- » Welsh
Welsh food is the food traditionally eaten in Wales. It has both influenced and been influenced by the British cuisine to a large extent. Due to its sheep farming traditions, lamb is the meat used in most dishes ... More »
Lala Cooks - Leek & Potato Soup
Is your meal incomplete without an appetizer? This video is a must watch for you. Chef Leslie demonstrates a step by step procedure to make her favorite Classic Leek and Potato Soup. Treat your family today to this European delight. - 142.453
Betty's Leek And Potato Soup
Betty Bannerman Busciglio, a cooking teacher and former caterer, shows how to make her favorite Leek and Potato soup... perfect for a chilly day. - 111.172
Broiled Welsh Rarebit Cheese Toasts
Think Welsh rarebit toasts are too much of a hassle to make for a tea party? Then watch this video and learn to make the delicacy in an easy and hassle free way. Get ready to surprise and impress everyone! - 108.242
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 85.5564
Welsh Rarebit Bread
1) Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, mix together 2 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, mustard, and pepper.
3) In a saucepan, heat together milk, water, cheese, and margarine until cheese is just melted and then cool until... - 49.5111
Welsh Leek Tart
1. In a small saucepan, combine buttermilk and oil.
2. Heat over low flame to scalding point. Take off heat and let cool to lukewarm.
3. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and honey in lukewarm water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Grease a... - 48.8092
Welsh Rarebit Sauce With Egg And Tomato
Prepare the Welsh rarebit sauce: melt the butter.
Add the grated cheese and the milk.
Stir over low heat until the cheese melts.
Season and adjust consistency with a little extra milk if necessary.
Lay the required number of trimmed toast slices in a shallow... - 48.2644
Welsh Currant Bread
This Welsh Currant Bread is rage ! Its richness makes it appear more like a cake than a bread . Try this deliciously spiced Welsh Currant Bread for any celebration. You're going to win for sure ! - 47.8558
Welsh Fruit Bread
1) Warm a bread bowl in water for some time.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
3) In the bread bowl, add the warm water. Beat it into the sugar and yeast.
4) Beat the mixture once again after adding the 81% flour till a... - 47.2045
1. In a saucepan, melt butter.
2. Add cheese, and milk or beer or whisky.
3. Add mustard and seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Stir and cook over low heat until the cheese melted and the mixture is smooth.
5. Remove the pan from heat and beat in the... - 46.4036
Welsh Pork Cake
1 Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit.
2 Grease two 9 1/4 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4.-inch loaf pans and line with paper.
3 In a bowl, mix sausage, raisins, dates, nuts, sugar, orange peel and boiling water mixing thoroughly.
4 In another... - 46.0562
English Mustard Welsh Rarebit
The Welsh Rarebit is always in demand at my place! My family loves to have this on weekend morns! Try this wonderful Welsh Rarebit recipe. - 46.0493
1. In a bowl combine together the flour, sugar, salt and nutmeg.
2. Rub or cut in the fat until the mixture begins to stick together.
3. Put in the currants and egg and mix with a fork to form a stiff dough.
4. If the dough is too dry,... - 45.6429
1. Pre-heat oven to Regulo 5 or 375°F.
2. On a floured surface, roll out pastry in to 1/8 inch thickness.
3. Using a fluted cutter, cut pastry out in rounds, about a 1/4 inch larger than the top of the patty tins. Reroll any scraps of... - 45.5171
Welsh Tea Cakes
Welsh cakes are european snacks traditionally made in wales with curants and eggs with milk and flour. This recipe for welsh cakes is prepared with a similar batter with added spices like mace and nutmeg along with mixed peels and sugar for more flavor. baked... - 45.3342
Welsh Leek Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2. Clean the leeks and chop its green and white parts into 1 - inch pieces.
3. Take a saucepan, add the chicken stock along with rind, lemon juice and butter and boil it.
4. Stir in leeks and cook over... - 45.0318
Microwaved Welsh Rarebit
Combine beer, mustard, paprika, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce in 1-quart casserole.
MICROWAVE 2 MINUTES on HIGH, or until mixture is warm.
Stir in cheese.
MICROWAVE 4 MINUTES on '6', or until cheese melts, stirring twice.
