- » Water Chestnut Cake
Water Chestnut Cake Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Water Chestnut Cake recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Water Chestnut Cake recipes.
Water Chestnut Appetizers
Drain water chestnuts and marinate in soy for 30 minutes.
Roll each chestnut in sugar, then wrap with a strip of bacon (cut each slice of bacon in half cross wise and lengthwise), and secure with a cocktail pick.
Arrange on a cake rack in a shallow pan or on... - 28.046
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Wrap each chestnut in bacon and hold together with toothpick.
Place on 9 x 13-inch cake pan and bake at 375° for 30 minutes, then place in covered dish out of grease.
Mix sugar, brown sugar and ketchup together; heat in microwave until warm.
Pour over... - 21.4335
My sister likes this chestnut cake recipe. This recipe was given to her by one of her friends. Whenever there is a party in our house, she prepares this cake. All the guests like this dish very much and thank her for preparing it. Which makes my sister very... - 32.1599
Chestnut And Chocolate Cake
1) Grease the sandwich tins and line the bases with non-stick (silicone) cooking paper.
2) Heat the oven at 350°F or Mark 4.
3) Skin, cook, and sieve the chestnuts.
4) Check the weight of the sieved chestnuts and use only 8 oz.
5) In... - 45.986
1. If fresh nuts are used, make gashes in the flat side of each. Boil about twenty minutes in water to cover and drain. Remove the shell and inner skin. Return to pot, cover and boil in water to cover until tender, about five minutes. Drain and press through... - 33.598
There is no better gift for your palate than this chestnut cake recipe. This cake, when served as a snack will always bring cheer to your table. You have already been deprived of this amazing recipe, don't miss it now. - 44.4812
Put the chestnuts in a saucepan.
Pour in enough milk to cover and bring to a boil.
Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 40 to 60 minutes or until the chestnuts are soft.
Drain the chestnuts and puree them in a blender or push them through a... - 41.0307
Rinse the raisins (sultanas) under plenty of cold running water.
Pat dry on kitchen paper.
Put 2 oz (50 g/2 oz) in a bowl with the cognac.
Set the rest aside.
Heat in the microwave oven for 1 minute on HIGH.
Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a bowl... - 45.8051
Swiss Hazelnut Meringue With Chestnuts
Swiss Hazelnut Meringue With Chestnuts is an irresistible mouth-watering dessert recipe. Try this easy to prepare Swiss Hazelnut Meringue With Chestnuts, you will love to serve to your loved ones. - 46.8066
1. If fresh nuts are used, make gashes in the flat side of each. Boil about twenty minutes in water to cover and drain. Remove the shell and inner skin. Return to pot, cover and boil in water to cover until tender, about five minutes. Drain and press through... - 37.3493
1 Place a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350 degrees farenheit.
2 Lightly butter and flour a 13 X 9-inch baking pan and tap out the excess flour.
3 For cake:In the bowl of a standing heavy-duty electric mixer,combine the... - 45.5713
A Chestnut And Chocolate Roll With Pistachio Cream Sauce
1. In a cup, blend the yeast into about 4 fl oz (120 ml / 1/2 cup) of the water
2. Grease two loaf tins with the vegetable fat
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C (Gas Mark 7)
4. Place the flour in a heap on a large pastry board
5.... - 45.6029
Chocolate Chestnut Gateau
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease a deep round cake tin of 8-inches. Use non-stick parchment or greased greaseproof paper to line it.
3) With sifted flour, dust the inside of the prepared tin.
4) Blend together the... - 46.0759
Chestnut Souffle is a mouth-watering desser recipe. Try this easy to bake souffle recipe; I bet you will get a lot of compliments for this irresistible Chestnut Souffle dish. - 44.2771
Chestnut And Rum Swiss Gateau
Beat the eggs and sugar until thick.
Sift the flour, melt and cool the butter.
Fold the flour, then the butter into the egg and sugar mixture.
Pour into a jelly pan lined with well-greased waxed paper.
Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes just above the... - 43.801
Italian Chestnut Chocolate Dessert
Melt chocolate in top part of double boiler over hot water.
Cream butter until fluffy.
Stir in vanilla and chestnut creme.
Beat in melted chocolate and beat until absolutely smooth.
Line bottom of 8-inch layer-cake pan or pie pan, or 8-inch square pan with... - 38.1912
Fried Bean Cake Stuffed With Pork
Mix together the pork, water chestnuts, onions, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and egg.
Carefully make a small slit in each fried bean cake and stuff with 1 teaspoon pork.
Place cakes in a shallow heatproof serving dish.
Cover and put on a rack in a larger pan with... - 33.3971
Grind pork; mix with halibut.
Chop chestnuts and ginger; add to halibut mixture.
Blend 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 tablespoons corn- starch.
Stir into halibut mixture thoroughly.
Chop almonds; add to mixture with oil.
Shape mixture into... - 44.7195
Sauteed Shrimp Cakes
Coat a small non stick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add sweet red pepper and green onions; saute until vegetables are tender.
Peel and devein shrimp; coarsely chop.
Position knife blade in food processor bowl;... - 43.416
Pan Fried Shrimp Cakes With Chinese Cabbage
1. Shell and devein shrimp; then mince or grind with water chestnuts, scallion stalk and ginger root.
2. Beat egg and blend into mixture, along with cornstarch, salt, pepper and stock. Form into cakes, as in step 2 above.
3. Heat oil. Pan-fry shrimp cakes... - 34.5221
Sesame Fish Cakes
1. Chop the fish finely with a cleaver or in a food processor. Combine it with the remaining fish cake ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Shape the mixture into six 2-inch cakes. Combine the bread crumbs and sesame seeds in a shallow bowl. Dredge the... - 30.3096
1) Grease a 1 lb loaf tin and line the bottom with a greased waxed paper.
2) In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3) In a heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate over a pan of gently simmering water; allow to... - 44.7981
Vegetarian Eight Treasure
Vegetarian Eight Treasure is an easy to prepare side dish recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention. Try this amazingly delicious Vegetarian Eight Treasure, you will surely love to talk about with us. - 34.492
Tossed Rice Noodles Chop Suey
1 Heat oil in a wok. Add ginger, onion and broccoli, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add stock and cook covered 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, bean curd, sherry and sesame oil. Fold in noodles. Cover and simmer 1-2 minutes to... - 28.4989
Tossed Rice Noodles With Chop Suey
1 Heat oil in a wok. Add ginger, onion and broccoli, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add stock and cook covered 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, bean curd, sherry and sesame oil. Fold in noodles. Cover and simmer 1—2 minutes to... - 34.1913
Turkey Ham Casserole
1) In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine and sautÃ© onions until tender.
2) Then, add flour, salt, and pepper. And then, add mushrooms with liquid, cream, and sherry.
3) Stirring constantly, cook until sauce thickens.
4) Now, add turkey, water... - 45.4937
Chocolate Yule Log
So, we have Alia making the Yule Log Cake, which is la "Bûche de Noël" in this video. It is a traditional French cake that is only available during Christmas time. It is made of a 'genoise' (a soft sponge cake), filled with a flavored buttercream, and... - 107.885
Egg Foo Yong
Egg foo yong is a chinese preparation of eggs cooked with shrimps and bean sprouts and veggies. Cooked in form of cakes and fried the egg foo yong is a flavorful side dish. - 43.2971
Wrap bacon piece around one of the foods listed above.
Secure with a toothpick and dip in soy sauce.
Arrange 10 hors d'oeuvres in an 8 inch round glass pie plate or cake dish.
Cover with paper towel.
Microwave 5 to 6 minutes or until bacon is cooked.
Give... - 28.8281
Four Delight Sizzling Rice Soup
Four Delight Sizzling Rice Soup is simply yummy. Four Delight Sizzling Rice Soup gets its taste from pork mixed with chicken broth and rice. Four Delight Sizzling Rice Soup is loved by many pork consumers. - 48.3685
Trader Vic's Shrimp Foo Young
Combine all ingredients, adding eggs last.
