- » Watercress Soup
Watercress Soup Recipes
Watercress soup is one of the few soups that can be served either hot or cold and still manages to have a unique taste and flavor. Almost all watercress soup recipes involve removing the tough stems from water cress. ... More »
Chilled Watercress Soup
Melt the butter over medium heat in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Add the onions, leeks, and celery.
Stir to coat evenly with butter.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
Add potatoes, stock, salt, pepper, and watercress leaves and fine... - 48.8971
Spiced Watercress Soup
The watercress soup is a lovely vegetable soup made with fresh watercress and mixed vegetables. Spiced with a hint of mace and herbed, the watercress soup is cooked in milk. Creamy and topped with buttered and fried croutons the watercress soup is quite... - 47.2344
Oriental Watercress Soup
1) Trim all the fat off from the pork and dice.
2) In a bowl toss together, pork, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, pepper and 1 tablespoon of oil.
3) Cut the stems of the watercress, wash and drain.
4) In a saucepan, heat the remaining oil... - 46.958
1) In a saucepan, place together the watercress, celery, cream, lemon rind and milk.
2) Heat the celery mixture, just below boiling point.
3) Take away from the heat and blend in the stock.
4) In a bowl mix together the butter and flour... - 46.6177
1. In a large sized sauce pan, melt butter.
2. Add watercress and onions and mix well.
3. Cover and cook on a low flame for 3 to 5 minutes or till onions soften, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add flour and cook for 1 more minute.
5. Add rest of the... - 46.2774
Chilled Watercress Soup
1. Wash the watercress in running water and remove all yellow leaves and damaged stalks.
2. Wash, peel and slice the potatoes and onions thickly.
3. Take a saucepan and add all the cleaned potatoes, onion, watercress, stock, butter, bay... - 44.7149
1) Wash watercress with stalks under running water.
2) To prepare the soup, heat saucepan and melt butter.
3) Add onion and potato to it and fry for about 4 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
4) Add stock to the saucepan along... - 43.9448
1) In cold water, rinse the watercress well.
2) From the watercress, remove and discard the coarse stalks.
3) For garnishing, reserve a few leaves.
4) In a large ovenproof bowl, place the remaining watercress along with 1/2 pint of the... - 43.8669
Healthy Watercress Soup
1) In a large saucepan, soften the onion, potatoes and garlic in butter.
2) Add the stock and bring the contents to a boil.
3) Add the watercress and bring to a boil once again.
4) Reduce the heat and gently simmer for about 20 minutes.
5) Add... - 43.549
1. Separately wash the bunches of watercress with cold water.
2. Use one bunch for soup and keep the other aside for garnishing.
3. For soup, clean one bunch off the coarse stalks and chop the leaves and top part coarsely.
4. Peel onion and... - 43.4297
Original Watercress Soup
1) In a food processor with metal blade, chop scallions.
2) While machine is running, add potatoes and in slow stream add 1/3 cup of chicken stock. Process until potatoes are pureed.
3) Wash the watercreass and remove, dscard the stems and... - 43.2493
Asian Style Watercress Soup
This Watercress Soup tastes incredible ! Rich, luxurious watercress has been my favorite be it for sandwiches or for a side course and now this soup is the best of all watercress dishes that I've ever tasted ! Try out this utterly delicious Watercress soup... - 42.5815
Creamy Watercress Soup
Peel and finely chop onion.
Peel and chop or grate potatoes.
Melt butter in a saucepan, add onions and potatoes and turn till coated in butter.
Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
Wash, dry and chop watercress leaves and stalks, reserving some whole... - 41.8197
Asian Watercress Soup
1) Cut the pork into 1/4-inch cubes.
2) Pour the soy sauce over the pork pieces and let it stand for 10 minutes.
3) In a saucepan, bring the broth or water to boil and add the pork pieces along with soy sauce.
4) Cook for 10 minutes,... - 41.6308
Potato Watercress Soup
Put the potatoes and onion in a large casserole with 21/4 cups (500 ml/18 fl oz) water.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 12 minutes.
Remove the tough stalks from the watercress, rinse thoroughly, drain and puree until smooth in a food processor.