Stir a little of the hot mixture... - 44.9076
Steamed Welsh Pudding
Steamed Welsh pudding is a traditional European style pudding made on various occasions. You can serve it with custard, caramel or fruit sauce. You will love this dessert a lot. - 44.5622
1. In a pot of boiling water, add vegetables in the same order, turnip, potato, carrot and finally parsnip; allow the difference in cooking time so all the vegetables are cooked together.
2. Peel potatoes.
3. Mash all the vegetables along... - 44.1752
Mix flour, salt, sugar, nutmeg and Magic Baking Powder in mixing bowl.
Cut in shortening and Fleischmann's Margarine.
Mix well as for a pie crust, add currants.
In a separate bowl, beat egg and add milk; stir into rest of ingredients.
Roll out dough on... - 44.049
Turkey With Welsh Rabbit Sauce
Melt butter; blend in flour and seasonings.
Add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
Arrange turkey on broilerproof platter or baking dish; cover with the sauce.
Put under broiler until bubbly.
Serve... - 43.8962
Welsh Lemon Tarts
Place Pastry Mix into a mixing bowl.
Sprinkle water over and toss with a fork.
Form a ball from dough; knead lightly.
Divide into two parts and roll out half on a lightly floured board with a floured rolling pin.
With a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter or jar lid,... - 43.7972
Tomato Welsh Rabbit
1. In a medium-size saucepan melt butter or margarine stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, just until bubbly.
2. Stir in milk, tomato soup and pepper seasoning and continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles 1 minute.
3.... - 43.7745
1) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onions until soft.
2) Stir in tomatoes, stock, sprouts, corn and seasoning.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4) Add in half of cheese and place the... - 43.6617
1. Heat the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for several minutes.
2. Add cold milk to it gradually.
2. Bring it to a boil and cook until it becomes smooth and thick.
3. Add mustard, salt, pepper, beer or Worcestershire sauce, and most... - 43.569
Vegetable Welsh Rabbit
Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
In a medium sauce-pan cook chopped onion in butter or margarine till tender but not brown.
Stir in flour, dry mustard, salt, and ground red pepper.
Add milk and Worcestershire sauce all at once.
Cook... - 43.5382
1. In a grater, grate cheese finely.
2. Toast the bread; apply half the butter on them. Keep hot.
3. In a small pan, melt remaining butter. Take away from heat and put in grated cheese, seasonings, and enough milk to make stiff paste.
4.... - 43.4206
Welsh Pork Pasties
Heat margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork and onion.
Cook and stir 15 minutes or until pork is barely pink in center.
Add thyme, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle flour over meat mixture; cook and stir until browned.
Add chicken broth.
Blend... - 43.4024
1) In a saucepan, heat the butter.
2) In hot butter, add flour and mix well.
3) Add milk and let it boil while stirring.
4) Add all other ingredients reserving little cheese.
5) Heat the mixture gently until cheese melts.
6)... - 43.3656
Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl and cut in fat finely.
Add fruit, then eggs mixed with milk to make a stiff dough.
Roll to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface.
Cut out rounds with a sharp 2-inch cooky cutter.
Bake on a heated griddle on low heat,... - 42.8547
1) Heat an oven.
2) In the oven, set the potatoes for baking.
3) In a saucepan, melt the butter.
4) On a low flame, fry the leeks in for 6 to 10 minutes or until tender.
5) Add plain flour and stir cook the ingredients for a minute.
6)... - 42.7339
1) Preheat the oven to about 325°F.
2) Combine together the dry ingredients into bowl and cut in the shortening.
3) Add fruit and eggs mixed with milk to a smooth mixture.
4) Make the dough stiff.
5) Roll dough on floured board to 1/4... - 42.6433
Welsh Tea Cakes
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine dried fruit and brandy in medium bowl; let sit at least 10 minutes to plump.
Place flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cloves in medium bowl; stir to combine.
Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in... - 42.4095
1) Use a small saucepan, to melt the butter over a low heat.
2) Stir in the milk or beer, cheese, mustard and salt. Combine thoroughly to blend the mixture.
3) Remove from heat and cool to thicken the mixture.
