- » Welsh
Welsh food is the food traditionally eaten in Wales. It has both influenced and been influenced by the British cuisine to a large extent. Due to its sheep farming traditions, lamb is the meat used in most dishes ... More »
Betty's Leek And Potato Soup
Betty Bannerman Busciglio, a cooking teacher and former caterer, shows how to make her favorite Leek and Potato soup... perfect for a chilly day. - 130.568
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 85.4745
Broiled Welsh Rarebit Cheese Toasts
Think Welsh rarebit toasts are too much of a hassle to make for a tea party? Then watch this video and learn to make the delicacy in an easy and hassle free way. Get ready to surprise and impress everyone! - 81.8697
Welsh Rarebit Bread
1) Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, mix together 2 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, mustard, and pepper.
3) In a saucepan, heat together milk, water, cheese, and margarine until cheese is just melted and then cool until... - 50.2066
Welsh Fruit Bread
1) Warm a bread bowl in water for some time.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
3) In the bread bowl, add the warm water. Beat it into the sugar and yeast.
4) Beat the mixture once again after adding the 81% flour till a... - 47.4613
Welsh Leek Tart
1. In a small saucepan, combine buttermilk and oil.
2. Heat over low flame to scalding point. Take off heat and let cool to lukewarm.
3. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and honey in lukewarm water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Grease a... - 47.3727
Welsh Pork Cake
1 Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit.
2 Grease two 9 1/4 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4.-inch loaf pans and line with paper.
3 In a bowl, mix sausage, raisins, dates, nuts, sugar, orange peel and boiling water mixing thoroughly.
4 In another... - 46.6245
Welsh Currant Bread
This Welsh Currant Bread is rage ! Its richness makes it appear more like a cake than a bread . Try this deliciously spiced Welsh Currant Bread for any celebration. You're going to win for sure ! - 45.5967
English Mustard Welsh Rarebit
The Welsh Rarebit is always in demand at my place! My family loves to have this on weekend morns! Try this wonderful Welsh Rarebit recipe. - 45.0498
1. In a bowl combine together the flour, sugar, salt and nutmeg.
2. Rub or cut in the fat until the mixture begins to stick together.
3. Put in the currants and egg and mix with a fork to form a stiff dough.
4. If the dough is too dry,... - 44.5764
1. In a saucepan, melt butter.
2. Add cheese, and milk or beer or whisky.
3. Add mustard and seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Stir and cook over low heat until the cheese melted and the mixture is smooth.
5. Remove the pan from heat and beat in the... - 44.475
1) Preheat the oven to about 325°F.
2) Combine together the dry ingredients into bowl and cut in the shortening.
3) Add fruit and eggs mixed with milk to a smooth mixture.
4) Make the dough stiff.
5) Roll dough on floured board to 1/4... - 44.3613
Welsh Leek Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2. Clean the leeks and chop its green and white parts into 1 - inch pieces.
3. Take a saucepan, add the chicken stock along with rind, lemon juice and butter and boil it.
4. Stir in leeks and cook over... - 44.3189
Welsh Tea Cakes
Welsh cakes are european snacks traditionally made in wales with curants and eggs with milk and flour. This recipe for welsh cakes is prepared with a similar batter with added spices like mace and nutmeg along with mixed peels and sugar for more flavor. baked... - 44.317
Microwaved Welsh Rarebit
Combine beer, mustard, paprika, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce in 1-quart casserole.
MICROWAVE 2 MINUTES on HIGH, or until mixture is warm.
Stir in cheese.
MICROWAVE 4 MINUTES on '6', or until cheese melts, stirring twice.
Stir a little of the hot mixture... - 44.2704
1. In a pot of boiling water, add vegetables in the same order, turnip, potato, carrot and finally parsnip; allow the difference in cooking time so all the vegetables are cooked together.
2. Peel potatoes.
3. Mash all the vegetables along... - 44.2485
1. In a grater, grate cheese finely.
2. Toast the bread; apply half the butter on them. Keep hot.
3. In a small pan, melt remaining butter. Take away from heat and put in grated cheese, seasonings, and enough milk to make stiff paste.
4.... - 44.0512
Vegetable Welsh Rabbit
Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
In a medium sauce-pan cook chopped onion in butter or margarine till tender but not brown.
Stir in flour, dry mustard, salt, and ground red pepper.
Add milk and Worcestershire sauce all at once.
Cook... - 43.9721
1) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onions until soft.
2) Stir in tomatoes, stock, sprouts, corn and seasoning.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4) Add in half of cheese and place the... - 43.7704
Steamed Welsh Pudding
Steamed Welsh pudding is a traditional European style pudding made on various occasions. You can serve it with custard, caramel or fruit sauce. You will love this dessert a lot. - 43.6536
Tomato Welsh Rabbit
1. In a medium-size saucepan melt butter or margarine stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, just until bubbly.
2. Stir in milk, tomato soup and pepper seasoning and continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles 1 minute.
