water, stock, the 3 whole garlic cloves, and the bay leaves to a boil over high heat, skimming off any foam. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 2 hours or until the chicken and meats are tender.... - 36.4502
1. in a heavy 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Working in batches, add the beef and lamb shanks and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, turning frequently.
2. Transfer the shanks to an 8-quart stockpot and add the water, chicken,... - 35.126
Peruvian Style Potatoes With Garlic Chili Sauce
Cook the potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender.
Drain well and place in a large, ovenproof bowl.
Keep warm in a 325° F oven while preparing the remaining ingredients.
Meanwhile, in a very large saute pan, saute the... - 46.0634
Vegetable Beef With Corn Soup
1. ln an 8-quart stockpot, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the beef shanks and cook, turning frequently, for 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer the shanks to a plate.
2. Add the carrots, celery, onions, and garlic to the stockpot and saute for... - 36.1004
Chopped Vegetable Salad
1) Mustard Vinaigrette : In a small bowl, whisk the mustard and vinegar together with a wire whisk.
2) Gradually whisk in the oils.
3) Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
4) Salad: In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over a... - 48.7879
End Of Garden Relish
1. In an 8-quart stainless steel or enameled stock-pot, dissolve the salt in the water. Stir in the 7 vegetables, cover loosely, and let stand for 12 to 18 hours. Rinse several times, drain well, and return to the same stockpot.
2. Add the sugar, vinegar, and... - 36.4765
Boston Brown Bread
1. Butter 2 clean 12- to 16-ounce coffee cans. Completely line the insides with foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang; butter the foil. In a large bowl, mix both flours, the cornmeal, baking soda, salt, and allspice. Stir in both milks and the molasses until... - 37.5233