- » West Indian
West Indian Recipes
West Indian cuisine is essentially made up of plenty of seafood as western India is basically a coastal area. West Indian cuisine also consists of several spices which render a unique taste to every dish. The kind of ... More »
Seafood West Indian
1) In a saucepan, simmer the tomato juice for 5 minutes or until it lowered to half its quantity.
2) Remove the pan from heat and let it cool down.
3) Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, rind, salt and lime juice.
4) Fold in the tuna and shrimps in the... - 39.9618
West Indian Boiled Bananas
Cut bananas in half.
Put in saucepan with wine and salt.
Bring to a boil.
Simmer over low heat 20 minutes.
Blend butter and flour together.
Season with nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and cayenne.
Add a little at a time to banana mixture.
Cook 2 to 3... - 38.8772
West Indian Chocolate Frost
Combine all ingredients in an electric blender container; cover and blend.
Beat slightly before pouring into tall glasses.
Garnish with chocolate curls. - 34.5649
How To Make A Créole Salad
Wanting to try something from the French West Indies? Here's an entrée you can serve at your next gathering. - 0
You May Also Like!
West Indian Apple Chutney
Mix all ingredients in saucepan.
Bring to boil, stirring to blend ingredients.
Simmer, uncovered, over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. - 25.6626
West Indian Lamb Shoulder
Mix together in a large bowl the garlic, boiling water, honey and soy sauce.
Roll the meat in the mixture, cover and refrigerate 24 hours before cooking.
Remove meat from marinade.
Place in an 8 x 13-inch (20 x 33 cm) glass dish.
Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) of... - 35.9531
West Indian Punch
Make syrup; combine water and sugar in saucepan.
Bring to boil, stir to dissolve sugar; cool.
Mix all ingredients together lightly.
Add a few drops of angostura bitters to give a light pink tint.
Refrigerate until well chilled.
Put a spoonful of crushed... - 35.297
West Indian Carbonnade
Trim skin and excess fat from meat and cut into chunks.
Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole.
Add the meat and cook over a high flame until browned on all sides.
Add the Tomato and Onion Cook-in-Sauce, cover and simmer gently for 50 minutes.
Meanwhile... - 39.2698
West Indian Style Roast Beef Skillet Supper
1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add potatoes and cook, turning occasionally, until tender inside and crisp outside, about 10 minutes.
2. Add sauce, peas, and 2/3 cup water. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until mixture... - 24.7607
West Indian Scrambled Eggs
Combine tomato sauce with scallions or green pepper and flour in a saucepan.
Stir to blend.
Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add grated cheese and stir to combine.
Remove from heat.
Cut avocados in halves lengthwise; remove seed and skin... - 37.6489
West Indian Lamb
Place chops in a shallow ceramic or glass dish.
Mix marinade ingredients well and spread over lamb.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning meat several times.
Remove from marinade and bring back to room... - 37.7489
West Indian Pot Roast
Put coconut in bowl and cover with boiling water; let stand until cold.
Strain, reserving liquid.
Dredge meat with flour and brown on all sides in shortening in heavy kettle.
Season with salt and pepper to taste; add coconut liquid, onion, and garlic.
Simmer,... - 38.468
West Indian Punch
1) Into a punch bowl, add in grapefruit juice, fruit juice, sugar, angostura bitters.
2) Stir well. Add several pieces of ice.
3) Add in brandy, benedictine and rum.
4) Stir well.
5) Sprinkle grated nutmeg. Stir again.
6) Garnish the punch... - 39.9498
West Indian Chicken Curry
In a large skillet, heat oil.
Add chicken pieces and brown.
Drain off fat.
Sprinkle chicken with salt, curry powder, ginger, garlic and raisins.
In a small bowl, combine orange juice, cornstarch and sugar.
Mix until free of lumps.
Pour over chicken and... - 45.397
West Indian Fruit Curry
1) Heat butter and oil over low heat and sauté all the spices and bay leaf in it for 5 minutes.
2) Add in tomato and onion, stirring well and cook, covered for 5 minutes more.
3) Stir in apple and rest of the ingredients and cook, covered until fruit... - 41.3033
West Indian Recipes By Category