3.... - 43.225
Turkey With Welsh Rabbit Sauce
Melt butter; blend in flour and seasonings.
Add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
Arrange turkey on broilerproof platter or baking dish; cover with the sauce.
Put under broiler until bubbly.
Serve... - 43.1032
1) Heat an oven.
2) In the oven, set the potatoes for baking.
3) In a saucepan, melt the butter.
4) On a low flame, fry the leeks in for 6 to 10 minutes or until tender.
5) Add plain flour and stir cook the ingredients for a minute.
6)... - 42.8404
Welsh Lemon Tarts
Place Pastry Mix into a mixing bowl.
Sprinkle water over and toss with a fork.
Form a ball from dough; knead lightly.
Divide into two parts and roll out half on a lightly floured board with a floured rolling pin.
With a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter or jar lid,... - 42.4984
1) Use a small saucepan, to melt the butter over a low heat.
2) Stir in the milk or beer, cheese, mustard and salt. Combine thoroughly to blend the mixture.
3) Remove from heat and cool to thicken the mixture.
4) Toast the bread and butter on one... - 42.2883
1. Heat the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for several minutes.
2. Add cold milk to it gradually.
2. Bring it to a boil and cook until it becomes smooth and thick.
3. Add mustard, salt, pepper, beer or Worcestershire sauce, and most... - 42.1696
1) In a saucepan, heat the butter.
2) In hot butter, add flour and mix well.
3) Add milk and let it boil while stirring.
4) Add all other ingredients reserving little cheese.
5) Heat the mixture gently until cheese melts.
6)... - 42.0162
Mix flour, salt, sugar, nutmeg and Magic Baking Powder in mixing bowl.
Cut in shortening and Fleischmann's Margarine.
Mix well as for a pie crust, add currants.
In a separate bowl, beat egg and add milk; stir into rest of ingredients.
Roll out dough on... - 41.4547
Welsh Pork Pasties
Heat margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork and onion.
Cook and stir 15 minutes or until pork is barely pink in center.
Add thyme, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle flour over meat mixture; cook and stir until browned.
Add chicken broth.
Blend... - 41.1937
Asian Style Welsh Rarebit
This Welsh Rarebit tastes absolutely yummy ! Try this Cheese sauce with it's tempting seasonings and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Welsh Rarebit are welcome ! - 41.1444
1. Into a basin sift flour and salt.
2. Rub in lard and margarine.
3. Put in sugar and currants.
4. Mix to the consistency of pastry dough with beaten egg and milk.
5. On a floured board roll out to approximately 7 mm / 1/4 inch thick.... - 41.0848
1. In a large heavy bottomed frying pan or in a basin over a double boiler add the butter and allow it to melt over a low flame.
2. Stir in the flour and seasonings and blend well with the butter.
3. When the mixture forms a paste like consistency,... - 40.9223
1) Chop the lamb into pieces as required.
2) In a medium sized pan, saute the lamb, leek and onion until brown; pour in the stock, stir in salt and pepper, allow to boil and simmer for about 30 min.
3) Lastly, add... - 40.8689
1. In a large 1-quart nonstick saucepan, combine the cheese and the flour
2. Set the English muffin aside
3. Mix the rest of ingredients with the pan ingredients.
4. Cook the mixture over low heat while stirring continuously. The cheese should melt and... - 40.5605
1. In the top of a double boiler combine beer, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and liquid red pepper seasoning and warm over simmering water.
2. Stir in cheese, part at a time, until melted.
3. In a small bowl beat eggs slightly and slowly stir in about... - 40.2435
Mushroom Welsh Rabbit
Place 2 tablespoons margarine in 4-cup microwavable measure.
Microwave uncovered on high 30 to 60 seconds or until melted.
Stir in flour, pepper and mustard.
Stir in 1/2 cup milk.
Microwave uncovered on high 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes 30 seconds,... - 40.1668
Welsh Leek Pie
Clean the leeks as for Leeks Nature.
Cut both the white and green parts into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces.
Place in a microwave-safe dish the chicken consomme, lemon juice and rind and butter.
Microwave at HIGH 8 to 9 minutes, stirring once.
Strain, reserving the... - 40.0988
Try this easy to prepare version of Welsh Rarebit. I am sure, once you try it, you will always crave for some more! - 40.0372
Spicy Welsh Rarebit
1. In a large 1-quart sauce pan, combine the paprika, beer, mustard and cayenne pepper and combine well
2. Heat the pan over medium heat till the mixture begins to bubble
3. Then add the butter, cheese, and mix well again over gentle heat
4. When the... - 40.0014
Slngin Hlnny Or Welsh Cakes
1 Preheat a griddle to moderate heat and grease well.
2 In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
3 Rub in the fats.
4 Add the currants.
5 Mix to a soft, but manageable dough with egg and milk.
6 Roll out into a large circle -... - 39.9499
Welsh Recipes By Category