Stir the... - 41.3962
Chilled Watercress Soup
Melt the butter in a pan, add the leeks and onion and fry for 5 minutes, without browning.
Add the potato and cook for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, remove the tough stalks from the watercress and roughly chop the leaves.
Add to the pan with the stock, and salt and... - 40.9739
Put the consomme into a large heavy saucepan and bring to the boiling point.
Lower the heat.
Add the green onions, potato and watercress.
Simmer covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
Do not overcook or the soup will lose its fresh flavor.
Puree in a blender.
Return... - 40.7206
Cream Cheese Watercress Soup
Wash leeks thoroughly.
Trim and slice.
In a 4-quart pot, combine leeks, potato slices, broth, salt and white pepper.
Cover and simmer until potato is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Add watercress; simmer 5 minutes longer.
Press leek mixture through a food mill or... - 40.7093
Chilled Watercress Soup With Light Cream
Trim green and roots from leeks and slice thin.
Heat 3 tbsp.butter in large heavy saucepan.
Add leeks and cook gently, stirring, 5 minutes.
Add potatoes and chicken stock and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Discard large stems of... - 40.4231
Chilled Leek And Watercress Soup
Saute in 1/4 cup butter until translucent but not browned (about 20 minutes), 1 1/2 cups minced leeks, 1 cup minced onions, 1 crushed garlic clove.
Add 2 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced, 1 1/2 bunches watercress, coarsely chopped, 3 cups chicken... - 39.1008
Zucchini Watercress Soup
Melt the butter in a pot, add the onions, cover, and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender and lightly colored, about 25 minutes.
Add the stock and bring to a boil.
Scrub zucchini well with a kitchen brush, trim the ends, and chop... - 38.546
Heat the margarine in a large saucepan, stir in the flour, and cook steadily for several minutes.
Remove from the heat, add the cold milk.
Return to the heat, stirring all the time.
When the mixture has thickened, add chopped watercress and seasoning, then... - 37.7662
Saute onion in butter in a large saucepan, cooking until glazed.
Add potato, broth, salt, and tarragon.
Cover and simmer until tender.
Blend in a paste of cornstarch and cook until thickened.
Pour into a blender container and blend with watercress and yogurt,... - 37.6429
Saute onion in butter until soft.
Puree with watercress, flour, stock base, pepper, garlic powder, raw egg and 1 cup of the stock.
Combine with rest of stock and half-and-half cream.
Cook in double boiler or heavy saucepan 30 minutes, stirring... - 36.6129
Discard any bruised leaves and stalks from watercress, wash in cold water and shake off excess water.
Chop watercress finely and place in a large saucepan with potatoes and chicken stock, cover and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.
Press... - 35.7797
Delicious Watercress Soup
Heat the butter in a large saucepan and lightly fry the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
Then add the potatoes and watercress and saute them gently for 5 minutes, covered.
Add the vegetable stock to the pan, cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
Cool,... - 35.326
Saute the watercress, butter and onions together.
Sprinkle with flour and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
Add stock, cream and seasonings.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Serve very hot. - 34.8982
Trim and wash watercress very thoroughly and set aside.
Melt butter over low heat; add flour slowly and blend 3 to 5 minutes.
Scald milk and slowly stir into flour mixture.
Add water, watercress and remaining ingredients.
Cook slowly, 15 to 20 minutes. - 34.7223
In a large saucepan combine watercress, potatoes, salt, and 6 cups water.
Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Strain vegetables and reserve liquid.
Place vegetables in work bowl of food processor or blender and... - 34.4296
Quick Watercress Soup
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan; sauté onion, celery and leeks, stirring often, until tender.
Add watercress, potatoes, stock, salt and pepper.
Cover with water and simmer, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes.
Cool soup; remove and puree vegetables an - 34.4114
Watercress Soup With Croutons
1. Wash and pick over the watercress, discarding any yellow leaves. Reserve enough green top-sprigs to make the final garnish, and chop the remaining cress roughly. Melt the butter and cook the potato and onion together for 2-3 minutes before adding the... - 34.4006
Spareribs And Watercress Soup
Chop the spareribs into 3-cm (1 -in) lengths.