4) Toast the bread and butter on one... - 42.3845
Asian Style Welsh Rarebit
This Welsh Rarebit tastes absolutely yummy ! Try this Cheese sauce with it's tempting seasonings and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Welsh Rarebit are welcome ! - 42.3666
1. Into a basin sift flour and salt.
2. Rub in lard and margarine.
3. Put in sugar and currants.
4. Mix to the consistency of pastry dough with beaten egg and milk.
5. On a floured board roll out to approximately 7 mm / 1/4 inch thick.... - 42.2973
Welsh Rabbit On Toast
In 2-quart microproof casserole, melt butter on HI (max. power) 1 minute.
Add cheese, Worcestershire, salt, paprika, dry mustard, and cayenne; mix thoroughly.
Cook, covered, on 50 (simmer) 6 minutes, stirring once during cooking time.
Stir small amount of hot... - 42.2627
Welsh Rabbit And Tomatoes
Combine cheese, butter, Worcestershire, salt, paprika, mustard, and cayenne in 2-quart microproof casserole and mix well.
Cook on 50, 8 minutes, stirring once, just until cheese melts.
Stir a little cheese mixture into beaten eggs.
Slowly stir eggs... - 42.1613
Spicy Welsh Rarebit
1. In a large 1-quart sauce pan, combine the paprika, beer, mustard and cayenne pepper and combine well
2. Heat the pan over medium heat till the mixture begins to bubble
3. Then add the butter, cheese, and mix well again over gentle heat
4. When the... - 41.9281
Slngin Hlnny Or Welsh Cakes
1 Preheat a griddle to moderate heat and grease well.
2 In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
3 Rub in the fats.
4 Add the currants.
5 Mix to a soft, but manageable dough with egg and milk.
6 Roll out into a large circle -... - 41.8669
Welsh Leek Pie
Clean the leeks as for Leeks Nature.
Cut both the white and green parts into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces.
Place in a microwave-safe dish the chicken consomme, lemon juice and rind and butter.
Microwave at HIGH 8 to 9 minutes, stirring once.
Strain, reserving the... - 41.8562
1. In a large heavy bottomed frying pan or in a basin over a double boiler add the butter and allow it to melt over a low flame.
2. Stir in the flour and seasonings and blend well with the butter.
3. When the mixture forms a paste like consistency,... - 41.6279
Welsh Rarebit And Shrimp
Melt butter in double boiler.
Stir in flour and then cheese.
Let cheese melt and add salt, dry mustard, Lea & Perrins, cream and shrimp.
Keep hot over hot water.
Serve on toast.
Delightful with a crisp tossed green salad and good white wine.
May be... - 41.5787
1. In a large 1-quart nonstick saucepan, combine the cheese and the flour
2. Set the English muffin aside
3. Mix the rest of ingredients with the pan ingredients.
4. Cook the mixture over low heat while stirring continuously. The cheese should melt and... - 41.5566
Welsh Rarebit Using Beer
1. In a small bowl, melt butter or margarine in the microwave for half a minute; add flour and cook for a full minute
2. Add cheese, salt, cayenne, mustard, beer, Worcestershire sauce and egg yolk to it and microwave for three minutes till it... - 41.3784
Mushroom Welsh Rabbit
Place 2 tablespoons margarine in 4-cup microwavable measure.
Microwave uncovered on high 30 to 60 seconds or until melted.
Stir in flour, pepper and mustard.
Stir in 1/2 cup milk.
Microwave uncovered on high 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes 30 seconds,... - 41.3167
Try this easy to prepare version of Welsh Rarebit. I am sure, once you try it, you will always crave for some more! - 41.1342
1. In the top of a double boiler combine beer, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and liquid red pepper seasoning and warm over simmering water.
2. Stir in cheese, part at a time, until melted.
3. In a small bowl beat eggs slightly and slowly stir in about... - 41.0715
Welsh Rarebit is a yummy preparation that will definitely gain you a number of compliments! I served the Welsh Rarebit for my husband for a late brunch and he loved it. You simply can't miss this one out. - 41.0635
1) Chop the lamb into pieces as required.
2) In a medium sized pan, saute the lamb, leek and onion until brown; pour in the stock, stir in salt and pepper, allow to boil and simmer for about 30 min.
3) Lastly, add... - 41.0265
Old Country Welsh Cookies
Mix dry ingredients, and add lard.
Wash, and drain currants; then add to dry mixture.
