- » Watercress
Watercress is a plant that grows on water and it can be found in various parts of the globe ranging from Europe to several parts of Asia. One of the first leafy plants consumed by man, it is closely related to ... More »
Watercress And Redleaf Lettuces With Oranges, Red Onions And Fennel
1) In a plastic bag put watercress and lettuces.
2) Chill in refrigerator before packing in a cooler.
3) With a knife cut the ends of oranges.
4) Keeping the oranges upright peel and skin the oranges.
5) Halve lengthwise and then cut into thin... - 47.1782
Beet, Endive And Watercress Salad
In 6-cup (1.5 L) casserole, combine beets with water; cover and microwave at High for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
Drain and let cool.
Slip off skins and slice.
Remove Belgian endive leaves and arrange around outside of salad bowl or platter.
Mound... - 43.3287
Whiting In Cress Sauce
1) Take a casserole dish and cook watercress with butter for 3 minutes on power.
2) Blend the watercress and add cream, salt, and pepper.
3) Cook for another 2 minutes on power and keep aside.
4) Take a serving dish and arrange whiting fillets.
5)... - 39.8144
Watercress, Celeriac, And Chicory Salad
Prepare the vegetables and combine them in a salad bowl.
Mix together the parsley, onion, cornichons, capers, and garlic with the mustard, lemon juice, and vinegar.
Add the oil, season to taste, and mix well.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss... - 35.1829
You May Also Like!
Watercress And Potato Soup
Wash the watercress.
Reserve 1/2 cup of the leaves and chop the remaining leaves and stems into small pieces.
Using the highest setting throughout this recipe, heat the butter in a 2-quart glass or ceramic casserole for 20 seconds.
Add the onion and celery... - 36.0848
Watercress Green Smoothie
1. Blend the cucumber, watercress, lemon juice, sea salt and water.
2. Pour the blend into a glass.
3. Serve chilled or at room temperature. - 97.4827
Asian Style Watercress Soup
This Watercress Soup tastes incredible ! Rich, luxurious watercress has been my favorite be it for sandwiches or for a side course and now this soup is the best of all watercress dishes that I've ever tasted ! Try out this utterly delicious Watercress soup... - 41.2275
Spiced Watercress Soup
The watercress soup is a lovely vegetable soup made with fresh watercress and mixed vegetables. Spiced with a hint of mace and herbed, the watercress soup is cooked in milk. Creamy and topped with buttered and fried croutons the watercress soup is quite... - 45.0496
Quick Watercress Soup
Bring water to boil, crumble in pork, and add ginger, salt and water chestnuts.
Cook at gentle boil 15 minutes.
Bring to hard boil, add watercress and cook 2 minutes.
Add soybean curd and cook 3 minutes. - 28.6607
Saute onion in butter until soft.
Puree with watercress, flour, stock base, pepper, garlic powder, raw egg and 1 cup of the stock.
Combine with rest of stock and half-and-half cream.
Cook in double boiler or heavy saucepan 30 minutes, stirring... - 34.662
Watercress And Alfalfa Salad
Wash watercress, break into sprigs.
Seed red pepper, cut into fine strips.
Combine watercress and red pepper in bowl, mix well.
Top with alfalfa sprouts.
Sprinkle dressing over, toss. - 23.6934
Cream Of Watercress Soup
In a saucepan, melt butter; saute watercress for 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in broth, cream and wine.
Heat to steaming, or chill for a cold soup.
Serve garnished with whole watercress leaves.
Makes 4 to 6 servings. - 31.317
Trim the watercress, removing any tough stems.
Place in a saucepan with a little water and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
Drain well and chop finely, using the double-bladed chopping knife.
Bring the cream to the boil and stir in the finely... - 26.2118
1) Properly wash and rinse the watercress with water; dry on an adsorbent paper.
2) In a bowl, toss the watercress, celery and avocado with French Dressing.
3) Serve the salad on the lettuce leaves. - 30.0899
Watercress Salad is a simply delicious side dish recipe. Try this Watercress Salad; I bet, yoy will get a huge fan following for this one. - 25.0163
Watercress And Potato Soup
In a pan, cook the shallots and thyme gently in the butter until softened but not coloured.
Tie the watercress stalks together with string, then put in the pan.
Add potatoes and stir to combine.
Add the boiling stock and cook aggressively until the potatoes... - 40.6624
1. Combine watercress, romaine, and pear in a large serving bowl and toss.
2. Sprinkle oil and vinegar over lettuces. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve. - 24.1583
In a food processor or blender, finely chop watercress with oil, lemon juice, and tarragon; add salt and pepper to taste.
If made ahead, cover and chill up until next day. - 22.2464
Watercress Recipes By Category