Put plenty of cooking oil (2 tablespoons) in hot skillet or on a hot griddle, and drop a liberal amount of the egg mixture (about 1/3 cup) to form small cakes.
Fry them over high heat into thick cakes,... - 37.1152
Chinese Smoked Meatballs
Soak the mushrooms in hot water to cover for 15 minutes or until soft. Drain, remove stems and chop caps finely. Drain chestnuts, rinse under cold running water and chop finely. Place mushrooms and chestnuts in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and mix... - 30.6874
Layered Twenty Four Hour Salad
In a very large salad bowl line the bottom with bite-sized pieces of lettuce.
Cover the lettuce with carrots, celery, onions, water chestnuts, and peas.
Spread the pint of mayonnaise mixed with fat-free sour cream on top as if you are icing a cake.
Sprinkle... - 33.3456
Seafood Sizzling Rice
Defrost and rinse the shrimps.
Pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
Marinate with the above marinade.
String the snow peas, then parboil.
Peel and slice water chestnuts.
Cut the abalone mushrooms into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces.
Put the mushrooms, snow peas,... - 43.1422
Noodle Pancakes With Shiitake Mushrooms
Combine 1 cup boiling water and mushrooms in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes or until softened.
Drain mushrooms, and finely chop.
Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan.
Add spaghetti, and cook 20 minutes or until very tender.
Drain spaghetti... - 42.0625
Honey And Fruit Tipsy Pudding
1) In a bowl, place the cake pieces and pour in the wine.
2) In a pan, gently heat the honey, then stir into the cake mixture with the raspberries.
3) In a buttered 2 1/2 cup pudding mold, press the mixture firmly with a spoon.
4) Cover with a saucer... - 46.6812
Shrimp Foo Yong
Combine first 7 ingredients, adding eggs last.
Grease griddle or skillet with salad oil.
Drop about 1/3 cup egg mixture onto hot griddle; cook over medium heat till lightly browned, turning once.
Stack 3 cakes together for a serving.
Serve with Foo... - 37.8232
Shrimp Foo Yong
Combine all ingredients except Sauce, adding eggs last.
Heat 2 tablespoons salad oil in skillet and spoon in 1/3 cup egg mixture to form each cake.
Fry over high heat till puffed and delicately browned, turning once.
Stack 3 cakes for each serving... - 41.8615
Eight Jewee Duck
1 Lightly salt duck inside and out. Cook rice using Chinese Rice recipe Cut all vegetables into small dice.
2 Heat a wok. Add oil, ginger, garlic and pork. Stir-fry 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots, chestnuts, shrimp, ham and almonds. Stir-fry until... - 33.3278
1. Peel the orange and make 1-1/2 inch wide strips from the peel
2. Cut strips into1-inch pieces
3. In a 8-inch Round Cake Pan, sprinkle the peel such that it is evenly spread out. Bake the peel for 30 minutes at 200°F. Remove from the hot oven... - 43.4523
Stuffed Bean Curd
1 Cut bean curd cakes in half. Make a pocket in each half to contain filling, taking care not to break bean curd. In a bowl, combine filling ingredients. Stuff bean curd carefully with this mixture. Place bean curd in a shallow heatproof dish and steam for... - 29.1083
Stuffed Bean Curd
1 Cut bean cufd cakes in half. Make a pocket in each half to contain filling, taking care not to break bean curd. In a bowl, combine filling ingredients. Stuff bean curd carefully with this mixture. Place bean curd in a shallow heatproof dish and steam for... - 35.8537
Eight Jewel Duck
1 Lightly salt duck inside and out. Cook rice. Cut all vegetables into small dice.
2 Heat a wok. Add oil, ginger, garlic and pork. Stir-fry 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots, chestnuts, shrimp, ham and almonds. Stir-fry until hot. Add soy sauce, sherry... - 39.5175