Add eggs to milk.
Then add eggs and milk to dry mixture.
When mixture is the consistency of dough, roll out, and cut in 3-inch circles.
Bake on griddle,... - 40.9583
Welsh Rarebit Microwave Muffins
Combine flour, baking powder, soda and spices in large bowl.
Stir in grated cheese.
Whisk egg, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce and oil in another bowl.
Combine with dry ingredients, stirring quickly and lightly.
Spoon into paper-lined microwave muffin pan... - 40.7903
Welsh Rarebit Crepes
Make the crepes using the Basic Crepe Batter recipe.
Mix together the cornstarch and cheese in a saucepan.
Add the milk, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and eggs.
Cook over a low heat until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.
Add... - 40.6954
Mixed Cheese Welsh Rarebit
1. In slow cooker, combine beer, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper and cook with cover on High for 1-2 hours such that mixture boils.
2. Taking a little at a time add cheese, stirring constantly such that all the cheese melts.
3. With... - 40.5826
Welsh Salt Duck
1) Trim off all excess fat from the duck and discard its tail, leaving it whole.
2) Now combine the salt, sugar and saltpetre and rub the duck all over with this mixture, both inside the cavity and as well as all over the skin.
3) Allow to... - 40.5625
Original Welsh Rarebit
Melt 1/4, cup butter in heavy saucepan over low heat; increase heat to medium.
Add flour and mustard; stir until smooth.
Add beer; bring to boil, stirring constantly.
Add milk alternately with cheese; bring to boil and stir until smooth after each... - 40.4408
Welsh Rarebit Muffins
Welsh Rarebit Muffins is simply out of the world!. These yummy and Welsh Rarebit Muffins has no equals in the world of muffins. Try these mouth watering Welsh Rarebit Muffins. - 40.1067
Beery Welsh Rarebit
Set Power Select at HIGH.
Toss cheese with flour.
In 4-cup glass measure, heat beer 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until boiling.
Set Power Select at MEDIUM.
Gradually add 1/2 cheese, Worcestershire and mustard, stirring until smooth.
Heat 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes,... - 39.8092
1. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, pepper, sugar, and breadcrumbs. Broil until tender and heated through, about 10 minutes. Keep warm while preparing sauce.
2. In the top part of a chafing dish or double boiler place butter to melt. Add prepared mustard, dry... - 39.6073
1) In a bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, paprika, MSG, dry mustard, cayenne and onion powder together; mix thoroughly into a smooth paste.
2) In the top pan of chafing dish over hot water, combine the mixture with Flat beer or light cream.
3)... - 38.9098
Welsh Rarebit With Beer
Melt butter in top part of double boiler or chafing dish over direct heat.
Add cheese, and heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
Put over boiling water, add seasonings, and pour in the liquid mixed with eggs.
Cook until thick, stirring... - 38.6917
Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
When melted, increase heat to medium.
Add flour and mustard; stir until smooth.
Add beer; bring to boil, stirring constantly.
Add milk alternately with cheese, stirring after each addition, until smooth.
Add vinegar,... - 38.4775
Place margarine in 2-cup measure [4-cup measure].
Microwave uncovered on high (550 watts) until melted, 20 to 45 sec [45 to 60 sec].
Mix in flour, salt and mustard.
Gradually stir in milk.
Microwave uncovered, stirring every 30 sec, until boiling, 1 to 1 1/2... - 38.3814
Rarebit For Brunch
Try this really awesome Rarebit For Brunch! Enjoy biting into the cheesy cream doused English Muffins ! This Rarebit For Brunch is a unique treat that you cannot miss out on! Feel fre to comment ere on this fabulous dish! - 38.363
Welsh Rarebit With Beer
Melt butter in top of double boiler over boiling water.
Slowly stir in cheese.
As the cheese" melts, stir all but 1 tablesp.
of the beer into it, a little at a time, over a period of about 1/2 hr.
Combine the next four ingredients with the remaining 1 tablesp... - 38.123
1.In a saucepan, melt butter and add seasonings and cheese
2.Now stir in double boiler until cheese is soft
3.Add ginger ale, then add egg
4.Cook until thick
5.Serve with an egg - 38.1025
Welsh Cakes is an easy to prepare dessert recipe which you will simply love. I bet, you will surely get a huge fan following for this one! - 38.0748
Chester Welsh Rarebit
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Coarsely grate or dice the cheese.
