- » Welsh Cake
Welsh Cake Recipes
Welsh cake, traditionally known as Pice ar y Maen and also known as ‘bakestones’, are traditional cakes that are made in Wales. The reason they are known as bakestones is because these cakes are cooked on ... More »
1. In a bowl combine together the flour, sugar, salt and nutmeg.
2. Rub or cut in the fat until the mixture begins to stick together.
3. Put in the currants and egg and mix with a fork to form a stiff dough.
4. If the dough is too dry,... - 44.5764
1) Preheat the oven to about 325°F.
2) Combine together the dry ingredients into bowl and cut in the shortening.
3) Add fruit and eggs mixed with milk to a smooth mixture.
4) Make the dough stiff.
5) Roll dough on floured board to 1/4... - 44.3613
Welsh Tea Cakes
Welsh cakes are european snacks traditionally made in wales with curants and eggs with milk and flour. This recipe for welsh cakes is prepared with a similar batter with added spices like mace and nutmeg along with mixed peels and sugar for more flavor. baked... - 44.317
Mix flour, salt, sugar, nutmeg and Magic Baking Powder in mixing bowl.
Cut in shortening and Fleischmann's Margarine.
Mix well as for a pie crust, add currants.
In a separate bowl, beat egg and add milk; stir into rest of ingredients.
Roll out dough on... - 41.4547
1. Into a basin sift flour and salt.
2. Rub in lard and margarine.
3. Put in sugar and currants.
4. Mix to the consistency of pastry dough with beaten egg and milk.
5. On a floured board roll out to approximately 7 mm / 1/4 inch thick.... - 41.0848
Slngin Hlnny Or Welsh Cakes
1 Preheat a griddle to moderate heat and grease well.
2 In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
3 Rub in the fats.
4 Add the currants.
5 Mix to a soft, but manageable dough with egg and milk.
6 Roll out into a large circle -... - 39.9499
Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl and cut in fat finely.
Add fruit, then eggs mixed with milk to make a stiff dough.
Roll to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface.
Cut out rounds with a sharp 2-inch cooky cutter.
Bake on a heated griddle on low heat,... - 39.0378
Welsh Cakes is an easy to prepare dessert recipe which you will simply love. I bet, you will surely get a huge fan following for this one! - 36.7107
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
Cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly.
Stir in currants.
Add beaten eggs and beat until mixture forms a stiff dough.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to one-quarter inch thick.
With a... - 36.2797
Welsh cakes are essentially griddle cakes.
Sometimes cooked on a bakestone (maen) in Wales, but they can also be cooked in a skillet.
Rub fat into flour.
Add sugar and currants, then add egg mixed with a little milk to make it the same consistency as short... - 31.1934
Welsh Cake Recipes By Category