Wash and trim the watercress.
Put all the ingredients into a casserole and stand the casserole in a roasting tin containing hot water.
Cover the tin completely with either a lid or tinfoil, and place in an oven... - 34.3073
Miso And Watercress Soup
1) In a small saucepan placed over medium-high heat, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
2) While waiting for the water to boil, wash the watercress and with paper towels or in a salad spinner, dry it. Trim the stem ends and discard them. Measure 2 cups... - 33.9184
Watercress Soup is an irresistible appetizer which you would surely love to serve to your friends. Enjoy this delicious Watercress Soup; I am sure you would love to try this Watercress Soup again-n-again. - 33.341
Easy Watercress Soup
Put the potatoes, stock, salt and pepper to taste into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Reserve about 30 ml. 1/2 tablespoons of the watercress and add the rest to the saucepan.
Cook for a further 5... - 33.3235
Heat stock and season with honey and salt to taste.
Before untying the bunch of watercress, cut off stems.
Wash stems and boil for about 10 minutes.
Drain and add the cooking water to the stock. (Cooked stems may be eaten. They are good, seasoned with a bit... - 33.27
Watercress Soup With Potato
Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 4 minutes over low heat.
Add watercress and seasonings. Mix, cover and cook 8 minutes over low heat. Stir occasionally.
Add potatoes and chicken stock. Season and bring to boil. Cook 30... - 33.1059
Jellied Watercress Soup
1.Take watercress leaves, add 1 cup of stock to it and blend to make a smooth puree.
2.Add remaining stock, lemon juice and salt and pepepr as per taste.
3.Refrigerate the mixture so that it sets.
4.Serve jellied water cress soup in cups along... - 33.0824
Whirl watercress and onion in blender until pureed.
Melt margarine in saucepan.
Blend in flour.
Slowly add milk and heat at medium heat until thickened.
Add watercress-onion mixture and salt.
Heat thoroughly but do not boil. - 32.183
Watercress Soup With Poached Quails Eggs
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook gently, without allowing it to colour, for 8-10 minutes, or until well softened. Stir in the potatoes and watercress, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the watercress... - 31.9676
Wash the watercress and dry it well.
Chop fine, both leaves and stems.
In small saucepan, combine water, chicken broth mix, onion flakes and salt.
Cook, stirring constantly to dissolve the mix; add skim milk and bring to boiling point.
Stir in chopped... - 31.5963
In a saucepan, combine the chicken broth, salt, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and water.
Simmer for about 15 minutes.
Then bring to a full boil and add watercress and green onions.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. - 30.9509
Quick Watercress Soup
Bring water to boil, crumble in pork, and add ginger, salt and water chestnuts.
Cook at gentle boil 15 minutes.
Bring to hard boil, add watercress and cook 2 minutes.
Add soybean curd and cook 3 minutes. - 30.705
Pour 2 cups of the milk into blender, add watercress, onion, and potatoes and blend thoroughly.
Pour into a saucepan, add remaining milk, cook over low heat for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add remaining ingredients - 30.0892
Watercress Soup is an amazingly easy boiled soup that you will simply love. The effortlessly prepared appetizer recipe can be served with lemon wedges! - 29.8301
Heat chicken broth, ginger root, monosodium glutamate and salt to boiling in 2-quart saucepan.
Cook uncovered over high heat 5 minutes.
Remove ginger root from broth; stir in watercress.
Cook uncovered over medium heat 15 minutes.
Garnish each serving with... - 28.6779
Heat Wave Watercress Soup
Peel cucumber; cut into chunks.
Place cucumber, avocado, chile salsa, watercress and garlic salt in blender container; process until vegetables are well blended.
Pour in bouillon gradually, mixing well.
Chill well; serve over ice in punch bowl.
Garnish with... - 26.8823
Finnan Haddie And Watercress Soup
In a kettle cook the potato, peeled and diced, and the onion in 4 tablespoons of the butter over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened.
While the vegetables are cooking, put the finnan haddie in a deep skillet just large - 23.5077
Watercress Soup Recipes By Category