Warm the beer and add the cheese to melt, stirring constantly.
Knead the flour with the butter.
Stir into the cheese sauce.
Season the sauce with the mustard powder, Tabasco sauce, pepper and... - 38.0656
Traditional Welsh Rarebit
Welsh Rarebit has a sole taste. The beer and cheese gives the Welsh Rarebit a rousing taste. Welsh Rarebit is inspired by restaurants across the world. - 38.0542
Crepes With Welsh Rarebit Sauce
These Crepes With Welsh Rarebit Sauce are a rare treat that you cannot afford to miss out on ! Include these in your weekend special meal and feel free to tell me if you like them. - 37.966
Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook steadily for several minutes, then gradually add the cold milk.
Bring to the boil and cook until smooth and thick.
Add the mustard, salt, pepper, most of the cheese and the beer.
Heat gently, until the... - 37.828
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Toast the bread, and butter the slices while still hot.
Place on baking sheet.
Cut the cheese into small cubes and put in a saucepan with mace, mustard and beer.
Cook over a low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until cheese melts... - 37.6712
1. In chafing dish or double boiler place cheese.
2. In a bowl combine seasonings and sprinkle over cheese.
3. Add butter and cream and stir until smooth.
4. Add egg to mixture and simmer, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
5. Serve at once on... - 37.6221
Simple Welsh Rarebit
1) Mix cheese and flour.
2) In a 4-cup glass measure, heat beer on high power for 2 1/2 to 4 minutes or until the beer boils.
3) To the boiling beer, add Worcestershire sauce, mustard and 1/2 cheese, stirring until the mixture is consistent.
4) Cook on... - 37.5992
Sharo Cheese Welsh Rarebit
1 Using a little butter, line a pan.
2 To the prepared pan, add the cheese and allow to melt.
3 Pour in beer and blend well.
4 When blended, add the egg, stirring quickly.
5 Mix in the seasonings
Pour immediately over... - 37.5793
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
Cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly.
Stir in currants.
Add beaten eggs and beat until mixture forms a stiff dough.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to one-quarter inch thick.
With a... - 37.4672
Paprika Welsh Rarebit
1. In a large pan, melt the butter
2. Grate the cheese
3. Add the cheese to the pan
4. As the cheese melts, gradually add the beer to the pan. The beer should be at room temperature
5. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent burning
6. Season with paprika... - 37.4465
Peppered Welsh Rarebit
Combine beer, mustard, paprika, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce in 1-quart casserole.
Microwave 2 minutes on HIGH, or until mixture is warm.
Stir in cheese.
Microwave 4 minutes on '6', or until cheese melts, stirring twice.
Stir a little of the hot mixture... - 37.3469
Healthy Welsh Rarebit
Mix together well the butter, cream, chives, mustard, horseradish and black pepper in a bowl.
When well blended, stir in the cheese and mix carefully with a wooden spoon to make sure that all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Cut the bread into halves... - 37.203
Authentic Welsh Rarebit
1.Melt cheese with butter in double boiler
2.Mix mustard and cornstarch, moisten with milk and add with remaining ingredients except toast
3.Cook until thickened
4.Serve hot over toast - 37.0631
1) In a slow cooker, add the beer, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; cook covered on HIGH for about 1-2 hrs or until boiling.
2) Add the cheese, stir continuously, until melted; cook uncovered on HIGH for about 20-30 min. ... - 36.9561
Seasoned Welsh Rarebit
In a deep, 1 1/2 quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole beat eggs until well blended.
Stir in remaining ingredients except toast and ham.
Heat, uncovered, on simmer for 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese has melted and mixture has thickened.
Stir mixture... - 36.9447
Place cheese in chafing dish or double boiler.
Combine seasonings; sprinkle over cheese.
Add butter and cream.
Stir until smooth.
Add egg to mixture.
Simmer, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. - 36.9252
Authentic Welsh Rabbit
1. Prepare a double boiler pan. For this take a medium size saucepan and fill it with 3 inches of water. Place the pan on a medium low flame and allow the water to simmer steadily.
2. Fit a bowl over the saucepan such that the base of... - 36.7426
Roll out pastry thinly, cut into rounds, using a cutter a little larger than the tins, and line 12 patty tins.
Cream the fat and sugar.
Sift flour and baking-powder, add the grated lemon rind.
Whisk the egg, and add a little at a time to the creamed fat.
Stir... - 36.5251
Crunchy Welsh Rarebit
Put cheese in a heavy skillet and melt over very, very low heat, stirring constantly.
As cheese melts, gradually add milk, stirring to blend.
Then add egg and cook, stirring, over very, very low heat until smooth and thickened.
Serve on... - 36.5034
Blend Worcestershire sauce, mustard, paprika, salt and cayenne in top of double boiler; stir in milk.
Cook over boiling water about 3 minutes, or until milk is hot.
Add grated cheese and cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and... - 36.3962
1.Cut the toast into long pieces.
2.Heat butter and add greated cheese, milk or beer and cayenne pepper, salt and mustard to it.
4.Apply the mixture on the toasts and cook until brown by keeping in a fireproof dish... - 36.346
In saucepan cook green pepper and onion in butter till tender but not brown.
Blend in flour and chili powder.
Stir in tomato juice and corn, blending well.
Cook, stirring constantly, till thickened.
Stir in shredded cheese and olives; cook and stir over low... - 36.3364
Cheesy Welsh Rarebit
Welsh Rarebit is a recipe which you will simply love. An effortlessly prepared recipe; the Welsh Rarebit is a dish that you would love to serve at coming party! - 36.3039
Welsh Rabbit Rarebit
1) Into a saucepan, put the butter and melt it.
2) Add the ale along with a pinch of salt and two pinches of pepper.
3) When the mixture is just about to boil, add the cheese and stir just enough to dissolve it. Ensure that the mixture does not boil at... - 36.2134
Western Welsh Rabbit
In blazer pan melt butter over direct heat.
Add next 3 ingredients and cook till tender; remove from heat.
Blend in flour, mustard, and Worcestershire.
Add beer all at once.
Cook and stir till thickened.
Gradually add cheese; cook and stir till cheese... - 36.1218
Chili Welsh Casserole
Combine chili, rarebit and Worchestershire sauce in 3-quart casserole.
Bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
Combine dry ingredients in small mixing bowl.
Add cream and dill weed.
Stir until moistened.
Remove casserole from oven; stir.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls... - 36.0869
Welsh Rarebit With Pickle Relish
Melt butter in double boiler over boiling water.
Stir in flour.
When smooth, gradually stir in milk, thenthehot water in which the bouillon cube has been dissolved.
Cook until thickened and smooth, while stirring.
Then add next 3 ingredients, and stir until... - 35.824
English Welsh Rabbit
Combine cream and cheese in top of double boiler.
Add salt, cayenne and mustard.
Cook over hot water (not boiling) until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
Gradually add some of the hot sauce to egg, stir well and return to double boiler.
Cook for 1 or... - 35.8083
Welsh Rarebit Sauce
Melt butter in top of a double boiler over direct heat.
Add flour, salt, cayenne, dry mustard and Worcestershire sauce; whisk until smooth.
Cook over direct heat until bubbly.
Slowly stir in scalded milk; cook until mixture thickens.
Place over hot water and... - 35.6422
Heat margarine in 2-quart saucepan over low heat until melted.
Stir in flour, salt, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
Stir in milk and beer.
Heat to boiling, stirring... - 35.6388
1. Melt butter in a stiuce pan, stir in the flour, mix well, remove from heat.
2. Gently pour in cold milk, stir continuously and return to the heat, cook until smooth and thick.
3. Add all seasoning, except nutmeg and 3/4 of the cheese.
4. Cook gently,... - 35.6316
Add cheese and stir constantly until melted to consistency of cold molasses.
Add ale and seasonings.
When mixture bubbles all over, drop in toast slices, one at a time.
Turn toast over with fork and spoon and serve while piping hot. - 35.6314
In 2-quart saucepan, stir together mayonnaise, flour, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce until well blended.
Stirring constantly, cook over low heat 1 minute.
Gradually stir in beer until smooth.
Stirring constantly, cook until thick; do not boil.
Stir in... - 35.5852
Welsh Recipes By Category